This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Where to start with aches and pains
« on: January 19, 2022, 06:26:50 pm »
So chaps i need to do something about my body  ;D

Not sure where to go to sort myself out, im assuming see a physio but wanted some advice from anyone who has seeked help with aches and pains. Would normally go to my GP but even getting through on the phone is impossible these days.

I have trigger finger in my right ring finger first thing on a morning, I get occassional carpel tunnel like shooting pain in the outside of my left wrist.

My right shoulder has just started playing up, a few times ive woken with my arm above my head and its locked solid, it really hurts to put my arm back in position like a locked jaw lol. I cant seem to replicate it during the day.

On top of that my hands ache from gripping the pole. It doesnt go away even with a few days rest they just ache constantly. Then i get all the usual aches and pains in my neck and muscles etc.

of course im assuming all this is from working

In general i just feel battered all the time, just turned 40 and im not liking where this is going. ... ;D

Not sure where to go for help really

mac74

Re: Where to start with aches and pains
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 06:43:14 pm »
Yea i know what you mean, ive got tennis elbow at the moment, using voltarol joint pain relief 2.32% gel diclofenac (strong version)  on it, but i may have to get the injection if it gets any worse.
I also take Osteocare calcium bone tabs daily, and cant recommend them enough, if i dont take them i know about it.

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 06:54:49 pm »
Just popped some ibuprofen  :D

not really a long term solution

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 06:58:30 pm »

Imagine what your aches and pains would be like if you were a proper window cleaner working off a ladder  :D
We look at them, they look through them.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 07:18:23 pm »

Imagine what your aches and pains would be like if you were a proper window cleaner working off a ladder  :D
;D ;D

NBwcs

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 07:25:46 pm »
Your no age Stoots, i strongly advise you persevere with  getting a GP appointment just to rule out anything nasty then go from there.

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 07:25:50 pm »

A lot less i imagine, i might switch

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 07:41:43 pm »
Book an appointment with a physiotherapist...I had a chap sort my back out a few years ago,he gave me acupuncture too..cost me £35!he was done and dusted after 45 mins...and my back has been great ever since....
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2022, 08:09:29 pm »
You really shouldn’t be falling to pieces like that at 40. What’s your diet, exercise and lifestyle like generally?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Ggh

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2022, 08:21:48 pm »
Once you hit 40, you’re knackered, if you’ve had a hard life that is.
Get ped every night and see if that helps?
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

High-Tower

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2022, 08:43:27 pm »
Highly recommend seeing a physio. I suffer the same locked shoulders as you describe, had a physio set me up with some exercises to improve mobility and it makes a huge difference.

jonny thompson

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2022, 09:12:36 pm »
I always get carpel tunnel in the winter, bad pain going up my arms and elbow, it’s definitely from wearing thick gloves, they stretch your fingers out and tense your forearms , if I don’t use gloves for a weak the pain goes

zesty

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2022, 09:40:18 pm »
Wfp in my experience is harder on the body than trad, Trad is light work, yes you have to climb ladders, but it’s only your own body weight.

Wfp takes its toll if you do too many hours, how many hours you doing a day?

Sometimes it’s just genetics mate!

dd

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2022, 09:49:00 pm »
I find yoga helps.

Also being aware of what you are doing and how you are using your body during your working day, e.g. how tightly you grip your pole, can help make adjustments to your technique to reduce strain.

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2022, 09:53:43 pm »
Booked a physio session for Saturday so will see how that goes.

Probably just working too hard and trying to do too much. 80 first cleans in last 2 weeks probably hasn't helped 😅

Gringo

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2022, 10:07:03 pm »
Think your over doing it, with those first cleans did you say your bashing your work out in 3 days before Xmas, you need regular breaks as you get older ie 30 mins for dinner , just for a rest in shoulders muscles etc especially when your at it full pelt,

Gringo

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2022, 10:10:37 pm »
Physio defo help, been with shoulder issue and tennis elbow last year, it's the repetitive nature of job and getting older

colin bird

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2022, 10:30:13 pm »
wow sorry to hear that mate,im 60 and will need a hip replacement at some point,i also limp about with a bad ankle due to playing football and being agressive whilst playing,but other than that i can put a shift in no ladders or steps for me.
im going to be brutal and say if your struggling at 40 you wont be able to carry on much longer,really sorry to say that but i think thats how it is for you mate .
you can get treatment massage etc,that may give you a bit of time,but listen to your body,i thinks its saying were done with window cleaning.
good luck

*Derek*

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2022, 11:52:41 pm »
Im also 40 well nearly. Had tennis elbow in both arms in the last year. Neck & shoulders are always stiff and sore. My ankle has been at me now with a few months. Physio has put it down to just being on feet all day. I get massages regularly enough. My diet is decent and not overweight. This job is tough.

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2022, 07:12:08 am »
Booked physio for Saturday, they do massages as well so will see what they recommend.

I guess if I can't sort it I'll have to cut back or employ someone to ease the load.

I generally do 25 to 30 houses a day and rush about like a blue bottomed fly  :D Maybe it's caught up with me, been doing this 7 years now.