This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jay moley

Re: My recent experience with employing
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2021, 12:00:36 pm »
Jay, have you tried any distraction tricks while working? Listening to books or learning a language?

I have Spotify and Audible. Doesn't really help to be honest.

Just need to keep looking for someone.

jay moley

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2021, 01:04:34 pm »
Smudger

How do you find people to employ?

Thanks

Ascjim

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2021, 02:28:48 pm »
Time to find a therapist.

tom20001

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2021, 02:29:25 pm »
Jay, have you tried any distraction tricks while working? Listening to books or learning a language?

Ive got to commend anybody who could learn a language while cleaning windows . I've a hard enough time making sure no drips, no dog poo on hoses, staying on time for next job, answering phone on busy day, small talk with custy and getting paid off custy nevermind Ich Bin Heinrich 👀😂

Stoots

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2021, 05:50:03 pm »

I'm the same tbh, besides the odd day I really don't like the job anymore.

I prefer working 2 man, but the caveat is you need to find someone you get on with.

Don't really make any more money 2 man but if it saves you from topping yourself it's got to be worth it.

zesty

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2021, 06:01:35 pm »

I prefer working 2 man, but the caveat is you need to find someone you get on with.

Don't really make any more money 2 man but if it saves you from topping yourself it's got to be worth it.

Sounds to me like you both might be better off in another job?

There’s a lot to be said for enjoying your job, I certainly don’t love window cleaning, but I do enjoy it. I very rarely wake up in the morning and dread/feel negative about work.

Have you thought about selling up, or just renting your round out and then doing something else?

Ggh

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2021, 07:11:58 pm »
It’s frightfully dull isn’t it.

If you’re catching the wrong fish, try different bait or a different pool.
Sounds like you just got unlucky though.
Did you interview?
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Stoots

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2021, 08:28:41 pm »

There’s a lot to be said for enjoying your job, I certainly don’t love window cleaning, but I do enjoy it. I very rarely wake up in the morning and dread/feel negative about work.

Have you thought about selling up, or just renting your round out and then doing something else?

For me i dont think its the job, the actual act of cleaning windows i actually like. I think i just suffer from depression, cant remember a job ive ever felt great about. I just moan and get on with it, the moneys too good to jack it in.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2021, 09:06:48 pm »
 8) Interesting read
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

jay moley

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2021, 09:48:54 pm »

windowswashed

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2021, 09:50:28 pm »

For me i dont think its the job, the actual act of cleaning windows i actually like. I think i just suffer from depression, cant remember a job ive ever felt great about. I just moan and get on with it, the moneys too good to jack it in.

Forget employing if it gets to you, pick your best jobs and cut your workload down and start appreciating other things in life apart from work. Work to support your life, not the other way around, no wonder you get depressed.

Smudger

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2021, 11:20:45 pm »
It's working on his own that's the problem, do keep up 😁
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2021, 11:24:38 pm »
I use indeed

Finding the right person is a bit of a dark art.
Being desperate and grabbing the first candidate that comes along will end in tears

I've had a few that had to been thrown back into the pond, some after a few days others after 3 months

On the flip side when it's right they stay for years

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

NWH

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2021, 11:50:20 pm »
You don’t want to be giving off that you are relying on having someone with you for company it won’t take long to work that out,if you come across like that when working with someone they’ll soon pick up on it and end up treating you like the employee.

robbo333

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2021, 10:41:30 am »
Do you know any other local window cleaners that you trust? They may be bored too.
So for instance...
Monday - you both work together on his work
Tuesday - you both work together on your work
Or if one of you has a big job on, you  both do it together.
Obviously this is just a concept that needs thinking about...but you get the idea.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

robbo333

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2021, 10:53:44 am »
Also:
I have two good friends who are both local window cleaners. They are both competition to me, but we each have our 'preferred' areas (eventhough we overlap) and we each have our own style of 'preferred' work, so we're a bit like the Three Musketeers!
Naturally, i'm the good looking one!!!
Anyway...
I usually phone them every day and talk 'crap' for an hour or so. I certainly don't feel alone when i'm on the phone chatting!
Chatting whilst working probably slows me down by 10 percent, but no more.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

jay moley

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2021, 10:57:59 am »
I use indeed

Being desperate and grabbing the first candidate that comes along will end in tears

I've had a few that had to been thrown back into the pond, some after a few days others after 3 months

Darran

What is your budget when running an indeed ad?

Thanks

simon w

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2021, 11:31:54 am »
I use indeed

Darran

What is your budget when running an indeed ad?

Thanks

I use £6.00 per day Don't forget Facebook for recruitment to and you can link all your ads up so links on facebook to indeed and vice versa

Smudger

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2021, 11:39:03 am »
£0

I don't see a need to pay fora job add

Darran

simon w

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2021, 11:42:28 am »
£0

I don't see a need to pay fora job add

Darran

Ad visibility disappears pretty quick on free ads on Indeed and in Bristol there is always a lot of competition to fill vacancies job seekers are a bit spoilt for choice here at the moment.