van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Splash & dash

Re: Automatic Gearbox's WC Vans
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2021, 02:43:53 pm »
Forget that Stoots m8 a Tesla will smoke any bike go on YouTube and have a look.

Perhaps, but not by much and im talking about bang for buck.

It would take a lot of money in a car to beat a bike thats worth a grand.

But you cannot fall off a car 😂😂😂😂😂

NWH

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2021, 02:51:09 pm »
I agree for a couple 1000 you can get super car performance with a bike but you can pay 20000 for a bike and still get wet,bikes have also come on massively most deaths are people returning to a bike some 20 years later they are night and day in performance in stock form.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2021, 03:11:48 pm »
If you want fast just get a motorbike.

My street triple 675 will do 0 to 60 in 3 seconds, its great fun smoking 100k sports cars off the lights on a 5k bike 😂. And as far as bikes go mines only a middleweight...

Ive had auto cars and for most people they make total sense unless you are a bit of a boy racer at heart then you will want a manual...

As for electric cars, no chance if it doesnt produce noise and smoke it's not a real machine.

No all the latest sports cars are auto I have an Audi SQ5 8 speed auto 400 bhp and it’s much quicker than a manual and will give most bike a good run for  money  I have had big bikes in the past , Suzuki  GSXR 750 , hayabusa , most BMW sports cars are auto I have had , M3,M4,M5 all autos
I’ve had the 4.0 V8 M3 auto, great sound off it but found that the interior let it down, currently have an M4 auto, big improvement interior wise but I do miss the grunt of that V8. None of them are the quickest off the mark as they’re not 4 wheel drive. Wife has X4 M40i, with it being 4 wheel drive I actually find it quicker off the mark, but definitely not as much fun to drive as the M4.

Splash & dash

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2021, 03:21:19 pm »

My street triple 675 will do 0 to 60 in 3 seconds, its great fun smoking 100k sports cars off the lights on a 5k bike 😂. And as far as bikes go mines only a middleweight...

Ive had auto cars and for most people they make total sense unless you are a bit of a boy racer at heart then you will want a manual...

As for electric cars, no chance if it doesnt produce noise and smoke it's not a real machine.

No all the latest sports cars are auto I have an Audi SQ5 8 speed auto 400 bhp and it’s much quicker than a manual and will give most bike a good run for  money  I have had big bikes in the past , Suzuki  GSXR 750 , hayabusa , most BMW sports cars are auto I have had , M3,M4,M5 all autos
I’ve had the 4.0 V8 M3 auto, great sound off it but found that the interior let it down, currently have an M4 auto, big improvement interior wise but I do miss the grunt of that V8. None of them are the quickest off the mark as they’re not 4 wheel drive. Wife has X4 M40i, with it being 4 wheel drive I actually find it quicker off the mark, but definitely not as much fun to drive as the M4.

I have had BMW for years but felt the latest ones the interiors were no better than a ford , that’s why I bought the Audi SQ5 it’s build quality is head and shoulders above BMW , and it’s 4  wheel drive  system is so smooth , I hate to say it as I love BMW but think the Audi are much better car .

KS Cleaning

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2021, 03:36:20 pm »

I have had BMW for years but felt the latest ones the interiors were no better than a ford , that’s why I bought the Audi SQ5 it’s build quality is head and shoulders above BMW , and it’s 4  wheel drive  system is so smooth , I hate to say it as I love BMW but think the Audi are much better car .
I think it comes down to personal choice between the two.  Wife had an SQ5 when it was the diesel version, chopped it in in 2018 for a BMW 530d as around that time the SQ5 had changed to a petrol version for the UK market, I believe it’s  reverted back to diesel again?

NWH

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2021, 03:50:25 pm »
I test drove the M4  comp and it didn’t do it for me I felt it was too big I took an M2 out and I was impressed it  felt like a totally different car much more nimble to drive,I’m more swayed towards Audi now being 4 wheel drive and the interiors are night and day over the BMW.

Splash & dash

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2021, 04:01:45 pm »

I think it comes down to personal choice between the two.  Wife had an SQ5 when it was the diesel version, chopped it in in 2018 for a BMW 530d as around that time the SQ5 had changed to a petrol version for the UK market, I believe it’s  reverted back to diesel again?

Had mine new in 2016 it’s a diesel , I test drive the petrol but didn’t like it and decided to stick with the diesel , Ime very reluctant to spend money on another diesel car at this time with the change over to  electric  not that I want electric , but feel that non electric cars will loose value very quickly  or be taxed very heavily by the government trying to force us to go that way , so will stick with what I have for now , if it wasn’t for this electric business I would get a Q7 , but not going to risk spending 60-75 k on a car at this time . Been looking at the tesler 4x4  but the range is poor and it’s huge money   

KS Cleaning

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2021, 04:15:17 pm »

Had mine new in 2016 it’s a diesel , I test drive the petrol but didn’t like it and decided to stick with the diesel , Ime very reluctant to spend money on another diesel car at this time with the change over to  electric  not that I want electric , but feel that non electric cars will loose value very quickly  or be taxed very heavily by the government trying to force us to go that way , so will stick with what I have for now , if it wasn’t for this electric business I would get a Q7 , but not going to risk spending 60-75 k on a car at this time . Been looking at the tesler 4x4  but the range is poor and it’s huge money
I take it you’ve had it remapped? My wife’s was a 2015 and from memory it was around 310bhp?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2021, 04:26:12 pm »
I test drove the M4  comp and it didn’t do it for me I felt it was too big I took an M2 out and I was impressed it  felt like a totally different car much more nimble to drive,I’m more swayed towards Audi now being 4 wheel drive and the interiors are night and day over the BMW.
Pocket rockets will be a bit more nimble, I had an Audi S3 about 8 years ago. I prefer the body lines of the M4 over the Audi S5, IMO it’s harder to distinguish between an A5 and S5, whereas the M4 upgrades over the 4 series can be easily identified. Anyway we are in danger of this thread being chucked over to a different section........let’s talk windies😁

Smudger

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2021, 04:34:14 pm »
I have a mini 1000 - thats quite quick !

Darran ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2021, 04:43:55 pm »

I take it you’ve had it remapped? My wife’s was a 2015 and from memory it was around 310bhp?

Yes mine was 340 from the factory  had a mild re map  to 400 think by changing the turbos and a difference re map you can get well over 500 from what the tuners said , the gearbox is actually able to cope with it something that’s unusual theses days .

KS Cleaning

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2021, 04:45:49 pm »
I have a mini 1000 - thats quite quick !

Darran ;D
Takes me back to when I was a youngster and at auction I bought what I thought was a mini 1275GT.......turns out the only thing 1275GT about it was the badge🤣🤣 in reality it was a 1000😖

Smudger

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2021, 05:30:02 pm »
First mini cost me £60 - turned out under the mat it had not floor  ;D ;D

got the last laugh tho, it had a rare Cooper 997 engine in it and that got me £600

then had a clubman and squeezed in a 1400 metro turbo engine - ahhh... them were days when you could tinker with cars...

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

dazmond

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2021, 06:01:47 pm »

if your a boy racer like me then an auto is much more fun  and faster than a manual.....cant stand motorbikes...i know too many guys that have died on them over the years..... :(
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2021, 07:06:58 pm »

if your a boy racer like me then an auto is much more fun  and faster than a manual.....cant stand motorbikes...i know too many guys that have died on them over the years..... :(

leave it out Daz - your like me - middle aged - there comes a time a tarts car like a golf GTI (ETC) is confined to the younger generation  ;D

Get a mans car !

Darran

windowswashed

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2021, 07:28:08 pm »
Bet my Vito work van goes faster than Daz's Golf, it's been modified a few times and it's fun when some youngsters try cutting in on me and I make them worker harder to overtake  ;D the young rebellious nature comes out sometimes, more fun than growing up and being an adult.

dazmond

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2021, 07:35:51 pm »

leave it out Daz - your like me - middle aged - there comes a time a tarts car like a golf GTI (ETC) is confined to the younger generation  ;D

Get a mans car !

Darran

absolutely not!im only 49!.....us men never grow up!THANK GOD!! :D

Stoots

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2021, 07:41:50 pm »

Yes they are dangerous.

I only passed my test less than 2 years ago and already been taken out once by a car, pulled out on me. Luckily i managed to break to about 30mph before impact and did a really good commando roll across the bonnet. Knee was bad for about 6 months but seems to have recovered.

Im way more cautious now especially in built up areas and ride more defensively but that said there is always the odd moment of madness with a twist of the throttle  ;D

Going to get some track days in this year hopefully if we get back to normal, should improve my riding   

dazmond

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2021, 08:02:26 pm »
Bet my Vito work van goes faster than Daz's Golf, it's been modified a few times and it's fun when some youngsters try cutting in on me and I make them worker harder to overtake  ;D the young rebellious nature comes out sometimes, more fun than growing up and being an adult.

I overtook a 57 plate mondeo st220 yesterday and he tried to stop me overtaking him  by putting his foot to the floor!the tool!he didnt succeed......i was laughing my head off when i looked in my rear view mirror at some lights further down the road...he wasnt happy! ;D ;D

im not saying my golf is the fastest car on the road but 0-62 in 7 seconds is plenty fast enough for me....400nm of torque and 200 bhp and the automatic gearbox makes it so much fun and its easy to overtake the sunday drivers on the road... :)

EandM

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2021, 09:06:37 pm »

I overtook a 57 plate mondeo st220 yesterday and he tried to stop me overtaking him  by putting his foot to the floor!the tool!he didnt succeed......i was laughing my head off when i looked in my rear view mirror at some lights further down the road...he wasnt happy! ;D ;D

im not saying my golf is the fastest car on the road but 0-62 in 7 seconds is plenty fast enough for me....400nm of torque and 200 bhp and the automatic gearbox makes it so much fun and its easy to overtake the sunday drivers on the road... :)

That's interesting and would make a great comparison test.

The ST220 has 25 more bhp and weighs nearly 200 kg less.
0-60 is quoted at 6.5 seconds for the Mondeo and 7.1 for the Golf.

Even allowing for the Golf having an additional 75 lb ft of torque I have to ask, was the ST driver asleep?

Not knocking either: both very nice cars.