van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jay moley

My recent experience with employing
« on: August 06, 2021, 04:42:27 pm »
Been looking for someone for ages.

Bloke text me out of the blue so I gave him a trial. Really nice fella, really good laugh, did everything I asked of him, didn't complain. So I took him on.

Week one he blew me out on Tuesday saying his Dad has cancer and he had to go to the hospital. I took that as face value. He promised he wouldn't do it again blah blah blah. I decided to take it as truth. Id given him some branded clothing, he forgot it a couple of times saying he'd left it at his Dads.

Then this Tuesday he text me at 5am saying he's drunk, will be no good to me and I can sack him if I want. Obviously he was taking drugs too. You cant be up at 5am just drinking. Said he would call me. He hasn't called me since or replied to any of my messages or phone calls. I actually think he's blocked my number as WhatsApp messages aren't going through. Real shame as I got on with him well and really annoying as he has branded clothing of mine - 4 polos, one hoodie and shorts, baseball cap.

By coincidence another person text me so I tried him yesterday. Seems ok as a person, but let on that he doesn't stay at many jobs when there is no progression.

He said he'd had his own window cleaning business for 3 years but his technique on the pole wasn't great and he was very slow. His trad work was also pretty poor and took ages. This after saying he was really good as he's a bit OCD! I think he's lying about having his own window cleaning business. He was full of chat: im this, im, that, reliable, good worker etc etc.

Anyway I told him his earnings would be based on the amount of work done.  Got a text this morning saying he's only interested in a flat £100 a day. My targets are reasonable, he should achieve £100 - £120 a day.

Gut instinct is to leave it.

That said Ive found the job so much easier with company. You may recall I was very depressed with working on my own.

Thoughts?

Richard iSparkle

Re: My recent experience with employing
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 04:53:21 pm »
it sounds very frustrating mate. its really difficult when you line work up for an employee and they just quit and leave you with a problem like that.

i have had a lot of help off people on recruiting and employing over my 10 years. julie at concept 20, carrie at oddbods, and john to name the biggest help. i've been employing for 12 years now and have got better as i go

i have found great success recently by...

• getting a great job description and advertising a paid ad on indeed
    paying well (30% of our days jobs)
    ruthlessly ruling out people who dont send in a good job application
    ruling out people who live put of area
    interviewing properly
    work trialling people (unpaid in my case)

i think your success rate offering jobs to people who text you on the hop will be very hit and miss at best

recruiting and employee is just another skill you need to work at over time and improve at as you go. it doesnt take a genius, but you do need to see it as a skill in itself

R
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

simon w

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 05:03:03 pm »
I've been employing since 2004 and have had similar incidents many many times over never take it personally just move on and hire the next one.

Hiring in most industries at the moment is really hard, some of my best employees have been European economical migrants and so many of them have sadly now left the UK. I remember 10-15 years ago work shy Brits moaning that they were stealing all our jobs 🤔

Matt.

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 05:04:48 pm »
Don’t let a few loser disheartened u jay ….
I get it all the time with new staff and am constantly looking for extra guys, most who come only last a few hours and I just stop at a bus stop an tell them off they go.

When u think u av found someone good and they turn out to be crap it is a kick in the balls but tomora the sun will rise an it’s a new day so keep advertising and sooner or later u will find someone
I have done paid adverts I have done job centre adverts and it don’t matter we’re u advertise the majority of them are sausages and just eating ur time.
Go round to the lads house who has got ur uniform an knock on his door an tell him u want it back, be firm but fair an take no bull 💩 off them.
But these are the joys of employing people mate it’s a whole different department to just going out and doing ur work.

Good luck and keep looking, or start a young lad up on say £50 a day and train him up yourself

KS Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 05:08:01 pm »
IME for every good one there are about 10 duds. The secret is to get rid of the duds quickly.

simon w

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 05:32:07 pm »
If you still owe him wages keep hold of them until uniform returned in clean exceptable condition, no uniform no wages 😉

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 05:38:49 pm »
Have to say taking on anyone who texts is a no, no - however that's up to you,

We supply uniform, if they leave within 3 months or fail to return it in full then they are charged £80 and this comes out of any salary

Your second chap sound like Nigel... ;D - perhaps you need to get hot water so he can clean properly...

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

jay moley

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 06:22:08 pm »
it sounds very frustrating mate. its really difficult when you line work up for an employee and they just quit and leave you with a problem like that.

i have had a lot of help off people on recruiting and employing over my 10 years. julie at concept 20, carrie at oddbods, and john to name the biggest help. i've been employing for 12 years now and have got better as i go

i have found great success recently by...

• getting a great job description and advertising a paid ad on indeed
    paying well (30% of our days jobs)
    ruthlessly ruling out people who dont send in a good job application
    ruling out people who live put of area
    interviewing properly
    work trialling people (unpaid in my case)

i think your success rate offering jobs to people who text you on the hop will be very hit and miss at best

recruiting and employee is just another skill you need to work at over time and improve at as you go. it doesnt take a genius, but you do need to see it as a skill in itself

R

I got nowhere with indeed. My job description was short and to the point. Maybe it needs to be an essay!

jay moley

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 06:23:04 pm »
I get it all the time with new staff and am constantly looking for extra guys, most who come only last a few hours and I just stop at a bus stop an tell them off they go.

When u think u av found someone good and they turn out to be crap it is a kick in the balls but tomora the sun will rise an it’s a new day so keep advertising and sooner or later u will find someone
I have done paid adverts I have done job centre adverts and it don’t matter we’re u advertise the majority of them are sausages and just eating ur time.
Go round to the lads house who has got ur uniform an knock on his door an tell him u want it back, be firm but fair an take no bull 💩 off them.
But these are the joys of employing people mate it’s a whole different department to just going out and doing ur work.

Good luck and keep looking, or start a young lad up on say £50 a day and train him up yourself

Unfortunately I don't have his address otherwise I would have been straight round!

Lesson learned re not having an address or giving them clothing too soon.

jay moley

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2021, 06:23:34 pm »

We supply uniform, if they leave within 3 months or fail to return it in full then they are charged £80 and this comes out of any salary

Your second chap sound like Nigel... ;D - perhaps you need to get hot water so he can clean properly...

Darran

Why do you thinking trying someone that texts is a no no?

BTW I haven't paid him for Mondays work and won't unless he returns the clothes.

jay moley

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2021, 06:24:41 pm »
If you still owe him wages keep hold of them until uniform returned in clean exceptable condition, no uniform no wages 😉

Thats the plan but I don't think he'll even make contact.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2021, 06:24:52 pm »
99% of the time this is what you will get day in day out they either have a drink or substance problem it’s only window cleaning how hard can it be,we’ve worked hard for 3 days I think I was entitled to a day off the list goes on.
They’ve never earned 100 a day in their lives but insist that’s what they should be getting even though they’ve never held down a job for more than 6 months,forget any other criteria to begin with within reason the first thing they will have to show me is that they have bills 💵 that have to be paid and that they have the right morals as far as work ethic goes.
The outline of what you’ve described doesn’t surprise me in the slightest if it was the opposite I’d be more surprised tbh,window cleaning attracts all these types of people always has done.

jay moley

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2021, 06:25:31 pm »
I've been employing since 2004 and have had similar incidents many many times over never take it personally just move on and hire the next one.

Hiring in most industries at the moment is really hard, some of my best employees have been European economical migrants and so many of them have sadly now left the UK. I remember 10-15 years ago work shy Brits moaning that they were stealing all our jobs 🤔

Ive worked with Polish lads on building sites. They graft. Would love one with me on the windows.

Don Kee

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2021, 06:29:12 pm »
How did you employ without having their address?
I assume this is cash in hand then?

Slacky

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2021, 06:30:35 pm »

Darran

Why do you thinking trying someone that texts is a no no?

BTW I haven't paid him for Mondays work and won't unless he returns the clothes.

I agree with Smudger. It’s easy to lie texting. Pikeyish. Conversations with customers via text are a no-no too, unless it’s just the ‘leave your gate open tomorrow sweetheart’.

jay moley

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2021, 07:02:39 pm »

I was paying into his bank account. He'd only done 5 days so was going to make him PAYE after a few weeks.

Don Kee

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2021, 07:28:17 pm »

I was paying into his bank account. He'd only done 5 days so was going to make him PAYE after a few weeks.

In a way that isn’t meant to sound negative, might I suggest maybe adding a little “professionalism” will help you out with employing.

Post an ad for a job, ask for a CV and after an initial “trial” day (or whatever you personally do) don’t mess about, get them on payroll if you think/hope they’re going to work for you longer term etc etc…

The CV and stuff is obviously not needed to teach a guy to clean glass, it’s more of a case of it adds a level of professionalism off the bat.
It’ll shift out a few idiots that apply and makes it actually look like a “proper” job.

If you take it & yourself more seriously, so will they.

Splash & dash

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2021, 08:13:04 pm »

Unfortunately I don't have his address otherwise I would have been straight round!

How can you be employing someone without Evan having an address for them ??

jay moley

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2021, 08:17:00 pm »

How can you be employing someone without Evan having an address for them ??

I hadn't taken him PAYE yet. Id only worked with him for a few days. Im new to employing and was desperate. Lesson learned.

jay moley

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2021, 08:18:13 pm »

In a way that isn’t meant to sound negative, may I suggest maybe adding a little “professionalism” will help you out with employing.

Post an add for a job, ask for a CV and after an initial “trial” day (or whatever you personally do) don’t mess about, get them on payroll if you think/hope they’re going to work for you longer term etc etc…

The CV and stuff is obviously not needed to teach a guy to clean glass, it’s more of a case of it adds a level of professionalism off the bat.
It’ll shift out a few idiots that may apply, and makes it actually look like a “proper” job.

If you take it & yourself more seriously, so will they.

I tried asking for a CV and cover note/letter on Indeed and got only rubbish applicants. The CV's were shocking, barely legible in some cases.

I was so desperate when these two came along I just grabbed it with both hands.

Will go back to asking for a CV from now on.

NWH

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2021, 08:22:06 pm »

A few weeks do you not think that’s a bit premature you won’t have a proper clue in a few weeks what he’s like as a person,once you’ve employed him unless he does something drastic it’s not a case of just saying I don’t want you anymore and you won’t get anyone half decent on a 10 hour contract.

jay moley

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2021, 08:37:43 pm »

A few weeks do you not think that’s a bit premature you won’t have a proper clue in a few weeks what he’s like as a person,once you’ve employed him unless he does something drastic it’s not a case of just saying I don’t want you anymore and you won’t get anyone half decent on a 10 hour contract.

Well, yeah hence why he wasn't PAYE.

Stoots

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2021, 08:54:58 pm »
I feel your pain, ive been back and forth with employing for about 3 years.

Had half a dozen lads, your story is familiar and lots more to boot  :D

I want to employ, then i want to be on my own, i go back and forth and cant decide. I get depressed working on my own but cant cope with the stress of employing.

I think you have to make your mind up that you want to employ and you are going to make it work no matter what, like you dont care how many guys you have to go through you just keep going till you find the right one...and you will, eventually.

If you are half commited like me, its easy to just give in at the first sign of trouble.

Granny

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2021, 08:59:34 pm »
Sounds like a proper nightmare.
Much happier earning my own crust no one else to bother about.
Why do you put yourself through all this C**p?

jay moley

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2021, 09:26:31 pm »

I want to employ, then i want to be on my own, i go back and forth and cant decide. I get depressed working on my own but cant cope with the stress of employing.

I think you have to make your mind up that you want to employ and you are going to make it work no matter what, like you dont care how many guys you have to go through you just keep going till you find the right one...and you will, eventually.

If you are half commited like me, its easy to just give in at the first sign of trouble.

Working on my own isn't an option anymore, I hate it. Get proper depressed. Plus I have found the job easier when people work together to set up and pack away.

Will keep going until I find a good one.

jay moley

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2021, 09:26:49 pm »

I don't like working on my own anymore.

Smudger

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2021, 10:50:36 pm »
You need to be more structured - set out what you want - interview them properly - choose a location if you don't want to do it at home like a cafe - always get a cv ( how can you question them if you don't have some paperwork to look through ) see how they dress ( does not need to be a suit - smart casual ) do they ask you questions, are they interested in what you have to say ? - did they turn up on time ?

Taking on an employee is THE biggest step in your biz - make it count, take your time and choose correctly

Ultimately the wrong person could steal from you, ruin your reputation etc....  DONT SKIMP!
Take your time, also you need to be a manager, be professional, no swearing, no losing your temper, no bitching be constructive - expect most people not to be as dedicated as you are, they need rules and regs for everything....

Now put yourself in their shoes - your offering very little security, a bit of cash in hand/ minimum hours or wages and not much else ( I certainly wouldn't be enthusiastic to work for you ) an employee is a prized asset - treat them as such

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Dry Clean

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2021, 08:04:12 am »

Why not try taking on a partner, this could either be another shiner with a similar round who feels the same as you or somebody with a bit of redundancy money to invest in a business like yours.
Window cleaning is ok when self employed your own boss but I couldn't think of anything worse than doing it as an employee.

zesty

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2021, 08:57:26 am »

Can’t you just pick the best work and do a very profitable 4 day week?

That’s where I’m at, I’m only on the glass 5 hours a day now.

I do need to think about employing, but for now, this is the best wirk life balance untill I take the step to employ.

jay moley

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2021, 09:29:22 am »
You need to be more structured - set out what you want - interview them properly - choose a location if you don't want to do it at home like a cafe - always get a cv ( how can you question them if you don't have some paperwork to look through ) see how they dress ( does not need to be a suit - smart casual ) do they ask you questions, are they interested in what you have to say ? - did they turn up on time ?

Taking on an employee is THE biggest step in your biz - make it count, take your time and choose correctly

Ultimately the wrong person could steal from you, ruin your reputation etc....  DONT SKIMP!
Take your time, also you need to be a manager, be professional, no swearing, no losing your temper, no bitching be constructive - expect most people not to be as dedicated as you are, they need rules and regs for everything....

Now put yourself in their shoes - your offering very little security, a bit of cash in hand/ minimum hours or wages and not much else ( I certainly wouldn't be enthusiastic to work for you ) an employee is a prized asset - treat them as such

Darran

I agree except the last bit, I wasn't offering just cash in hand or a few hours here and there or bad money. I was offering 4 days a week full time and they would be PAYE after a couple of weeks.

Problem I have is that im desperate, I cant bare working alone.

jay moley

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2021, 09:30:56 am »

Can’t you just pick the best work and do a very profitable 4 day week?

That’s where I’m at, I’m only on the glass 5 hours a day now.

I do need to think about employing, but for now, this is the best wirk life balance untill I take the step to employ.

Im doing 4 days a week maybe  6 to 7 hours a day. Hate it.

windowswashed

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2021, 09:39:45 am »
Why do this job if you hate it, life is too short to be doing something you hate.

Disliking a job is tolerable for paying bills and supporting a family but long term hating a job is a clear to sign to look elsewhere to save your mental health.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2021, 09:51:27 am »
Tricky.

If you hate it they will pick up on that

You’ve looking for quick fixes.

Like smudger says.

If you want to employ it starts with a good plan. Right from the job advert onwards

If you hate the work that’s gonna make it difficult

Saying that good employees are amazing

I went on holiday last month for a week. While I was away my business grew by £300 a month, my employees turned over more than £5000

There are the benefits
iSparkle Window Cleaning

jay moley

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2021, 10:46:43 am »
Why do this job if you hate it, life is too short to be doing something you hate.

Disliking a job is tolerable for paying bills and supporting a family but long term hating a job is a clear to sign to look elsewhere to save your mental health.

My only previous experience is non sales which I don't want to go back to.

Ive found working with someone else so much better. Stress/depression cut down significantly. So just want to get someone rather than jack it in completely.

jay moley

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2021, 10:47:24 am »
Tricky.

If you hate it they will pick up on that

You’ve looking for quick fixes.

Like smudger says.

If you want to employ it starts with a good plan. Right from the job advert onwards

If you hate the work that’s gonna make it difficult

Saying that good employees are amazing

I went on holiday last month for a week. While I was away my business grew by £300 a month, my employees turned over more than £5000

There are the benefits

I don't hate it when I work with someone. Completely changes it for me.

jay moley

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2021, 10:52:14 am »
Little update:

The first bloke text me last night saying how sorry he was. That he had a massive fight with the mother of his child and go really drunk. Then the best bit: Since Tuesday he hasn't had any battery on his phone as he left it at his Mum's and was only able to borrow £10 to buy a charger! He reckons he will return the clothes tho. its laughable.

Second bloke had a bad attitude when I asked for a CV this morning (as was recommended on here), said he shouldn't need to produce one for £100 a day job. So I said forget it. Then he sent it, but I'd made up my mind by then. He then lost it (this is via txt) said he was the best thing since sliced bread, that he's proved him self to earn a basic £100 a day wage, its my loss and that I rip off my customers by cutting corners (ive only lost two customers this year that weren't happy) and finished off by calling me a mug.

Great fun isn't it.

NWH

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2021, 11:08:09 am »
Just another day at the window cleaning employment office m8 I’ve read nothing I didn’t already know on this thread,if you find a good worker that comes in on a regular basis picks it up relatively quickly and basically is a normal person you’ve been very very lucky,if you find this person then you’d be a fool not to look after them.
It takes a few hours to find out what you will be in for with someone not days or weeks,it’s not building the business that’s the hard part with this job the people that exist in other parts of the work industry don’t exist in window cleaning,most people don’t look at the job they look at you being care free and having spare time what they fail to realise is that it’s you’re business not theirs so they are expected to work set hours once that hits home they are off m8.

NWH

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2021, 11:13:48 am »
Imagine buying  a new van and kitting it out ready for one of these idiots to go to work in you’d never recoup your investment,if someone doesn’t look like they can earn you at least 75% on top of what you pay them they aren’t worth bothering with someone said to me once you need to go really big or stay small anything in between you will be in for less money and way more hassle,he was correct.

Slacky

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2021, 11:23:20 am »
Little update:

The first bloke text me last night saying how sorry he was. That he had a massive fight with the mother of his child and go really drunk. Then the best bit: Since Tuesday he hasn't had any battery on his phone as he left it at his Mum's and was only able to borrow £10 to buy a charger! He reckons he will return the clothes tho. its laughable.

Second bloke had a bad attitude when I asked for a CV this morning (as was recommended on here), said he shouldn't need to produce one for £100 a day job. So I said forget it. Then he sent it, but I'd made up my mind by then. He then lost it (this is via txt) said he was the best thing since sliced bread, that he's proved him self to earn a basic £100 a day wage, its my loss and that I rip off my customers by cutting corners (ive only lost two customers this year that weren't happy) and finished off by calling me a mug.

Great fun isn't it.

I would've felt tempted to respond with 'I will take your text responses as being your submitted C.V., please note that on this occasion you have not satisfied the required criteria to secure the vacancy, good luck in the future'.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2021, 11:38:36 am »
Jay, have you tried any distraction tricks while working? Listening to books or learning a language?
It's a game of three halves!

jay moley

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2021, 12:00:36 pm »
Jay, have you tried any distraction tricks while working? Listening to books or learning a language?

I have Spotify and Audible. Doesn't really help to be honest.

Just need to keep looking for someone.

jay moley

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2021, 01:04:34 pm »
Smudger

How do you find people to employ?

Thanks

Ascjim

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2021, 02:28:48 pm »
Time to find a therapist.

tom20001

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2021, 02:29:25 pm »

Ive got to commend anybody who could learn a language while cleaning windows . I've a hard enough time making sure no drips, no dog poo on hoses, staying on time for next job, answering phone on busy day, small talk with custy and getting paid off custy nevermind Ich Bin Heinrich 👀😂

Stoots

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2021, 05:50:03 pm »

I'm the same tbh, besides the odd day I really don't like the job anymore.

I prefer working 2 man, but the caveat is you need to find someone you get on with.

Don't really make any more money 2 man but if it saves you from topping yourself it's got to be worth it.

zesty

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2021, 06:01:35 pm »

I prefer working 2 man, but the caveat is you need to find someone you get on with.

Don't really make any more money 2 man but if it saves you from topping yourself it's got to be worth it.

Sounds to me like you both might be better off in another job?

There’s a lot to be said for enjoying your job, I certainly don’t love window cleaning, but I do enjoy it. I very rarely wake up in the morning and dread/feel negative about work.

Have you thought about selling up, or just renting your round out and then doing something else?

Ggh

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2021, 07:11:58 pm »
It’s frightfully dull isn’t it.

If you’re catching the wrong fish, try different bait or a different pool.
Sounds like you just got unlucky though.
Did you interview?
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Stoots

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2021, 08:28:41 pm »

There’s a lot to be said for enjoying your job, I certainly don’t love window cleaning, but I do enjoy it. I very rarely wake up in the morning and dread/feel negative about work.

Have you thought about selling up, or just renting your round out and then doing something else?

For me i dont think its the job, the actual act of cleaning windows i actually like. I think i just suffer from depression, cant remember a job ive ever felt great about. I just moan and get on with it, the moneys too good to jack it in.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2021, 09:06:48 pm »
 8) Interesting read
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

jay moley

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2021, 09:48:54 pm »

windowswashed

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2021, 09:50:28 pm »

For me i dont think its the job, the actual act of cleaning windows i actually like. I think i just suffer from depression, cant remember a job ive ever felt great about. I just moan and get on with it, the moneys too good to jack it in.

Forget employing if it gets to you, pick your best jobs and cut your workload down and start appreciating other things in life apart from work. Work to support your life, not the other way around, no wonder you get depressed.

Smudger

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2021, 11:20:45 pm »
It's working on his own that's the problem, do keep up 😁

Smudger

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2021, 11:24:38 pm »
I use indeed

Finding the right person is a bit of a dark art.
Being desperate and grabbing the first candidate that comes along will end in tears

I've had a few that had to been thrown back into the pond, some after a few days others after 3 months

On the flip side when it's right they stay for years

Darran

NWH

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2021, 11:50:20 pm »
You don’t want to be giving off that you are relying on having someone with you for company it won’t take long to work that out,if you come across like that when working with someone they’ll soon pick up on it and end up treating you like the employee.

robbo333

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2021, 10:41:30 am »
Do you know any other local window cleaners that you trust? They may be bored too.
So for instance...
Monday - you both work together on his work
Tuesday - you both work together on your work
Or if one of you has a big job on, you  both do it together.
Obviously this is just a concept that needs thinking about...but you get the idea.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

robbo333

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2021, 10:53:44 am »
Also:
I have two good friends who are both local window cleaners. They are both competition to me, but we each have our 'preferred' areas (eventhough we overlap) and we each have our own style of 'preferred' work, so we're a bit like the Three Musketeers!
Naturally, i'm the good looking one!!!
Anyway...
I usually phone them every day and talk 'crap' for an hour or so. I certainly don't feel alone when i'm on the phone chatting!
Chatting whilst working probably slows me down by 10 percent, but no more.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

jay moley

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2021, 10:57:59 am »
I use indeed

Being desperate and grabbing the first candidate that comes along will end in tears

I've had a few that had to been thrown back into the pond, some after a few days others after 3 months

Darran

What is your budget when running an indeed ad?

Thanks

simon w

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2021, 11:31:54 am »
I use indeed

Darran

What is your budget when running an indeed ad?

Thanks

I use £6.00 per day Don't forget Facebook for recruitment to and you can link all your ads up so links on facebook to indeed and vice versa

Smudger

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2021, 11:39:03 am »
£0

I don't see a need to pay fora job add

Darran

simon w

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2021, 11:42:28 am »
£0

I don't see a need to pay fora job add

Darran

Ad visibility disappears pretty quick on free ads on Indeed and in Bristol there is always a lot of competition to fill vacancies job seekers are a bit spoilt for choice here at the moment.

jay moley

« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2021, 12:49:13 pm »
Would anyone be able to put up a job description I could play around with?

Or email it to me: info@lionsoflondon.co.uk

I think mine might be too short.

simon w

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2021, 01:31:47 pm »

Maybe show us what you've got and we could give some advice on what needs to be added or removed

johnny bravo

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2021, 02:04:47 pm »
offer 2 days a week  , see how they are working .  if they want to do this work  after 4 weeks you will know  if they are worth keeping on .      i have had  new customers  from previous window cleaning companies not cleaning to a high standard that i clean .       some will end up not cleaning certain windows like side or bathroom windows . thinking they are getting away with it.
not knowing neighbours are watching ready to grass you up .       these customers are your cash cows .    id love to be able to  have someone working  with me  who i can leave to  leave a finish to the same as my level .  Some will cut corners  if they have   worked before as a window cleaner ,Cleaning to how they do it .  May not be to your standard .       
I think after 2 full days you will know if you want to keep them       Trial period      Some wont like being told they are crap at it     

NWH

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2021, 02:48:41 pm »
Some people have used the pole for years and they haven’t got a clue it all depends on what type of jobs they  are doing,if they are cheap small jobs they may have been just getting away with it for as
Long as they’ve been doing it until they are told.

Dry Clean

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2021, 03:47:41 pm »
Some people have used the pole for years and they haven’t got a clue it all depends on what type of jobs they  are doing,if they are cheap small jobs they may have been just getting away with it for as

After your recent post on not being able to clean with cold I found this funny. ;D

Mike Burd

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2021, 04:10:20 pm »
I had a period of about 5 years with virtually zero turnover. Then this year I hired and lost 4. One was stealing, one turned out to be a gambling addict and one has just been convicted of child pornography. All except one was sacked.

But it was in the period where I’d eased the reins and let someone else run day to day. Since then I’ve recruited three. Two seem good two months in and one left after two weeks. His replacement starts next week.

The key thing is a proper sit down interview questioning closely claimed work experience. We have used indeed for about two years.

But staff can be stressful like any aspect of running a business.

Stoots

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2021, 04:23:30 pm »
I had a period of about 5 years with virtually zero turnover. Then this year I hired and lost 4. One was stealing, one turned out to be a gambling addict and one has just been convicted of child pornography. All except one was sacked.

But it was in the period where I’d eased the reins and let someone else run day to day. Since then I’ve recruited three. Two seem good two months in and one left after two weeks. His replacement starts next week.

The key thing is a proper sit down interview questioning closely claimed work experience. We have used indeed for about two years.

But staff can be stressful like any aspect of running a business.

Zero turnover sounds like a bad 5 years  :D

NWH

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2021, 05:18:40 pm »
What so he eased the reins and let someone hire 4-5 people did he or did those 5 people already work for him then he eased the reins ? Lol,people that apply for jobs window cleaning Gambling addicts and people with substance and alcohol welcome to the world of employment and window cleaning that should be 🤣.
This is nothing but old news to me I’m just waiting to hear I thought this was a job where I picked the hours so I could pick the kids up at 1 ish take a KFC or Maccy Dees home to the wife that’s on the sofa lol,honestly m8 these people are taking the great of Britain 🇬🇧 and want ironing out,this is the reality of people that you’ll get trying to work for you people talk about kissing a few frogs more like just putting up with the least ugly frog more like imo 🤣🤣🤣

NWH

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2021, 05:23:46 pm »
Stay small get the cream of cream work stay hassle free and earn the same as someone that takes the train to Threadneedle Street on a daily basis,999 out of a 1000 you won’t find any half sensible person that wants to get out of bed and earn you more money don’t listen to the rubbish some people spout about getting people to work for you m8 trust me you’ll end up more depressed.

jay moley

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2021, 05:38:42 pm »

Maybe show us what you've got and we could give some advice on what needs to be added or removed

This is what I put out. Im sure the big boys will think its a load of rubbish but maybe remember what you were like when you were inexperienced. Target earnings would be £100-£120 a day.  Would be PAYE.

Here it is:

We are looking for a full time window cleaner. We are a small family run business that cleans residential properties in Worcester Park and the surrounding areas.

No experience required as full training will be provided.

You must have a full UK driving licence as driving is part of there job.

You will need to be hardworking, punctual, self motivated, diligent and have good customer service skills.

You will be guaranteed a daily wage of £72 (£9 per hour) a day but can earn more each day based on your performance. Details will be explained if your application is responded to.

If you are interested please send us your CV and a brief covering letter.

Job Types: Full-time, Permanent

G Griffin

« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2021, 05:57:43 pm »

This is what I put out. Im sure the big boys will think its a load of rubbish but maybe remember what you were like when you were inexperienced. Target earnings would be £100-£120 a day.  Would be PAYE.

Here it is:

We are looking for a full time window cleaner. We are a small family run business that cleans residential properties in Worcester Park and the surrounding areas.

No experience required as full training will be provided.

You must have a full UK driving licence as driving is part of there job.

You will need to be hardworking, punctual, self motivated, diligent and have good customer service skills.

You will be guaranteed a daily wage of £72 (£9 per hour) a day but can earn more each day based on your performance. Details will be explained if your application is responded to.

If you are interested please send us your CV and a brief covering letter.

Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
The.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Smudger

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2021, 06:23:22 pm »
offer 2 days a week  , see how they are working .  if they want to do this work  after 4 weeks you will know  if they are worth keeping on .      i have had  new customers  from previous window cleaning companies not cleaning to a high standard that i clean .       some will end up not cleaning certain windows like side or bathroom windows . thinking they are getting away with it.
not knowing neighbours are watching ready to grass you up .       these customers are your cash cows .    id love to be able to  have someone working  with me  who i can leave to  leave a finish to the same as my level .  Some will cut corners  if they have   worked before as a window cleaner ,Cleaning to how they do it .  May not be to your standard .       
I think after 2 full days you will know if you want to keep them       Trial period      Some wont like being told they are crap at it   

What sort of dedicated person are you going to get for 2 days a week - really try thinking from the employees point of view - if you rent/mortgage + kids your not going to risk it on 2 days a week, or some 1 week silly trial - some of seem scared to offer a decent package.

Simon- yes I understand Bristol is more than likely 15x the area I work in

Darran

NWH

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2021, 06:25:17 pm »
Believe it or not the above type as I describe although they don’t have a pot to P**s in will think I’m not working for that and they will be thinking lol,you’d be better off looking around for someone that knows a hardworking person that needs a chance.
In my experience an advert for a window cleaner attracts the dross of society that think it’s money for very little work about 5 hours a day,like I’ve said don’t think an advert is always the way to go people that have had success this way have been very lucky.

Slacky

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2021, 06:25:36 pm »

After your recent post on not being able to clean with cold I found this funny. ;D

Exactly. Some can’t clean a piece of glass with cold water. Imagine that!

Smudger

« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2021, 06:27:02 pm »

Exactly. Some can’t clean a piece of glass with cold water. Imagine that!

;D

NWH

« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2021, 06:32:59 pm »
Depression and window cleaning comes with employing most of the time,you choose the hours you work you choose how much you want to charge.
If you are feeling depressed I wouldn’t say employing is the way to go at this time,people I’ve had in the past have ended  up trying to make their problems mine is that what you want at the moment.
If truth be told the so called big employers on here have had nothing but ball ache and it’ll mostly be from people that work for them,the actual window cleaning side is the simple bit you are replicating 1 route of work in the same or another area x1x2x3 and so on.

Smudger

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2021, 06:33:44 pm »
Jay - that's not an overly bad advert - a bit confusing maybe

Full time - so what is full time? ( 30 hrs, 35 hrs, 48 hrs )

£9 an hour is minimum wage - how does that compare generally in your area ( here 60% of jobs are not only minimum wage but also seasonal - but I still offer over minimum )

Also it looks like your stuck on £9 p/h - I would change it to -initially £9 p/h while training ( 1 month ) with OTE rising to £10.50 (or whatever)

Darran

NWH

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2021, 06:38:18 pm »
Forget the money side of it if you get the wrong type of people it won’t matter what you pay them,most window cleaners I know that work for people have only stopped swinging in the trees in the last year 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stoots

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2021, 06:38:31 pm »
This is a great video about employees and creating a company they want to work for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d1BBA-DhbY

NWH

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2021, 06:47:22 pm »
Yeah but building the business with employees is the depressing bit and at this moment he’s feeling depressed so is employing a good move,I wouldn’t be advising someone that’s depressed to be voluntarily taking on more hassle would you.

Smudger

« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2021, 07:36:03 pm »
Only for you Nigel - it's not depressing at all

Darran

NWH

« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2021, 09:01:10 pm »
Makes me laugh the way out of depression is to employ some numb nut 🥜 to make you even more depressed lol,if you are feeling like this now employing some fool to make your life more all over the place won’t help trust me.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2021, 09:03:07 pm »
Employing is great

learn from your mistakes

You’ve just got to do it right

Tip though. If you want to employ successfully, listen to the people who are doing it successfully.

Don’t listen to the people who say it can’t be done or its too much bother etc etc

iSparkle Window Cleaning

NWH

« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2021, 09:03:26 pm »
Become a window cleaning employer and you get to be a marriage guidance councillor money lender and a life long member of the Samaritans 🤣🤣.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2021, 09:04:26 pm »
I don’t lend money to anybody. Never have and never will
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Slacky

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2021, 09:17:53 pm »
Makes me laugh the way out of depression is to employ some numb nut 🥜 to make you even more depressed lol,if you are feeling like this now employing some fool to make your life more all over the place won’t help trust me.

I’m beginning to wonder you might get feeling sad/angry/ped off/dejected mixed up with depression.

Clinical depression can be improved by having something to do; a challenge, a days work ahead of you, something to manage, motivate and encourage. Something to get out of bed for.

You come across as the type of numb nuts potential employers would need to avoid. A pain in the arse know it all.

CleanClear

« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2021, 09:26:20 pm »

You come across as the type of numb nuts potential employers would need to avoid. A pain in the arse know it all.

Yes, that advice will help him i'm sure he'll snap out of it.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

jay moley

« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2021, 09:44:00 pm »
Im not clinically depressed. Im just really down with doing the job on my own.

Being out with the first guy really changed it all for me. I was happy again. Everything became easier, I need to work with someone else. Was a real shame he proved to be unreliable as he was good for the few days he worked.

Just showed me that I need someone with me. Ive learnt from the recent experiences and won't give up until I find the right person.

Not saying that employing won't come with its agg but I need to do it.

Slacky

« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2021, 10:06:13 pm »

Yes, that advice will help him i'm sure he'll snap out of it.

Really? Can’t see that happening.

NWH

« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2021, 10:10:00 pm »
I’m non of those Slacky I see it for what it is m8 no rose tinted glasses in my house people still see window cleaning as they did 20 years ago a stop gap job,especially if they are working for someone.
To expand in this job it looks simple just replicate what you already do X times what many fail to realise is you won’t find many people that will constantly go out and work to earn you over half what they take each day,to succeed you need people that have little ambition work as if they work for thereselves but earn a 1/3rd of the money for it and want to do this for years and years.
It’s a bit like saying I’ve just seen Lord Lucan riding Shergar down the road shouting I’m not dead,it’s not gonna happen.

NWH

« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2021, 10:13:36 pm »
Be a window cleaner and avoid depression I will give you my advise,have something you can put you’re energy into outside of work ie another interest of course the job will bore you it’s repetitive.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2021, 11:37:22 pm »
I’m non of those Slacky I see it for what it is m8 no rose tinted glasses in my house people still see window cleaning as they did 20 years ago a stop gap job,especially if they are working for someone.
To expand in this job it looks simple just replicate what you already do X times what many fail to realise is you won’t find many people that will constantly go out and work to earn you over half what they take each day,to succeed you need people that have little ambition work as if they work for thereselves but earn a 1/3rd of the money for it and want to do this for years and years.
It’s a bit like saying I’ve just seen Lord Lucan riding Shergar down the road shouting I’m not dead,it’s not gonna happen.

So what you mean is YOU haven’t been able to work out how to run YOUR business successfully with staff

No shame in that

Others however,  including myself can and have
iSparkle Window Cleaning

NWH

« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2021, 11:50:18 pm »
Yeah well you keep going Richard you obviously know what your doing.

dazmond

« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2021, 07:34:56 pm »
best to take advice from the ones that successfully employ....maybe phone up and have a good chat with Darran or Simon....it could do you the world of good jay....

personally i cant think of anything worse than employing...i always hated it and most of the grief/problems ive ever had in window cleaning has come through the idiots i had working with me....

im much happier working on my own...in fact i love it!
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2021, 08:06:16 pm »
Have to agree with Daz whenever I’ve had grief and work it’s been the same not saying it doesn’t work of course it can and does,to think someone working for you is the answer to all your problems is foolhardy it can be the beginning.

Dry Clean

« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2021, 08:44:18 pm »

So what you mean is YOU haven’t been able to work out how to run YOUR business successfully with staff

No shame in that

Others however,  including myself can and have

Working out how to clean a window with cold water should be his first priority, dealing with staff can come later. ;D

Smudger

« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2021, 09:11:33 pm »
Have to agree with Daz whenever I’ve had grief and work it’s been the same not saying it doesn’t work of course it can and does,to think someone working for you is the answer to all your problems is foolhardy it can be the beginning.

If you took an honest hard look you will see that you have grief, the difference is you get on and deal with it, whether that's breaking a window, accident being ill, customer complaint - when it's staff you are dealing with some one else's cr@p - embrace it or resent it

Former images you one man band the latter an employer   - just be want makes you the happier

Darran

Bungle

« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2021, 09:35:20 pm »
I see NWH is replying a lot but I can't see what he's saying thankfully. Still on ignore 😃
We look at them, they look through them.

Splash & dash

« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2021, 10:44:37 pm »
I see NWH is replying a lot but I can't see what he's saying thankfully. Still on ignore 😃

Lol you know you want to read his reply's really 😂😂😂😂😂 go on unblock him 😂😂😂😂😂😂

NWH

« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2021, 11:39:57 pm »
Yeah he knows he wants to don’t worry 😉

NWH

« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2021, 11:40:27 pm »
And when he responds I’m the winner again 🤣

Granny

« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2021, 08:58:11 am »
Got to laugh ;D
The amount of slagging NWH gets yet he's on everyone's ignore list!

Slacky

« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2021, 09:31:29 am »
And when he responds I’m the winner again 🤣

Is it about winning?

NWH

« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2021, 10:00:20 am »
I don’t mind I have my opinion and I’ll stick to it with employing and hot water especially. 👍

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2021, 11:41:24 am »
I don’t mind I have my opinion and I’ll stick to it with employing and hot water especially. 👍

You’ll stick to it regardless of any amount of evidence that it’s wrong

And that’s what makes you a winner  ::)roll
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Bungle

« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2021, 01:20:13 pm »

Lol you know you want to read his reply's really 😂😂😂😂😂 go on unblock him 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I don't feel the urge to. Best thing I ever did 👍
We look at them, they look through them.

deeege

« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2021, 01:34:28 pm »
Having NWH on ignore makes the forum barely readable again.

The few posts of his that get quoted and therefore I do see just continues to show that he’s opinionated and talks absolute bollox consistently.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2021, 02:32:04 pm »

The few posts of his that get quoted and therefore I do see just continues to show that he’s opinionated and talks absolute bollox consistently.

NWH must be thick skinned as the majority  of the stuff he puts on here is total rubbish and he is always slagging others off, I really don't know why he bothers, it's obvious to me that he is very unpopular on here.

Smudger

« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2021, 02:51:52 pm »
Because he thinks he is winding every one up...

In reality you can see he himself gets wound up

Just a sign he has no life outside his vw and window cleaning - even more so since COVID

Darran

Slacky

« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2021, 03:34:31 pm »
Just a kiddie isn’t he? Needing attention.

NWH

« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2021, 09:02:06 pm »
I’ve got no life outside my  old VW and my new Audi yeah you’re bang on.

NWH

« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2021, 09:07:06 pm »

NWH must be thick skinned as the majority  of the stuff he puts on here is total rubbish and he is always slagging others off, I really don't know why he bothers, it's obvious to me that he is very unpopular on here.

It’s obvious I’m unpopular on here 🤣🤣 blimey no flies 🪰 on you pal.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2021, 03:54:43 pm »

It’s obvious I’m unpopular on here 🤣🤣 blimey no flies 🪰 on you pal.

that's right buddy, no flies on me.
You just can't help digging a bigger hole for yourself and making yourself look like a big KN*B

NWH

« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2021, 03:56:11 pm »
Funny in it get under people’s skin 🤣🤣 just block me Jay

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2021, 05:17:07 pm »
Funny in it get under people’s skin 🤣🤣 just block me Jay

if I were to block you buddy there would be no one on here to see your comments as most members have already blocked you,
be happy in the fact that there is one person on this forum that has no blocked you and will continue to witness the comments of a moron.

If I may can I suggest that perhaps you may need a good women in your life, or perhaps a man if you are that way inclined

NWH

« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2021, 05:40:19 pm »
How about both

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2021, 06:08:18 pm »
How about both

now why does that not surprise me? lol

NWH

« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2021, 07:35:22 pm »
It doesn’t just have to be a Sunday fir me to be up for a spit roast Jay 🤣

AuRavelling79

« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2021, 08:37:24 pm »
It doesn’t just have to be a Sunday fir me to be up for a spit roast Jay 🤣

One and only warning NWH.

NWH

« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2021, 10:11:12 pm »
Yeah but people can jumble words up and to make the rudest words possible eh.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2021, 07:17:11 am »
Yeah but people can jumble words up and to make the rudest words possible eh.

No they can't. As you well know - if such is reported it gets dealt with.

NWH

« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2021, 08:05:40 am »
It’s been reported m8

Mark Dee

« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2021, 09:52:42 am »

You can change that, but it may not happen overnight. It sounds as though you dont want to employ to grow your business rather to improve your working day (which is fine, hating what you do wont end well). I employ and I have had some bad ones  its part of the process. You learn as you go along  from experience, dont beat yourself up over whats happened. A decent fella with no experience but a willingness to learn is a better bet than an experienced idiot,  You arent employing a new mate, its a different relationship built on mutual respect, which both parties need to earn through deeds not words (but unless you already have a few staff) it starts with more words, but remember to deliver on what you promise.

Set out a plan for employing and give yourself a sensible ammount of time to get there, Just make sure you arent taking a silly hit on your numbers to do so, otherwise you may end up with a more serious problem than sole working. Working as you are now knowing that its only  temporary will hopefully make the short term problem easier.

Good luck, and take care of yourself, you will get there it just takes time.

NWH

« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2021, 10:22:51 am »
What a sensible post Mark you sound like a nice guy,bit like me really 😉

AuRavelling79

« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2021, 12:29:57 pm »
It’s been reported m8

You really don't read do you? You reported it and it was dealt with.  ::)roll

NWH

« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2021, 12:37:23 pm »
Ok well I thought I would have been messaged and told that was all didn’t expect to have to read back through the whole thing.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2021, 12:52:29 pm »
Ok well I thought I would have been messaged and told that was all didn’t expect to have to read back through the whole thing.

The forum doesn't work like that. You report. Mods decides whether the report is valid; Mod takes action or not. There is no facility to report back other than posting on here.

Smudger

« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2021, 12:55:57 pm »

ahh, Nigel wanted to be praised and rewarded for being a Nark  ;D

were you going to print out your notification and pin up by your bed ?

Darran

NWH

« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2021, 03:05:40 pm »
I said far worse and got banned so someone else can have some

Slacky

« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2021, 03:24:19 pm »
You admit you said far worse and rightly got banned, but think someone who errs but in not such a grievous manner should also get banned?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2021, 03:24:35 pm »

You don't even read your own posts. If you said far worse and got banned then what are you complaining about?

deeege

« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2021, 04:27:11 pm »

You don't even read your own posts. If you said far worse and got banned then what are you complaining about?

😂😂😂 what an idiot you are Nigel.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

NWH

« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2021, 06:04:13 pm »
What I meant to say was I’ve said far less and got banned lol you lot really like bullying 🤣🤣 jump on the first mistake I made,I don’t make many I’ll give you that one.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2021, 06:46:34 pm »
What I meant to say was I’ve said far less and got banned lol you lot really like bullying 🤣🤣 jump on the first mistake I made,I don’t make many I’ll give you that one.

Don't confuse bullying for calling you out for your persistent nonsense. Don't confuse your umpteenth mistake for your first one.

NWH

« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2021, 08:12:24 pm »
I can’t take it m8 trust me

AuRavelling79

« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2021, 09:15:37 pm »
I can’t take it m8 trust me

Then maybe choose to take a break from forum if you can't take it?

NWH

« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2021, 09:33:03 pm »
Predictive text I can really.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2021, 10:10:12 pm »

You're all over the place. Clogging up the forum. You're having a break.

Don Kee

« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2021, 07:16:23 am »

You're all over the place. Clogging up the forum. You're having a break.

NWH is the worlds biggest muppet but he’s been banned just for posting a lot and irritating you?
Seems harsh…

Smudger

« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2021, 11:43:18 am »

A prize plum indeed

Pete Thompson

« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2021, 01:09:24 pm »
I’m just amazed any of you guys are even bothering to respond to him.

Smudger

« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2021, 01:11:06 pm »
Well, it’s amusing to see how stooopid he is while thinking he’s clever

Darran

Frankybadboy

« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2021, 07:59:07 pm »
really is the total idiot allowed to single handed ruin a forum. i dont use it much now cause fed up with see the idiot post on everything and knows nothing  :o

Amazin

« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2021, 07:33:35 am »
really is the total idiot allowed to single handed ruin a forum. i dont use it much now cause fed up with see the idiot post on everything and knows nothing  :o

Negative idiots and posts will defer the good members from posting and cause them to leave. The ones that people are looking for when they're searching for answers.

simon w

« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2021, 01:16:59 pm »
Just out of curiosity when will he be back??

Frankybadboy

« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2021, 06:17:39 pm »
Just out of curiosity when will he be back??
WHO CARES  ;D ;D ;D

Power Clean Patios and Driveways

« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2021, 03:03:04 pm »
Been looking for someone for ages.

Bloke text me out of the blue so I gave him a trial. Really nice fella, really good laugh, did everything I asked of him, didn't complain. So I took him on.

Week one he blew me out on Tuesday saying his Dad has cancer and he had to go to the hospital. I took that as face value. He promised he wouldn't do it again blah blah blah. I decided to take it as truth. Id given him some branded clothing, he forgot it a couple of times saying he'd left it at his Dads.

Then this Tuesday he text me at 5am saying he's drunk, will be no good to me and I can sack him if I want. Obviously he was taking drugs too. You cant be up at 5am just drinking. Said he would call me. He hasn't called me since or replied to any of my messages or phone calls. I actually think he's blocked my number as WhatsApp messages aren't going through. Real shame as I got on with him well and really annoying as he has branded clothing of mine - 4 polos, one hoodie and shorts, baseball cap.

By coincidence another person text me so I tried him yesterday. Seems ok as a person, but let on that he doesn't stay at many jobs when there is no progression.

He said he'd had his own window cleaning business for 3 years but his technique on the pole wasn't great and he was very slow. His trad work was also pretty poor and took ages. This after saying he was really good as he's a bit OCD! I think he's lying about having his own window cleaning business. He was full of chat: im this, im, that, reliable, good worker etc etc.

Anyway I told him his earnings would be based on the amount of work done.  Got a text this morning saying he's only interested in a flat £100 a day. My targets are reasonable, he should achieve £100 - £120 a day.

Gut instinct is to leave it.

That said Ive found the job so much easier with company. You may recall I was very depressed with working on my own.

Thoughts?

Where are you based Jay?