This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash & dash

Re: Electric Vans
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2023, 01:27:08 pm »
I looked at the nissan nv200e electric can 2 years ago. I actually agree with you for wanting one and thinking it is good for the environment with all the stop starts.
The thing that put me off was that the battery is under the loadspace..... so under the water tank. So to have a crash tested system with a 500 litre tank wasn't an option at the time as the bolts that hold the tank to the chassis would be obstructed by the battery.
Ignore many of the above comments by those who think they know all about this subject based on comments like ' my mate said' etc. Maybe in the last 2 years things have moved on. Also as an owner of an electric car with genuine expreience the cost for a home charger is between 500 and 1000..... not 1500 as previously quoted.
My round being quite compact would mean I would charge the van every 2 days and the price of electric compared to diesel currently is between 30 to 50 percent...... so still offers good cost savings.
The main drawback is the cost of the vehicle. I hope you find this information useful as opposed to some of the crap written before

The cost of a home charger for a Land Rover discovery is £1500  I have seen the invoice for it myself  as it’s a family friend who owns it it’s like a computer  touch screen , and Land Rover said  the price is being subsidised by them at the moment to encourage sales , other makes hide the cost of the charger in the car price how do I know this my local Audi dealer  ,and BMW   Both admitted this when speaking to them and test driving  their cars .

Ched

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2023, 06:54:13 pm »
Just so people know you don't have to have the manufacturers ev charger. There lots of third party chargers for sale that are compatible and don't invalidate ev manufacturers warranty.

A type 2 charger it's self start at £300 plus fitting.

Some of the 3rd party ones are capable of 'talking' to solar systems to charge from roof solar panels when you are producing excess, if you have a solar system.

NWH

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2023, 07:11:03 pm »
I was talking to a solar system the other day and it said don’t bother with an EV van lol.

M.c.s

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2023, 06:43:19 pm »
I have an electric env200
I will never go back perfect van for me