This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

Electric Vans
« on: February 02, 2023, 05:50:21 pm »
Anyone have any experience with them?   I think EV's will work really well for our start stop town driving habbits.

So which vans have you got and how are they doing ?   

I am thinking of buying one.

Also this may destroy the diesel hot water heater markets.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

DJW

Re: Electric Vans
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 06:42:44 pm »
Price? Cage mounting? Payload?

Just use a separate tank of diesel.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 07:15:18 pm »
The range is awful on most you have to choose between being cold in winter and hot in summer as air-con and heating steal the miles I’ve been told by an owner.
If most people went EV Hot water system suppliers would just incorporate a tank within the unit I’m sure,it would make the unit have a larger footprint but would easily be doable.

DJW

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 07:53:00 pm »
42,000 for the cheapest Proace electric.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 07:59:30 pm »
Blimey, 100 mile range on a good day.  50 on a bad winters day.

And by 2030 we are all expected to be driving them.

Watch the city congestion and ULEZ charges grow and areas expanded.   Then the road tax and diesel tax will hike up to push folk to EV.   
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

NWH

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 07:59:54 pm »
That was the best van out of all the reviews I watched a plumber used one daily from Kent to central London,I think he got 160 on full charge but he was given it to use in that hot summer a couple of years ago he had to be careful with the air-con etc.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2023, 08:00:52 pm »
They are trying to get the deadline put back due to lack of charging points.

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2023, 08:57:02 pm »
Anyone have any experience with them?   I think EV's will work really well for our start stop town driving habbits.

Just putting in a separate diesel tank will solve that issue.

With the price of electricity and forecast charging increases (e.g. charge point at home on a separate smart meter), it might work out cheaper to buy a diesel van and pay the daily emission zone charges.  ;D

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

windowswashed

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2023, 09:05:48 pm »
I really hope hydrogen does do Ev's what VHS done to Betamax which came out first.

Ev's have been around for over a hundred years. The reasons they failed the first time was a lack of infrastructure and pricing.

EandM

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2023, 10:13:06 pm »
I really hope hydrogen does do Ev's what VHS done to Betamax which came out first.

Ev's have been around for over a hundred years. The reasons they failed the first time was a lack of infrastructure and pricing.

Ev's have been around for nearly 200 years (1830) and at the turn of the 20th century there were more Ev's in use than internal combustion engines.
Even Harrods had an all-electric delivery fleet.

If they can find a way to produce hydrogen that isn't 6-8 times less efficient than just charging a battery then they're onto a winner. I really hope they can, especially as it's the only viable alternative to a Ev HGV.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2023, 06:52:52 am »
Whatever they produce they’ll be a Tax on it and eventually it’ll be more or just as expensive to run EV.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2023, 07:27:23 am »

Ev's have been around for nearly 200 years (1830) and at the turn of the 20th century there were more Ev's in use than internal combustion engines.
Even Harrods had an all-electric delivery fleet.

If they can find a way to produce hydrogen that isn't 6-8 times less efficient than just charging a battery then they're onto a winner. I really hope they can, especially as it's the only viable alternative to a Ev HGV.

It was the cheapness of oil wot dun in the early EV's. And relatively cheap petrol engines. And the cost size and weight of early batteries.

The early steam wagons were the cheapest engine but like the battery on an EV, the weight of the fuel (coal) and of course having to feed it into the firebox meant they died out in the 1920's.
It's a game of three halves!

Steven Biggs

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2023, 09:19:19 am »
You been up to the railway museum in york , gold . ? We went over Christmas. That place would be right up your street , really impressive. Some of those engines are like rockets . And it’s free in . 😁good for a Yorkshire lad .

deeege

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2023, 09:48:36 am »
I wouldn’t have an electric van if they were the same price as a diesel, never mind paying £40k+ for one. The poor range would make it a nightmare.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

DJW

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2023, 11:57:31 am »
I’m wondering what’s going to happen in seven years time, will petrol and diesel vehicles be worthless when they are no longer produced or will there be a high demand for them when electric takes over?

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2023, 04:29:49 pm »
No EV for me EVER

NWH

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2023, 04:38:45 pm »
I’m wondering what’s going to happen in seven years time, will petrol and diesel vehicles be worthless when they are no longer produced or will there be a high demand for them when electric takes over?

It won’t happen with the price of electric and lack of charging points it’s a joke,you need to live off road to be able to charge overnight and can you imagine what’ll happen in inner cities with charging cables hanging out or cars and vans with all the idiots-vandalism about with knives they’ll be chopping em in half just for fun.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2023, 05:38:20 pm »
If the WEF get their way you won’t own a vehicle .
15 minute city’s we all be pulling a cart😂😂😂😂
Spit and polish

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2023, 05:41:51 pm »

Just putting in a separate diesel tank will solve that issue.

With the price of electricity and forecast charging increases (e.g. charge point at home on a separate smart meter), it might work out cheaper to buy a diesel van and pay the daily emission zone charges.  ;D

Talking to a customer the other day he said to put a charging point into a house costs  £1,500  he has one of the latest Land Rover  discovery things the charger looks a real complicated thing with digital display screen  and if the reliability is like Land Rover it will constantly be going wrong. 😂😂

Splash & dash

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2023, 05:44:10 pm »

This is the million dollar question, no one knows