Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Missing Link

Re: Government clarification - Can you work? Yes you can...
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2020, 01:13:22 pm »
We'll see.👍

Please, don't give up, I love your appeals to emotion.  They beat any science-led policy any day. ;D
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Jonny 87

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2020, 01:13:51 pm »
I'm just pleased it's not me that's actually advocating, promoting and encouraging people to go out and work in these circumstances.
 I'm not that stupid or irresponsible, nor would I wish to shoulder the possible results and consequences of such actions. But hey ho, neither am I a forum hero!

Government backed by health experts are encouraging people to work if safe to do so.

What do they know though right?

Window cleaners and facebook warriors are far more informed.

I like your posts peavey! We just disagree on this issue.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Jonny 87

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2020, 01:15:38 pm »
This is going to run it’s course, be what may. Regardless of a few hundred window cleaners going out and cleaning some glass.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2020, 01:15:53 pm »
Finally some clarification instead of a few anonymous individuals interpretation of governments guidelines on the Internet. I'm undecided as yet whether I'll try working this week. I didn't the last one as was waiting to see how things developed plus the confusion of governments stance and the squabbling on here as to who was right.

At least I can now make an informed decision rather than one based on hearsay.

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2020, 01:23:22 pm »
I’m in Devon/Cornwall and I have not had any problems as yet , on Friday a squad car drove past me and waved .
I have had 2 leave it’s so far in the 3 last days that I have worked , I am giving every custie the choice before I start the job , and my area is one of those righteous thing places , lots of tree huggers and vegans here !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

davids3511

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2020, 01:23:45 pm »
Good post. Now let's wait for all the abuse and incorrect information to land.

It's surprises me the number of epidemiological experts there are on this site.
Facebook too. A vaccine can only be days away with so many experts in the country.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2020, 01:28:04 pm »
Hi Ho, Hi Ho,
It's off to work we go,
with a bottle of rum
and a very sore bum
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2020, 01:29:00 pm »
Government backed experts are also  telling the whole nation to stay indoors. Only to go outside if absolutely necessary to support life/health and wellbeing. To take only a maximum of one hours exercise per day, outside your own home- and this must be within your own locality- you must not even travel to do this. All public places are now closed.
Like I said, the evidence is there for all to see and witness. The responsibility is all yours, you are kidding/convincing only yourselves in this matter. It's your choice.
Comfortably Numb!

davids3511

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2020, 01:31:09 pm »
I think for the majority of sensible people it's a question of "should" I go to work and not whether they "can" or are "allowed" to  go.
There is a silent, invisible and indiscriminate killer prowling the streets of our country. It's everywhere, it's all around you now and it's sole purpose is to infect you and your loved ones- then for you and them infect others and theirs. The evidence is in your face, 24/7, humans are dropping like flies. Entire countries are grinding to a halt like no other time in history. Our own country are building gigantic temporary mortuarys,  field hospitals etc right now! We don't even have enough medical staff, beds or machines to even remotely deal with what's about to happen and IS already happening all around us. It's there for you all to see, right now. No excuses, own the responsibility as it's yours and yours alone now.
So, if you fancy your chances for the sake of One or Two weeks extra wages, then knock yourself out.👍

**hysterical post alert**

Unfortunately, because of idiots like you, lives will be lost. ::)roll
You too are causing problems and death, just further down the line. They recon austerity killed 100000. If everyone behaved like you are advocating, downing tools and taking 1000's off the government you will kill people, just it'll be in a year or two.

Missing Link

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2020, 01:31:15 pm »
Government backed experts are also  telling the whole nation to stay indoors. Only to go outside if absolutely necessary to support life/health and wellbeing. To take only a maximum of one hours exercise per day, outside your own home- and this must be within your own locality- you must not even travel to do this. All public places are now closed.
Like I said, the evidence is there for all to see and witness. The responsibility is all yours, you are kidding/convincing only yourselves in this matter. It's your choice.

Right, you're spreading fake news now. 

Go and read the staying at home rules - including the exemptions - and get back to me.

G Griffin

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2020, 01:36:21 pm »
I think for the majority of sensible people it's a question of "should" I go to work and not whether they "can" or are "allowed" to  go.
There is a silent, invisible and indiscriminate killer prowling the streets of our country. It's everywhere, it's all around you now and it's sole purpose is to infect you and your loved ones- then for you and them infect others and theirs. The evidence is in your face, 24/7, humans are dropping like flies. Entire countries are grinding to a halt like no other time in history. Our own country are building gigantic temporary mortuarys,  field hospitals etc right now! We don't even have enough medical staff, beds or machines to even remotely deal with what's about to happen and IS already happening all around us. It's there for you all to see, right now. No excuses, own the responsibility as it's yours and yours alone now.
So, if you fancy your chances for the sake of One or Two weeks extra wages, then knock yourself out.👍

You too are causing problems and death, just further down the line. They recon austerity killed 100000. If everyone behaved like you are advocating, downing tools and taking 1000's off the government you will kill people, just it'll be in a year or two.
*Hysterical post alert*.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dry Clean

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2020, 01:36:53 pm »
I'm just pleased it's not me that's actually advocating, promoting and encouraging people to go out and work in these circumstances.
 I'm not that stupid or irresponsible, nor would I wish to shoulder the possible results and consequences of such actions. But hey ho, neither am I a forum hero!

This just shows what panic can do to people, until now Iv always found Peavey to be one of the more level headed on here, blunt at times but level headed.

G Griffin

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2020, 01:41:15 pm »
Good post. Now let's wait for all the abuse and incorrect information to land.

It's surprises me the number of epidemiological experts there are on this site.
The ones saying that window cleaners won't make a blind bit of difference to the corona?
And then they diagnose that their partner could have had it since February.
That is a special type of expert.

Go to work and stop seeking validation. You'd best hurry because Boris is breathing down your neck.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2020, 01:43:43 pm »
The ones saying that window cleaners won't make a blind bit of difference to the corona?

Go to work and stop seeking validation. You'd best hurry because Boris is breathing down your neck.

**stupid post alert**

Don Kee

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2020, 01:44:00 pm »
Government backed experts are also  telling the whole nation.....To take only a maximum of one hours exercise per day, outside your own home

Link please; I’ve done a bit of research into this one, must have missed this specific advice.

Missing Link

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2020, 01:45:27 pm »
Government backed experts are also  telling the whole nation.....To take only a maximum of one hours exercise per day, outside your own home

Link please; I’ve done a bit of research into this one, must have missed this specific advice.

It's one of the reasons I called it fake news.

The exercise isn't compulsory either.  Even in they army they didn't make you exercise everyday.

And I'd just like to point out that cycling isn't really exercise either; it's sat on your arse.

Dry Clean

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2020, 01:46:42 pm »

Not sure if Peavey is in the UK so maybe that's the advice he's getting.

dd

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2020, 01:47:01 pm »

Last week I listened to an interview with a professor from Bristol University.

He published a study that indicated because there is a link between GDP (basically the prosperity of a nation) and life expectancy - in a nutshell if the economy is too damaged more lives will be lost through this impact than Covid 19.

G Griffin

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2020, 01:48:26 pm »

**stupid post alert**
It did contain a lot of stupidity.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Don Kee

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2020, 01:51:20 pm »

It's one of the reasons I called it fake news.

I know, I saw that, gold star for you.

But you going on and on, ramming things down peoples throats obviously isn’t working, so I’m giving an opportunity for someone to back up what they’ve said or realise they made a boo boo.

Trying to be right all the time creates provocation, making someone realise their mistake is education.