This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

deeege

Re: Where to start with aches and pains
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2022, 07:16:48 am »
How many hours a day do you work to clean those 25/30 houses?

Sound like you are seriously overdoing it to me, that’s not sustainable once you are getting into your 40’s.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

zesty

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2022, 07:55:48 am »

Sound like you are seriously overdoing it to me, that’s not sustainable once you are getting into your 40’s.

That is a mad amount if houses for one man, not sustainable at all, huge repetitive strain and wear on the body.

I average 4-5 hours a day, and 10-15 houses.

That’s the balance I’ve chosen to look after the joints and muscles.

The long game is arguably more important than the here and now.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2022, 09:38:51 am »
I have never done 25-30 houses in a day, what are they compact 1 beds  ???

And sorry to say but if your body is like this after 7 years wfp and age 40 your not gonna last long...

I'm 45 been doing wfp 12 years i get the odd bit of tennis elbow once every few years but other than that im OK, ( I think ;D)

Tom-01

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2022, 09:41:58 am »
40 isn’t that old (that’s what I tell myself now I’m 40!) - but it’s definitely noticeable how physical work gets a bit harder. I don’t do nearly as much physical work now as I used to.

Maybe get someone to work with you, that will help.

Also I would highly recommend reformer Pilates, if done at least once a week you will notice the difference. Regular exercise and strength work at the gym would be great for you too.

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2022, 10:04:01 am »

About 6/7 hours . 15 mins for lunch then none stop action  ;D

Don't really think much of it, its's 10am now and I've already done 10.

I did 28 yesterday but that included 5 first cleans.

Today I've given myself a lighter one 23 jobs Inc 4 first cleans. 

Stoots

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2022, 10:06:31 am »

And sorry to say but if your body is like this after 7 years wfp and age 40 your not gonna last long...

I'm 45 been doing wfp 12 years i get the odd bit of tennis elbow once every few years but other than that im OK, ( I think ;D)

Generally a mix 3 bed semis, some 4 bed detached with connys, couple of terraced and the odd front.

Nothing that compact, most of my work is one job and move the van but I'm never much more than a minute or 2 drive from another job either .

Stoots

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2022, 10:08:14 am »

That is a mad amount if houses for one man, not sustainable at all, huge repetitive strain and wear on the body.

I average 4-5 hours a day, and 10-15 houses.

That’s the balance I’ve chosen to look after the joints and muscles.

The long game is arguably more important than the here and now.

If I only did 10 or 15 houses I'd only make about 150 quid a day. Not enough for me

Jonny 87

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2022, 10:41:14 am »
I regularly do 30 houses a day, I like working at a brisk pace, I’m not running around like a headless chicken though.

I’m similar in that if I only did 10-15 houses I’d have to double my prices, and only work mornings. Sounds pretty good mind you.  ;D

I’m 34 and physically feel great at work, I’d recommend seeing a physio and they will no doubt give you some light resistance training to build up weak muscles that are causing an imbalance.

Although people seem to say window cleaning is tough on the body and if you work at that pace for too long you will fall apart, I don’t agree.

Use the best equipment out there, and look after yourself.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Bungle

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2022, 12:38:01 pm »

What's your retention rate? I'd guess it's not that good?
We look at them, they look through them.

Bungle

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2022, 12:38:52 pm »

45? Have you had a hard life Shaun?  ;D

Stoots

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2022, 12:58:39 pm »

I lose maybe 2/3 established customers a year through moving usually. I'd say its very good. Retention rate on first cleans is not as good but that's to be expected lots of messers out there.

If you are suggesting I don't do a good job then you are barking up the wrong tree  if I was getting loads of complaints I'd slow down but I don't.

Stoots

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2022, 01:01:05 pm »
I regularly do 30 houses a day, I like working at a brisk pace, I’m not running around like a headless chicken though.

I’m similar in that if I only did 10-15 houses I’d have to double my prices, and only work mornings. Sounds pretty good mind you.  ;D

I’m 34 and physically feel great at work, I’d recommend seeing a physio and they will no doubt give you some light resistance training to build up weak muscles that are causing an imbalance.

Although people seem to say window cleaning is tough on the body and if you work at that pace for too long you will fall apart, I don’t agree.

I think it depends  on  the day actually.

I've said it before but I'd rather   clean 30 3 bed semis at 5 to 10 mins a pop than 20 4 beds with connys and velux.

I certainly feel the pain when it's a big house day that's for sure.

There's a difference between 34 and 40 though. Men peak physically early 30s so youve only just crested it lol I'm on the downslope. I was 33 when started, I'm a shadow of that man now  ;D

SB Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2022, 02:08:25 pm »

45? Have you had a hard life Shaun?  ;D
Cheeky barsteward  ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2022, 02:10:52 pm »

I think it depends  on  the day actually.

I've said it before but I'd rather   clean 30 3 bed semis at 5 to 10 mins a pop than 20 4 beds with connys and velux.

I certainly feel the pain when it's a big house day that's for sure.

There's a difference between 34 and 40 though. Men peak physically early 30s so youve only just crested it lol I'm on the downslope. I was 33 when started, I'm a shadow of that man now  ;D

If this is my peak then I’m in real trouble. 😂

I’ve been cleaning since 16 so I may well eat my words. 😬

go for a physio though. It’s solid advice.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

deeege

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2022, 03:25:01 pm »
Sounds pretty grim racing through 30 houses a day to me to be honest but I’m guessing that’s the best prices you can get in whatever area you are in?

Id try to concentrate on upping your average clean price and reducing the amount of properties you clean as I don’t think that’s sustainable on your body long term, especially if your feeling the strain at 40.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Slacky

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2022, 03:38:25 pm »
Sounds like you're your own worse enemy.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2022, 04:24:28 pm »
I’m 53 and relatively fit having previously played football. I prefer to work at a brisk pace in order to get more free time away from window cleaning.
If I had the aches and pains that Stoots describes, I would seriously consider yoga or something similar, I would also look into getting an exercise sheet drawn up by a physiotherapist.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2022, 04:27:04 pm »
Stoots do you take any vitamins.
Had same problems was sent to a physio couldn't find anything wrong told me it's very strenuous on the body using WFP.
Started taking high dose D3 and 100mg K2 this has helped.
Search on YouTube and you can see lots of info on both D3 and K2
Spit and polish

Stoots

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2022, 04:49:52 pm »
Stoots do you take any vitamins.
Had same problems was sent to a physio couldn't find anything wrong told me it's very strenuous on the body using WFP.
Started taking high dose D3 and 100mg K2 this has helped.
Search on YouTube and you can see lots of info on both D3 and K2

No i dont, i will look into it. certainly diet could be much better .

Bungle

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2022, 06:12:53 pm »

I lose maybe 2/3 established customers a year through moving usually. I'd say its very good. Retention rate on first cleans is not as good but that's to be expected lots of messers out there.

If you are suggesting I don't do a good job then you are barking up the wrong tree  if I was getting loads of complaints I'd slow down but I don't.

You've admitted in the past that you're a splash and dash merchant. That's why I asked about your retention rate.