Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve rix

Unclear messages from the government.
« on: March 27, 2020, 06:48:18 pm »
On Monday night after Boris's confusing speech which was open to different interpretations, told all my staff we were closing down and they would get 80% of their wages. After MUCH phoning of various gov offices, trading standards, local council, my mp, my accountant etc., we have gone back to work on the advice received. We have had very few ntfn, NO cancellations, and picked up about 20 new customers (all domestic). Will carry on until given difinitive  contrary advice.

G Griffin

Re: Unclear messages from the government.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 06:58:54 pm »
On Monday night after Boris's confusing speech which was open to different interpretations, told all my staff we were closing down and they would get 80% of their wages. After MUCH phoning of various gov offices, trading standards, local council, my mp, my accountant etc., we have gone back to work on the advice received. We have had very few ntfn, NO cancellations, and picked up about 20 new customers (all domestic). Will carry on until given difinitive  contrary advice.
It could well happen and I hope to God that I'm wrong.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐