van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KS Cleaning

Re: Transit custom stop start
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2021, 11:49:15 pm »
I actually put my van into the Ford garage last week due to the stop/start not working, this despite a 60 mile round trip to Edinburgh. You can’t even listen to the radio during lunch break as it switches off after 2 minutes when it goes into battery saving mode. Ford know the batteries are crap but because it doesn’t show up as a fault code they won’t replace them under warranty.
Bottom line is they sell the vans with stop/start technology but install a battery that doesn’t support it. I reckon their emission results are probably more flawed than VW!

zesty

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2021, 07:26:02 am »
I’m amazed most of you like stop start, I hate it.

Just turn it off lads, or, get it mapped out. It’s a load of climate bed wetter political nonsense.

;D

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2021, 10:16:27 pm »
I have stop start in my Fiorino , didn’t work when I got the van , had a new battery a while back and it still doesn’t work  ;D

TBH even if it did work I don’t think I would bother with it , I see it as a starter motor killer myself  !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Splash & dash

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2021, 10:41:34 pm »
I have stop start in my Fiorino , didn’t work when I got the van , had a new battery a while back and it still doesn’t work  ;D

TBH even if it did work I don’t think I would bother with it , I see it as a starter motor killer myself  !

You need a special battery for it to work it doesn’t work with a normal one , they generally cost double the price of a normal battery .

colin bird

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2021, 06:02:50 am »
I found it frustrating waiting at traffic lights for it to start back up so held the button down for three seconds to overrun the system so it's permanently locked from stopping the engine at lights, stupid function in the first place for practicality.

Do you have a transit custom ?

colin bird

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2021, 06:06:30 am »
mine stopped working after the first few months and that was 4 years ago now(17 plate connect)....i have a button to turn it off anyway in the cab.....

my golf GTD stop/start works fine but ive only had it for 8 weeks from new.....

Can you turn it off permenantley in a connects? In my custom it I turn it off, when I next turn the engine off to do a job, then restar the stop start switches itself on

zesty

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2021, 07:17:48 am »
mine stopped working after the first few months and that was 4 years ago now(17 plate connect)....i have a button to turn it off anyway in the cab.....

Can you turn it off permenantley in a connects? In my custom it I turn it off, when I next turn the engine off to do a job, then restar the stop start switches itself on

My custom an older one so doesn’t have it, thank goodness.

But our beemer does, it just becomes habit to turn it off every time you  get in and drive.

Elfyn

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2021, 09:00:35 am »
I persuaded one of the lads in my local dealer to permanently turn the stop/start off. I also fitted (on his advice) a solar panel that was the only means of charging my leisure battery - no split charge relay. Never had any problems after that.

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2021, 10:45:06 am »

theres a button in the cab to turn it off....
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2021, 07:46:34 pm »
I found it frustrating waiting at traffic lights for it to start back up so held the button down for three seconds to overrun the system so it's permanently locked from stopping the engine at lights, stupid function in the first place for practicality.

Do you have a transit custom ?

The start stop button has been disabled on my Bmw. I drive a Merc Vito for work as it's faster than a lot of Bmw's. Contemplating getting rid of my car for a vito 122 as they go 0-60 in under 9 secs with 225 hp, they are wicked vans to drive, love them, better than a transporter anyday  :)

colin bird

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2021, 07:48:53 am »

theres a button in the cab to turn it off....
[/quote

Hi dazmond I've seen the button on the dashboard,but it doesn't switch it off permenantley,each time after removing key it comes back on

colin bird

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2021, 07:51:53 am »
Four days after battery was charged by dealer stop start is not working,I have contacted ford customer service,will advise on the outcome

Simon Trapani

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2021, 08:11:08 am »
You don’t do enough mileage to charge it enough for it to kick in. It’s a common problem for short journeys.

colin bird

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2021, 06:27:15 pm »
You don’t do enough milage to charge it enough for it to kick in. It’s a common problem for short journeys.
Yes agree with that,but that doesn't make it right,I'm being a bit pedantic over it i know,but it's sold with stop ,start ! And in my opinion it should do what's it says,my wife's Audi 66 plate also short journeys stop stat works without missing a beat.
The custom is also sold with a cab heater,imagine if they said the same thing about that,I will be a difficult customer,we all have difficult customer cleaning windows,now it's my turn !!

Smudger

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2021, 07:04:51 pm »
The answer is clear - it's a Ford

Audi is a different league entirely

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2021, 08:15:23 pm »

Darran

Totally agree but it should still work the way it’s intended to it’s not fit for purpose and should be made to work correctly under trading standards law .

KS Cleaning

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2021, 10:16:31 pm »

Darran

Totally agree but it should still work the way it’s intended to it’s not fit for purpose and should be made to work correctly under trading standards law .
Exactly. If you pay for a vehicle with stop/start technology you expect that technology to work. Whether you choose to use it or not is irrelevant.

Smudger

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2021, 10:21:03 pm »
Does that not depend on age and use - if a clutch goes is it manufacturer or driver ?

The post was supposed to be flippant - no doubt the day will come the next van will have start/stop - I live in dread as I can't stand the smart alternators fitted

Darran (Luddite)
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2021, 10:23:57 pm »
Does that not depend on age and use - if a clutch goes is it manufacturer or driver ?

The post was supposed to be flippant - no doubt the day will come the next van will have start/stop - I live in dread as I can't stand the smart alternators fitted

Darran (Luddite)

Heaven help us all with the electric car/ van situation !!!!!!

zesty

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2021, 08:28:57 am »
Lads, just turn it off each journey and be done with it.

It’s a massive load of nonsense anyway.

Or, get it mapped out.