van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Selling work
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2021, 07:58:10 pm »
I thought you were refining Daz that ain’t refining I reckon you’re parking up in Cul -de-sacs or a close most days.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2021, 01:32:46 pm »
I thought you were refining Daz that ain’t refining I reckon you’re parking up in Cul -de-sacs or a close most days.

yep still cleaning my estate work....i have 4 days work on one estate and 3 and a half on another across the road,most other work is larger houses,a few offices,childrens care homes/nurseries,etc....

i have no problem cleaning 18- 25 houses a day some days...i dont see why you have a problem with that?

yesterday i actually cleaned 17 jobs in 4 hours(1 customers has moved).......
price higher/work harder!

jim bean

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2021, 12:10:56 am »
Cheers Stoots. I spent a few hours this weekend and consulted my employee. We agreed that one of the main criteria was to reduce the amount of severe angles and length of pole needed to clear obstructions and expanses. Our big houses that we've clung onto for years because of price were suddenly in the firing line. Something i would have never considered a few years ago. Really giving something a lot of thought usually gets you the answer you look for.

It goes against logic, as you would naturally asume cleaning less bigger houses per day would be better than cleaning more smaller ones.

But for me it's just not the case, although the hourly rate may be the same, cleaning the smaller ones over the day leaves me feeling a lot less fatigued.

I can quite happily blast out 25 smaller houses flicking an 18ft pole about.

Compare that to stretching away over a conny with a 25ft pole with the sun beaming down on you. You know the ones where you get back to the van and are breathing heavy.

I hate the bigger houses on my round now.

Likewise! More obstacles! More hose out, usually down a long drive or not ideal for moving van with hose out to next job. I earn more on estates doing 2-3 bed semis all day than doing big ones although the price per window is probably less lol

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2021, 09:14:19 am »
Cheers Stoots. I spent a few hours this weekend and consulted my employee. We agreed that one of the main criteria was to reduce the amount of severe angles and length of pole needed to clear obstructions and expanses. Our big houses that we've clung onto for years because of price were suddenly in the firing line. Something i would have never considered a few years ago. Really giving something a lot of thought usually gets you the answer you look for.

It goes against logic, as you would naturally asume cleaning less bigger houses per day would be better than cleaning more smaller ones.

But for me it's just not the case, although the hourly rate may be the same, cleaning the smaller ones over the day leaves me feeling a lot less fatigued.

I can quite happily blast out 25 smaller houses flicking an 18ft pole about.

Compare that to stretching away over a conny with a 25ft pole with the sun beaming down on you. You know the ones where you get back to the van and are breathing heavy.

I hate the bigger houses on my round now.

Likewise! More obstacles! More hose out, usually down a long drive or not ideal for moving van with hose out to next job. I earn more on estates doing 2-3 bed semis all day than doing big ones although the price per window is probably less lol

Your obviously not charging enough for your larger properties as I earn at least £50-£100 a day EXTRA on lots of my larger property cleaning days......
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2021, 11:55:30 am »
Yeah if you are doing semi detached properties or ones next to each other you shouldn’t be  doing the same as you would be cleaning large properties,you can clean 3-4 jobs without breaking sweat and with no running if it’s priced how it should be.
If you get to Thursday and you’re knackered and it’s all been pole imo you are doing too much for to little.

harleyman

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2021, 06:48:08 am »
IM 60 do 20 nearly every day no problem and they ain't bungalows  ;D