This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: hot water systems
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2020, 07:54:10 pm »
My old systems fuel pump lasted years they are very reliable  when I got the first drop in heat output I changed the heat exchanger problem sorted back to optimum heat again for a few years,if you get smoke on start up and shut down the burner probably needs changing but again they last years.

Jonny 87

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2020, 01:30:49 pm »
My old systems fuel pump lasted years they are very reliable  when I got the first drop in heat output I changed the heat exchanger problem sorted back to optimum heat again for a few years,if you get smoke on start up and shut down the burner probably needs changing but again they last years.

Yeah that’s the other thing I was told to look for, the smoke. It’s got zero smoke at all just now so that’s good. It’s even quieter running now than when I first got it. It used to sound like a jet engine taking off, now it’s definitely quieter, but I’m getting the same heat. 
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2020, 02:46:06 pm »
You’ll also get smoke if the fuel tank on the van is low and it’s pumping dry you can hear it pump differently more of a knock,the other time you may get some smoke is if it’s on and not recirculating back to tank.
If this happens on the next startup it should burn off any build up of soot,when it keeps smoking it’s time for a new burner,the shutdown process is supposed to help a big build up of soot in the burner.

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2020, 03:30:05 pm »
What’s the difference between the grippatank hot water system and the pure freedom hot water system?

NWH

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2020, 03:55:44 pm »
Inside the cabinet probably very little I think they still use the 2 man Pro90 burner but the footprint of the 2 man by Grippa is amazingly narrower not a lot more than 5-6” in width,burner in the middle of the cabinet with a heat exchanger either side and header tank directly above the burner.
Either side of the cabinet you have large rectus type female connectors for each hosereel should you be using it for a 2 man setup,if you have an old style stainless steel frame with a tank in this can be easily retrofitted onto the tank frame you would never know it’s been added on tbh. 

NWH

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2020, 04:08:06 pm »
The main thing with Grippa and Oliver is that they know these heaters inside out many suppliers know very little about them when you get talking,these heaters are very reliable any problems are usually down to battery issues but if you regularly charge them they are trouble free.
I’ve had mine switching off on me on and off a few months ago but it was down to an old van battery that should have been changed,Since changing it working like a dream again.
Also they are the only company I know that actually come out and service them and change things like burners etc on site,imagine being told you’ve got to take it back to someone like Pure Freedom 🤣🤣,get all the way up there and it’s a fuse.

Shrek

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2020, 04:10:37 pm »
Cheers , I may invest in one.

NWH

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2020, 04:24:46 pm »
Think how much you’d pay for an ionic new version of the Pro5 which is an RO and pre filter van mount and it would be a cold setup,I’d rather have a static with pre filters and RO with just a tank-pump and reel in the van with a Grippa 2 man heater for the same money about 5grand  you’ve got a hot water system,buy that through ionic you can double that at least.

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2020, 04:30:08 pm »
What’s the difference between the grippatank hot water system and the pure freedom hot water system?

the pure freedom heaters dont integrate into the vans diesel tank...they have a separate small diesel tank in the back of the van so you have to fill it up separately...
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2020, 04:39:58 pm »
Yeah well that’s an option from all of them a separate marine tank Ionic will plumb into the vehicle too,I could have had a separate tank from Grippa but it makes sense to go straight into the vehicle tank.
I’ve had one with a separate tank before and you can never get away from the smell of diesel no matter how careful you are,which ever way you look at it money well spent.

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2020, 04:48:42 pm »
Yeah well that’s an option from all of them a separate marine tank Ionic will plumb into the vehicle too,I could have had a separate tank from Grippa but it makes sense to go straight into the vehicle tank.
I’ve had one with a separate tank before and you can never get away from the smell of diesel no matter how careful you are,which ever way you look at it money well spent.

pure freedom dont give you the option to integrate into your vans diesel tank....theyll only fit a separate tank
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2020, 06:21:51 pm »
Sorry I meant they all give an option for a separate tank that being Grippa or Ionic,they’ll ship you a hot box now something they wouldn’t have done originally they insisted on fitting them at Swindon or Chelmsford and going into the fuel tank.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2020, 06:57:23 pm »

pure freedom dont give you the option to integrate into your vans diesel tank....theyll only fit a separate tank
They used to, I got a system fitted from them in 2011 and it was tapped directly into the vans fuel tank. I’m not sure of the reason why they stopped doing this, perhaps it was due to regulations?

NWH

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2020, 08:15:08 pm »
It’s a lot more work dropping the tank down in a lot of cases VWs have insulating covers underneath the van making it a much longer job,if you just have a separate tank it’s a lot easier I installed my own years ago once everything is in situ in the van you just need to run the fuel line from heater to pump then into the fuel supply.
P&Fs setup is so simple yet is as effective as a single operating diesel heater that you’ll get from any of these suppliers,I don’t believe the components are the same but he must be using either a Webasto fuel pump or similar I hope he’s not selling them with the Chinese pumps they are supposed to be nowhere near as reliable.

NWH

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2020, 08:20:18 pm »
Honestly always go for a heater plumbed into the vehicle tank like I said the smell almost can’t be avoided it gets eye watering at times,you start off being careful but if the separate tank ever goes over which it will at some point or spills you can’t get rid of the smell of diesel for months and even then it just dies down.

NWH

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2020, 08:34:08 pm »

Yeah that’s the other thing I was told to look for, the smoke. It’s got zero smoke at all just now so that’s good. It’s even quieter running now than when I first got it. It used to sound like a jet engine taking off, now it’s definitely quieter, but I’m getting the same heat.
They run quieter and constantly hotter with optimum power from batteries,you can hear when they are struggling from the fuel pump.
If the fuel pump sounds like Ron Jeremy it’s spot on 🤣🤣

KS Cleaning

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2020, 10:29:26 pm »
It’s a lot more work dropping the tank down in a lot of cases VWs have insulating covers underneath the van making it a much longer job,if you just have a separate tank it’s a lot easier I installed my own years ago once everything is in situ in the van you just need to run the fuel line from heater to pump then into the fuel supply.
P&Fs setup is so simple yet is as effective as a single operating diesel heater that you’ll get from any of these suppliers,I don’t believe the components are the same but he must be using either a Webasto fuel pump or similar I hope he’s not selling them with the Chinese pumps they are supposed to be nowhere near as reliable.
It’s a simple job to drop the tank. I was present when the mechanic fitted my tank frame to my latest van. He put my van on the ramp and had to drop the tank in order to bolt my frame through the floor, dropping the tank and heat shield then re fitting them took about 20 mins.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2020, 01:23:31 am »

They used to, I got a system fitted from them in 2011 and it was tapped directly into the vans fuel tank. I’m not sure of the reason why they stopped doing this, perhaps it was due to regulations?

I bet it invalidates the vehicle’s warranty.

Jonny 87

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2020, 08:18:59 am »

I bet it invalidates the vehicle’s warranty.

I doubt that.

Grippa tank are fitting these systems all the time, and I’m sure they would have ran into this problem before now.

Also camper van conversions etc would
Be hitting the same problem.

I bet it’s just pure freedoms preference as it’s easier for them.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher