This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pete Thompson

Re: My recent experience with employing
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2021, 01:09:24 pm »
I’m just amazed any of you guys are even bothering to respond to him.

Smudger

« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2021, 01:11:06 pm »
Well, it’s amusing to see how stooopid he is while thinking he’s clever

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Frankybadboy

« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2021, 07:59:07 pm »
really is the total idiot allowed to single handed ruin a forum. i dont use it much now cause fed up with see the idiot post on everything and knows nothing  :o

Amazin

« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2021, 07:33:35 am »
really is the total idiot allowed to single handed ruin a forum. i dont use it much now cause fed up with see the idiot post on everything and knows nothing  :o

Negative idiots and posts will defer the good members from posting and cause them to leave. The ones that people are looking for when they're searching for answers.

simon w

« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2021, 01:16:59 pm »
Just out of curiosity when will he be back??

Frankybadboy

« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2021, 06:17:39 pm »
Just out of curiosity when will he be back??
WHO CARES  ;D ;D ;D

Power Clean Patios and Driveways

« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2021, 03:03:04 pm »
Been looking for someone for ages.

Bloke text me out of the blue so I gave him a trial. Really nice fella, really good laugh, did everything I asked of him, didn't complain. So I took him on.

Week one he blew me out on Tuesday saying his Dad has cancer and he had to go to the hospital. I took that as face value. He promised he wouldn't do it again blah blah blah. I decided to take it as truth. Id given him some branded clothing, he forgot it a couple of times saying he'd left it at his Dads.

Then this Tuesday he text me at 5am saying he's drunk, will be no good to me and I can sack him if I want. Obviously he was taking drugs too. You cant be up at 5am just drinking. Said he would call me. He hasn't called me since or replied to any of my messages or phone calls. I actually think he's blocked my number as WhatsApp messages aren't going through. Real shame as I got on with him well and really annoying as he has branded clothing of mine - 4 polos, one hoodie and shorts, baseball cap.

By coincidence another person text me so I tried him yesterday. Seems ok as a person, but let on that he doesn't stay at many jobs when there is no progression.

He said he'd had his own window cleaning business for 3 years but his technique on the pole wasn't great and he was very slow. His trad work was also pretty poor and took ages. This after saying he was really good as he's a bit OCD! I think he's lying about having his own window cleaning business. He was full of chat: im this, im, that, reliable, good worker etc etc.

Anyway I told him his earnings would be based on the amount of work done.  Got a text this morning saying he's only interested in a flat £100 a day. My targets are reasonable, he should achieve £100 - £120 a day.

Gut instinct is to leave it.

That said Ive found the job so much easier with company. You may recall I was very depressed with working on my own.

Thoughts?

Where are you based Jay?