This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G Griffin

Re: Government clarification - Can you work? Yes you can...
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2020, 01:51:46 pm »
I think for the majority of sensible people it's a question of "should" I go to work and not whether they "can" or are "allowed" to  go.
There is a silent, invisible and indiscriminate killer prowling the streets of our country. It's everywhere, it's all around you now and it's sole purpose is to infect you and your loved ones- then for you and them infect others and theirs. The evidence is in your face, 24/7, humans are dropping like flies. Entire countries are grinding to a halt like no other time in history. Our own country are building gigantic temporary mortuarys,  field hospitals etc right now! We don't even have enough medical staff, beds or machines to even remotely deal with what's about to happen and IS already happening all around us. It's there for you all to see, right now. No excuses, own the responsibility as it's yours and yours alone now.
So, if you fancy your chances for the sake of One or Two weeks extra wages, then knock yourself out.👍

**hysterical post alert**

Unfortunately, because of idiots like you, lives will be lost. ::)roll
You too are causing problems and death, just further down the line. They recon austerity killed 100000. If everyone behaved like you are advocating, downing tools and taking 1000's off the government you will kill people, just it'll be in a year or two.
Last week I listened to an interview with a professor from Bristol University.

He published a study that indicated because there is a link between GDP (basically the prosperity of a nation) and life expectancy - in a nutshell if the economy is too damaged more lives will be lost through this impact than Covid 19.
Too damaged? Did he specify how much damage is too much?
How many windows do we have to not clean before the economy becomes too damaged?
That'd be very helpful and I could plan my work around it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2020, 01:53:44 pm »
Trying to be right all the time creates provocation, making someone realise their mistake is education.

It depends what your aim is and my aim isn't to educate.

You cannot dig irrational people out of emotive trenches using logic and reason.

But you can annoy them.

You'll just get radio silence from Peavey.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2020, 01:55:02 pm »
I'm just pleased it's not me that's actually advocating, promoting and encouraging people to go out and work in these circumstances.
 I'm not that stupid or irresponsible, nor would I wish to shoulder the possible results and consequences of such actions. But hey ho, neither am I a forum hero!

This just shows what panic can do to people, until now Iv always found Peavey to be one of the more level headed on here, blunt at times but level headed.

Here's the thing, and this is true, I have no reason to lie-
Apart from 4 of my family members being currently infected with covid19, earlier today I recieved a message from my friend and fellow window cleaner informing me that he is now self isolating with all the symptoms of covid19. 8 days ago, me and him were having the exact same discussion that is now happening here, in this thread. I stayed at home, he went to work!
It wasn't absolutely necessary or vital that he worked last week, nor would it have been this coming week. I can only hope that he has to experience mild symptoms, he's married with Two children.
As I said, it's your choice now but do you think it wise to advocate the continuation of none vital or necessary work and risk putting even more people at risk?
Comfortably Numb!

G Griffin

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2020, 02:03:10 pm »
Trying to be right all the time creates provocation, making someone realise their mistake is education.

It depends what your aim is and my aim isn't to educate.
That's just as well.
Leave it to us experts.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jonny 87

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2020, 02:04:58 pm »
I'm just pleased it's not me that's actually advocating, promoting and encouraging people to go out and work in these circumstances.
 I'm not that stupid or irresponsible, nor would I wish to shoulder the possible results and consequences of such actions. But hey ho, neither am I a forum hero!

This just shows what panic can do to people, until now Iv always found Peavey to be one of the more level headed on here, blunt at times but level headed.

Apart from 4 of my family members being currently infected with covid19, earlier today I recieved a message from my friend and fellow window cleaner informing me that he is now self isolating with all the symptoms of covid19. 8 days ago, me and him were having the exact same discussion that is now happening here, in this thread. I stayed at home, he went to work!
It wasn't absolutely necessary or vital that he worked last week, nor would it have been this coming week. I can only hope that he has to experience mild symptoms, he's married with Two children.
As I said, it's your choice now but do you think it wise to advocate the continuation of none vital or necessary work and risk putting even more people at risk?

Sorry to hear a few have been struck with it close to you.

The odds are they will pull through it no problem though! As do the vast majority of people.

I feel like I’m Banging a steel drum,  but we are all going to get this. For most it’s just a cold.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Ooooooog

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2020, 02:05:28 pm »

No, it’s the Government.

James Styles

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2020, 02:06:27 pm »
I’m sitting out the next month but if no stricter lockdowns are put in place by then to take the option away from us I think I would definately strongly consider going back to work as I’ll be getting cabin fever by then 😂

KS Cleaning

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2020, 02:07:22 pm »

But if your friend worked in a safe manner following the guidelines it is highly unlikely that he got the symptoms from working.

CleanClear

*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Jonny 87

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2020, 02:09:49 pm »

But if your friend worked in a safe manner following the guidelines it is highly unlikely that he got the symptoms from working.

More than likely he got it in tesco.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dry Clean

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2020, 02:11:57 pm »

Iv worked all week and haven't come in contact or less than 2 metres with a single person, mainly because many of them are still working, ill sleep soundly tonight in the knowledge that my actions will not have harmed anybody.

Missing Link

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2020, 02:12:09 pm »
Hey Tosh, this would back up what you say...... Looks like you can remain open as usual.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/guidance-for-employers-and-businesses-on-coronavirus-covid-19#keeping-your-business-open

It can't be any clearer than that, thanks.

However you know the moonhowlers will still be like "But but but". ;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2020, 02:13:21 pm »

The odds are they will pull through it no problem though! As do the vast majority of people.

I feel like I’m Banging a steel drum,  but we are all going to get this. For most it’s just a cold.

👍
And if if it isn't?
Maybe he's not so lucky?
Maybe I could have been a bit more "hysterical" 8 days ago and potentially saved his life?
Just imagine how I would feel if the worst was to happen and I had indeed encouraged him to go to work. Go on lad, your country needs you, there's glass to shine- crack on 'till it's illegal.
I hope for everyone's sake here, I am just "hysterical" ::)roll
Comfortably Numb!

Missing Link

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2020, 02:16:08 pm »
👍
And if if it isn't?
Maybe he's not so lucky?
Maybe I could have been a bit more "hysterical" 8 days ago and potentially saved his life?
Just imagine how I would feel if the worst was to happen and I had indeed encouraged him to go to work. Go on lad, your country needs you, there's glass to shine- crack on 'till it's illegal.

"But but but..."

More arguments from emotion.

They're my absolute favourites.  ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2020, 02:16:50 pm »

👍
And if if it isn't?
Maybe he's not so lucky?

I hope so too.

I think it’s one of these things that because it’s all we hear all day long it makes people paranoid.

1500 people die every month in the uk with flu, but we don’t shield ourselves or scare people that there is a silent killer, like a wolf waiting at the door for them as soon as they leave.

I firmly believe mental health will be a far bigger killer than covid-19...... as a direct result of fear and panic spreading across the nation.

CleanClear

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2020, 02:17:05 pm »

I'm not so sure its going to be that clear cut though. The Police are saying something else:

Missing Link

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2020, 02:18:09 pm »

I'm not so sure its going to be that clear cut though. The Police are saying something else:

Then they'll need to be educated.

The key/critical worker thing is a designation which allows them to get childcare.  That's it.

CleanClear

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2020, 02:20:03 pm »
I'm not going out anyway, but i think no matter what the Gov. website says Police will send people home. It will be confusion, well not "be" it is !!

Missing Link

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2020, 02:23:03 pm »
I'm not going out anyway, but i think no matter what the Gov. website says Police will send people home. It will be confusion, well not "be" it is !!

They've got a pinned post with the gov guidelines on it.  Surely they can read?

Are your tweets old ones when the policy was new out and they were confused?

NBwcs

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2020, 02:27:25 pm »
Jesus lads it's time to draw a line under this, the rest of the country are pulling together and we're having  more fallouts over this than we did when the WAHD came in. It's crystal clear that the government want us to work, it's also crystal clear that if people choose to go a step further and lock down earlier then that's also 100% right too. It's on your doorstep now, if you don't know people with it yet you very soon will do, time for a bit of mutual respect, no body's wrong. Cmon boys, we're in this together.