Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

deeege

Be interesting to know whether Dazmond will be accepting  the offer of a free £7.5k minimum government grant, given that yesterday he’d rather be out working than ‘waiting for free handouts’.

Daz?

Daz’s whole life is based on handouts.
He’s just too naive to realise it.

I'll tell you what...I'll leave all the squabbling to you lot! ;D

I'll go to work instead.....mind how you go mate......👍

😂😂 have a good day Daz, nice weather for it.

I’m only jealous really because I’ve got no work to go to for the foreseeable. 👎
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

johnwillan

I think Rishi needs a re-think...

A couple of points...

1: No cap for employees eligibility but Self Employed eligibility capped at £50k
2: Start ups with Trading Profits are penalised for "one-off" costs

I'm sure there are more...

G Griffin

A couple of points...

1: No cap for employees eligibility but Self Employed eligibility capped at £50k

We have to wait until June, at least, and the employed don't.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

Employed get there money as usual some self employed will still struggle it’ll take weeks before anyone will get any money,still difficult times for some guys.

johnwillan

A couple of points...

We have to wait until June, at least, and the employed don't.

True but to be fair we can access short term Zero cost finance to tide us over

Matthew Barnes

Heres an excerpt from Moneyexpert.com today.

G Griffin

It will be interesting to see what the self employed actually get, I suspect it will be loss of earnings due to cancelled work rather than refusing to go out and work which will be covered.

Rishi's just told you what you'll get.  80% of your earnings based on an average of your previous three years of tax returns.

AND you can keep on trading at the same time.

That is one heck of a generous gift for those of us who can keep trading.

For three months.

But read the small print if you can not prove you were affected on the next 2021 return you will face a fine.

Once the peak is over and normality returns I will be canvassing like crazy to build up work that was lost over the winter before COVID-19
I've now read that we don't have to prove that we have been affected.
Just adopt a "reasonable approach".
Whatever that is .
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

CleanClear

But read the small print if you can not prove you were affected on the next 2021 return you will face a fine.

Once the peak is over and normality returns I will be canvassing like crazy to build up work that was lost over the winter before COVID-19

You're quoting what the Mirror says, they're wrong. That was NOT said in his announcement at all.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

G Griffin

The 'responsible approach' bit might be right because it's in quotation marks.
The Mirror appears to be wrong though.
So far.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Shaun v walters

We are a 2 man team cleaning residential in dorset.like many others very confused as what to do especially as my colleague is 68. If u include the customer that answers the door that makes a gathering of 3! We qualify for gov help in June tho at the same time want to protect the round and avoid an inflated tax return as at least a fifth will be repaid! Also many of my clients are elderly and may not want the intrusion. Is it also correct that the government will contact all those eligible for self employed income allowance rather than u contacting them? Grateful for advice,keep shining!

G Griffin

We are a 2 man team cleaning residential in dorset.like many others very confused as what to do especially as my colleague is 68. If u include the customer that answers the door that makes a gathering of 3! We qualify for gov help in June tho at the same time want to protect the round and avoid an inflated tax return as at least a fifth will be repaid! Also many of my clients are elderly and may not want the intrusion. Is it also correct that the government will contact all those eligible for self employed income allowance rather than u contacting them? Grateful for advice,keep shining!
The guidelines are all over the forum, Shaun. Tosh has even added red arrows for clarity.
The government will contact you and you will pay tax on the grant. You can continue working but follow the guidelines.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Shaun v walters

Thanks!

AuRavelling79

The guidelines are all over the forum, Shaun. Tosh has even added red arrows for clarity.
The government will contact you and will pay tax on the grant. You can continue working but follow the guidelines.

The government will pay tax on the grant?
It's a game of three halves!

Bungle

The government will contact you and will pay tax on the grant. You can continue working but follow the guidelines.

I think he got that wrong. We will be paying tax on the 80% so essentially we will be getting 60% of our net pay.
We look at them, they look through them.

G Griffin

I just amended it and then I saw this.
Ta, Malc.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

I think he got that wrong. We will be paying tax on the 80% so essentially we will be getting 60% of our net pay.
I missed the 'you' before 'will pay tax'.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Don Kee

C’mon Griff, stop spreading “fake news”!!!

G Griffin

C’mon Griff, stop spreading “fake news”!!!
I wasn't, I was being incoherent.
I need to reduce my stupid .
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐