Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Missing Link

Government clarification - Can you work? Yes you can...
« on: March 29, 2020, 12:17:24 pm »
We've not reached peak curve on the Covid-19 virus posts yet, but this is worth pointing out...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do

Which is what I've been saying all along. ;D
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Government clarification - Can you work? Yes you can...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 12:20:32 pm »
Good post. Now let's wait for all the abuse and incorrect information to land.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

Missing Link

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 12:26:56 pm »
Good post. Now let's wait for all the abuse and incorrect information to land.

It's surprises me the number of epidemiological experts there are on this site.

JackieW

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 12:28:06 pm »
I agree completely. And now that I've made my decision not to work I am happy with whatever decision any body else makes whether to work or not.
The government as far as I know have not said you are not allowed to work.

johnwillan

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 12:34:25 pm »
We've not reached peak curve on the Covid-19 virus posts yet, but this is worth pointing out...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do

Thank you

Missing Link

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 12:35:08 pm »
Thank you

Tomo facebooked me them.

Cheers, Tomo.

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 12:35:40 pm »

That doesn't apply if you work in Devon/Cornwall, however should you try and work in that area you may want to wear a bullet proof vest  ;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 12:45:07 pm »
I think for the majority of sensible people it's a question of "should" I go to work and not whether they "can" or are "allowed" to  go.
There is a silent, invisible and indiscriminate killer prowling the streets of our country. It's everywhere, it's all around you now and it's sole purpose is to infect you and your loved ones- then for you and them infect others and theirs. The evidence is in your face, 24/7, humans are dropping like flies. Entire Nations are grinding to a halt like no other time in history. Our own country are building gigantic temporary mortuarys,  field hospitals etc right now! We don't even have enough medical staff, beds or machines to even remotely deal with what's about to happen and IS already happening all around us. It's there for you all to see, right now. No excuses, own the responsibility as it's yours and yours alone now.
So, if you fancy your chances for the sake of One or Two weeks extra wages, then knock yourself out.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Missing Link

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2020, 12:47:00 pm »
I think for the majority of sensible people it's a question of "should" I go to work and not whether they "can" or are "allowed" to  go.
There is a silent, invisible and indiscriminate killer prowling the streets of our country. It's everywhere, it's all around you now and it's sole purpose is to infect you and your loved ones- then for you and them infect others and theirs. The evidence is in your face, 24/7, humans are dropping like flies. Entire countries are grinding to a halt like no other time in history. Our own country are building gigantic temporary mortuarys,  field hospitals etc right now! We don't even have enough medical staff, beds or machines to even remotely deal with what's about to happen and IS already happening all around us. It's there for you all to see, right now. No excuses, own the responsibility as it's yours and yours alone now.
So, if you fancy your chances for the sake of One or Two weeks extra wages, then knock yourself out.👍

**hysterical post alert**

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 12:50:39 pm »
Maybe the next Prime Minister is in this forum if you think the rules set by Boris who is following scientific advice is wrong.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2020, 12:51:50 pm »
There is a silent, invisible and indiscriminate killer prowling the streets of our country. It's everywhere, it's all around you now and it's sole purpose is to infect you and your loved ones- then for you and them infect others and theirs. The evidence is in your face, 24/7, humans are dropping like flies. Entire countries are grinding to a halt like no other time in history. Our own country are building gigantic temporary mortuarys,  field hospitals etc right now! We don't even have enough medical staff, beds or machines to even remotely deal with what's about to happen and IS already happening all around us. It's there for you all to see, right now. No excuses, own the responsibility as it's yours and yours alone now.

Unfortunately, because of idiots like you, lives will be lost. ::)roll
Comfortably Numb!

harleyman

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2020, 12:56:48 pm »
why should we any diffrent than building workers their are closing sites

Missing Link

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2020, 12:57:53 pm »
Unfortunately, because of idiots like you, lives will be lost. ::)roll

Missing Link

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2020, 12:58:42 pm »

You are stupid.

Try to have a think and then get back to me.

Hint:  there is a genuine social distancing problem with working on building sites.  And travelling to them, particularly in London.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2020, 12:59:34 pm »

Because they can't work within the distancing rules.

Read the full news articles not just the headlines

Rob.Hall

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2020, 01:05:47 pm »
Explain this.....

Majority of country are staying at home or working from home.

Window cleaners, gardeners (as sole operators) are not coming into contact with people as long as they are payed by bacs or if cash, its left in an envelope for them to pick up.
Only time you may be in danger is if you need fuel.

Now considering if the outcome for this country is 20,000 deaths upwards and most people are at home where is this virus being transferred?
As we have only, (said in fig terms), hit 1000 deaths the places most  people will meet is at food outlets and petrol stations..... Or hospital.

I will leave this here and await incoming...

Jonny 87

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2020, 01:06:12 pm »
I really have a problem with the “silent killer outside” nonsense.

Nearly every single one of us Is going to get this!!! Unless you stay home for 18 months (which includes not going out for food shopping)

The problem is volume. Health service can’t cope because it’s all happening too quick.

If you work outside, alone, and follow social distancing, it’s all you can do.

All these people that say don’t work, do you go to the shops???? 
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2020, 01:07:59 pm »
I'm just pleased it's not me that's actually advocating, promoting and encouraging people to go out and work in these circumstances.
 I'm not that stupid or irresponsible, nor would I wish to shoulder the possible results and consequences of such actions. But hey ho, neither am I a forum hero!
Comfortably Numb!

Missing Link

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2020, 01:10:00 pm »
I'm just pleased it's not me that's actually advocating, promoting and encouraging people to go out and work in these circumstances.
 I'm not that stupid or irresponsible, nor would I wish to shoulder the possible results and consequences of such actions. But hey ho, neither am I a forum hero!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2020, 01:10:43 pm »

We'll see.👍
Comfortably Numb!