van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

markymark

Straight to Hell, boys...
« on: May 01, 2021, 10:28:01 am »
Some days my patience is thinner than others. Take yesterday morning for example - cleaning a nice customers house in a nice area, brew made for me, creme egg as a treat, money under the cup, all going well.
Then the miserable gardener turns up. I said hello to him, the usual remarks about dodging the showers, pleasantries and so on. Nothing. Not even a 'hello'. He's never been happy, mostly just ill-mannered and miserable. Yesterday he excelled himself.  No greeting, no pleasantries, just how long am I going to be, my stuff is in his way (it wasn't), I'm making it difficult for him, he's got other jobs to do blah blah blah. I smiled and nodded then watched as he lugged his mower from his trailer, trundled round the back of the house making a big show of tutting and pushing my hose out of the way. Well, further out of the way as it was to one side of the path anyway (health and safety is no accident etc).
I finished the job to the sound of him mowing the back garden, then put away my gear, then shut the side gate.
And put the padlock back.
And locked it.
And locked him in the back garden.
And drove to my next job, wondering if he was going to enjoy having something to really moan about now.
Probably bad for my karma, but it made me feel good 😎
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

drakestar!

Re: Straight to Hell, boys...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 10:55:51 am »
Job well done 👏

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 01:16:48 pm »
I think this post should be made in to a 'stickie'...  ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 01:20:23 pm »
Lol I love this 😂😂😂😂😂 I would have liked to see his face when he tried to leave 😂😂😂😂😂😂 absolute classic 😂😂😂😂

Bungle

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 01:24:37 pm »
Love it 👏

Reminds me of the time I filled a not so nice customer's boots 'accidentally' with water from my jet when he'd gone inside for a coffee with the gardener. Only to realise when he and the gardener came out and put their boots back on the gardener was wearing the wet boot 🥴
We look at them, they look through them.

tom20001

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 01:25:41 pm »
Love it , brilliant 

NWH

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 01:30:03 pm »
2 if the most dangerous people that will lose you a very good job.
1, The cleaner or housekeeper
2,The Gardener
Never tell either of these what you get paid for the job and always try and keep in with them when it’s possible,I do a cleaners house and the gardeners that live in at smaller houses on the grounds for this reason.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2021, 01:47:43 pm »
Dont go there if he is working next time.
Might end up with wfp v fork fisty cuffs 😁.

I thoight gardening was theraputic.... maybe not 🤣

markymark

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2021, 03:11:37 pm »

I'd just offer him out round the back.....

Then lock the gate on him. Again .  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 03:32:25 pm »

I'd just offer him out round the back.....

Then lock the gate on him. Again .  ;D

So was the gate left open for both of you? If so and you get stick over it just look all innocent and say you were on "auto-pilot" and you just always padlock the gate when you leave!
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 04:13:52 pm »
Some days my patience is thinner than others. Take yesterday morning for example - cleaning a nice customers house in a nice area, brew made for me, creme egg as a treat, money under the cup, all going well.
Then the miserable gardener turns up. I said hello to him, the usual remarks about dodging the showers, pleasantries and so on. Nothing. Not even a 'hello'. He's never been happy, mostly just ill-mannered and miserable. Yesterday he excelled himself.  No greeting, no pleasantries, just how long am I going to be, my stuff is in his way (it wasn't), I'm making it difficult for him, he's got other jobs to do blah blah blah. I smiled and nodded then watched as he lugged his mower from his trailer, trundled round the back of the house making a big show of tutting and pushing my hose out of the way. Well, further out of the way as it was to one side of the path anyway (health and safety is no accident etc).
I finished the job to the sound of him mowing the back garden, then put away my gear, then shut the side gate.
And put the padlock back.
And locked it.
And locked him in the back garden.
And drove to my next job, wondering if he was going to enjoy having something to really moan about now.
Probably bad for my karma, but it made me feel good 😎

he ll probably cut your hose next time he sees you! :D
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 06:21:18 pm »
haha

that sounds like me tbh i hate it when people are in or builders etc in the way, cant be doing with it  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2021, 09:33:33 am »
From now on when doing that job just make sure you pocket the padlock until you leave , he is going to be wanting payback!

I would love to have seen him try to leave  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

markymark

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2021, 09:03:02 pm »
Yeah, I've got on really well with the owners, and I've been doing their (and their business and families) windows  for over 10 years now. They've given me a key for their gates so I'm pretty sure I'm one step ahead of the newer (and deffo more miserable) gardener. As a matter of habit I always lock the padlock on to any gate, having seen a teacher get caught out whilst as a young teenager  ;D.
I've not had any texts so far, so I guess I've either got away with it or he has a key. Oh god, I hope he doesn't have a key  ;D. Either way, I'm going to plead the autopilot defence, and just for the record..... I'd do it again. Ohhh yeah, I'd deffo do it again!

jim bean

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2021, 10:54:17 pm »
That’s brilliant 🙌🙌
No need to be downright miserable wonder how some people get any work with attitudes like that