Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

G Griffin

Re: Self employed - register for pay out
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2020, 08:33:47 pm »
Bloody teachers .

I spoke to a fell running teacher on Saturday.  He said he was off till Autumn; he smiled and said it was "surreal", being off for six/seven months on full pay.

I said won't you take at turn looking after key worker's kids?  And he said no, because he teaches at a university.

I said "Brilliant!" and his smile turned into a massive grin.

He's loving it.

Is there much demand for fell running teachers?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

KS Cleaning

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2020, 08:48:56 pm »
If it’s based off 3 years I’m screwed as I’ve only been self employed for 10 months  :'(

I’ve only been self employed for 12 months also. There’s also 1m people that are self employed now that weren’t 12 months ago. These are the kind of details that they will have been ironing out over the last week.

I’m hoping for the best but expecting the worse. I don’t think there will be anything for domestic window cleaners though, as they want and encourage  us to carry on working in the community. This has been made quite clear imo.
This is another problem when it comes to sorting self employed help and why it will take longer. What if the window cleaner or similar tradesmen needs to stay at home as the other half is high risk or at the moment schools forced to close and someone needs to look after the kids etc. Its a tough one for the government.
It's going to be a hard one, p1.
If I can go to work, that'd be good and my lad has a place in school. But they're are only looking after them; no proper teaching. He came from school the other day and all his assigned work was wrong. We had to do it again.
I don't want his education to suffer just so I can go to work. It's only two or three days a week though, if that.
Bloody teachers .
C’mon Griff give the teachers a break........my wife’s a teacher😆 I think she gets a little bit peeved when she hears how much us window cleaners earn for what are relatively part time hours compared to hers, or it could be that she had to spend 4 years at Uni racking up debt, whilst we can learn our job in ........5 minutes🤪
His teachers, KS.
I think there were two teachers in and a few assistants. My son asked one of the teachers, the head, about some algebra and he said 'oh, I don't know, it's years since I've done that'.
That was the deal though. They're there just to look after them.
Is your wife in work, mate?
That’s the same as here mate, there is no teaching, or if there is that is down to the teachers discretion and would be more of a one to one basis rather than group sessions. They are actually calling them activity centres here. It is 2 teachers per 10 kids, I say teachers, it could be classroom assistants, nursery teachers early years officers etc, etc. My wife is a depute head teacher so has been working silly hours from home organising the rotas for staffing the ‘ activity centre ‘. she will also be taking her fair share of shifts as it is open from 8 - 6. They are also open during the Easter holidays which I know was a particular concern of yours.

davids3511

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2020, 08:49:27 pm »
Easy for me they have all my records,it’s a joke though really he was trying his hardest to avoid the self employed question he dodged it twice and said the same thing.
It will still be a real struggle for a lot in our game it’ll take a month to get anything and if you deal in a lot of cash or if  you haven’t been showing much you will get pittance.

Can you think of one single reason why someone who has dodged paying their taxes should now get the benefit of government support?

They made the decision to opt out of the system themselves.
Absolutely, if you don't pay in to support the system why should the system support you when you need it.

G Griffin

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2020, 08:54:53 pm »
If it’s based off 3 years I’m screwed as I’ve only been self employed for 10 months  :'(

I’ve only been self employed for 12 months also. There’s also 1m people that are self employed now that weren’t 12 months ago. These are the kind of details that they will have been ironing out over the last week.

I’m hoping for the best but expecting the worse. I don’t think there will be anything for domestic window cleaners though, as they want and encourage  us to carry on working in the community. This has been made quite clear imo.
This is another problem when it comes to sorting self employed help and why it will take longer. What if the window cleaner or similar tradesmen needs to stay at home as the other half is high risk or at the moment schools forced to close and someone needs to look after the kids etc. Its a tough one for the government.
It's going to be a hard one, p1.
If I can go to work, that'd be good and my lad has a place in school. But they're are only looking after them; no proper teaching. He came from school the other day and all his assigned work was wrong. We had to do it again.
I don't want his education to suffer just so I can go to work. It's only two or three days a week though, if that.
Bloody teachers .
C’mon Griff give the teachers a break........my wife’s a teacher😆 I think she gets a little bit peeved when she hears how much us window cleaners earn for what are relatively part time hours compared to hers, or it could be that she had to spend 4 years at Uni racking up debt, whilst we can learn our job in ........5 minutes🤪
His teachers, KS.
I think there were two teachers in and a few assistants. My son asked one of the teachers, the head, about some algebra and he said 'oh, I don't know, it's years since I've done that'.
That was the deal though. They're there just to look after them.
Is your wife in work, mate?
That’s the same as here mate, there is no teaching, or if there is that is down to the teachers discretion and would be more of a one to one basis rather than group sessions. They are actually calling them activity centres here. It is 2 teachers per 10 kids, I say teachers, it could be classroom assistants, nursery teachers early years officers etc, etc. My wife is a depute head teacher so has been working silly hours from home organising the rotas for staffing the ‘ activity centre ‘. she will also be taking her fair share of shifts as it is open from 8 - 6. They are also open during the Easter holidays which I know was a particular concern of yours.
Oh right, I didn't know that. That'd be good for all of us if I'm allowed to work. I'd just have to put up with the window cleaning and teaching.
Cheers, mate. I appreciate it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2020, 09:20:13 pm »
well ive no idea where i stand  ???

my business is Ltd, im a director which technically makes me an officer ......doesnt seem i fit into  either self employed or an employee as i dont have an employment contract

will be interesting to see how this pans out over the next month or so
Also from my accountants email
Directors of limited companies are not self-employed. There is still no information whether they will be counted as employees for the purpose of the 80% funding that will be available, however it is likely they will be excluded unless there is a contract of employment that has been in place for some time.

Yes although technically not self employed my accountant said it is possible they could be treated as such depending on the details of the scheme. They could also be treated as employees again depending on the details which we don't know. If you don't fit one category would you be put into the other or just left out in no mans land? Guess we will find out over the next few weeks.

lee_dewing

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2020, 09:43:22 pm »
I strongly think there is going to be a full list of trades/jobs that they consider can carry on working and will get nothing. We’ll be right at the top of that list.

I think 🤔 that’s bang on !

I can’t see most self employed getting much more than £250 a week off HMRC

But that’s just my uneducated guess

Lots of

“Well they’ve had deferred tax bills, you can have mortgage holiday” etc etc

I’d rather carry on working but what the future holds with our customer base 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m 100% domestic

But what the economy and our customers financial health will be like in the future?

Hope the nation recovers quickly

And more importantly we don’t lose our loved ones

Already to many have sadly lost their lives 🙇🏻‍♂️

I can’t help but think someone somewhere is buying loads of cheap shares and due to make even more millions

And Big business when the time comes will be booting out their staff
In the name of profit come April 2021

Stay well all 🏃🦠
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Missing Link

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2020, 09:56:40 pm »
I’d rather carry on working but what the future holds with our customer base 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m 100% domestic

What a great position you're in.  Businesses will have been hit hard.  I've lost a garden centre (for now) and a large wedding venue/hotel and probably quite a few units at a business park we clean.

Luckily enough 70/80% of our work is domestic though.

Most of my customers are retired, work for government (teachers and civil servants) and others who appear to be relatively comfortable.  These are fixed income types; they'll remain pretty much unaffected.

Higher taxes/food/fuel/mortgage interest in the future may have an impact, but I doubt enough for us to really hurt.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

NWH

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2020, 10:47:23 pm »
Don’t shoot me down but for years i have been saying domestic is best loads of eggs scattered about the place,I was cleaning a house many years ago and a woman stopped and spoke to me she said you want to get more commercial that’s where the money is,my husbands a window cleaner.
She said shops and offices will always need window cleaners and you can be out at 4 in the morning and be finished by 11 and you’ll have done your money for the day,in a lot of cases you’ll only need to work 3 days a week.
I’ve always been wary of having too much commercial work this has always been in the back of my mind,I’ve worked thorough 3 recessions and have never suffered on the domestic side,the same can’t and will never  be said for commercial.

lee_dewing

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2020, 12:11:06 am »
Tosh

Yes I’m sure  you’re right

Let’s all stay well 👍

NWH
Yes I’ve never been interested in commercial

Agree more money to be made or seems that way

No loyalty with commercial cheapest price wins, mostly

I like domestic it fits around my Life

Who could of predicted current situation 🙇🏻‍♂️

What I thought were problems in my life are really so trivial
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Missing Link

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2020, 12:15:16 am »
No loyalty with commercial cheapest price wins, mostly

It depends, but I've had some good commercial jobs for over a decade.

Quite often though this is because the person who initially contracted me has worked there for over a decade; so a relationship has been built.

NWH

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2020, 10:08:13 am »
Less loyalty with commercial end of story you are dependant on peoples incomes yes I agree with domestics as well,when a commercial building shuts that’s it with a house there’s a good chance they’ll keep you on they may put you back a bit but that doesn’t mean it’s as final as it is with say an office or shop building as we are seeing.

NWH

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2020, 10:24:08 am »
You’ll see who recovers quicker when this all ends lots of commercial properties will become houses or flats,they’ll carry on building banks will work together.
Shops and small business that rent buildings that you are talking about will be gone and most for good.

johnny bravo

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2020, 10:31:51 am »
all self employed are registered.    surely they can see on HMRC your last 3 year earnings.    calculate that .  you get a percentage.     I can see more going to work next week if its a balls up..      They might give clearer guidelined which self employed proffesion can go to work.    sole operators who CAN keep the distance rule.    We can make it 3/4 metre rule.   No one needs to come near us.
Most wear gloves, I do.  WFP poles.     

P @ F

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2020, 10:37:33 am »
I’m going to have to work if allowed next week, the help package will be far from instant , and I think 50% of my bills are not offering breaks , will have to find out today
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2020, 10:47:20 am »
I’ve had people calling and texting saying they want there windows cleaning still they are still having the gardeners and other workers round,the places are vast a lot of them you don’t come into contact with anyone.
I still think later on today it will be a poor offering they may even say people like us if you work alone and customers are compliant carry on,you won’t get any kind of payment anyway until the end of April doesn’t matter what it is.

G Griffin

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2020, 10:48:44 am »
I’m going to have to work if allowed next week, the help package will be far from instant , and I think 50% of my bills are not offering breaks , will have to find out today
You can't work and claim the package.
I can't see them offering a deal without a lockdown. If they do, it'll be another can of worms and back to square one.
The cost of a lockdown will be massive but it's a price they/we will have to pay.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2020, 10:50:04 am »
I’ve had people calling and texting saying they want there windows cleaning still they are still having the gardeners and other workers round,the places are vast a lot of them you don’t come into contact with anyone.
I still think later on today it will be a poor offering they may even say people like us if you work alone and customers are compliant carry on,you won’t get any kind of payment anyway until the end of April doesn’t matter what it is.
Nicola bloody Sturgeon!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

harleyman

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2020, 11:12:46 am »
its alright saying go to work but at the end of the  day its your customers choice to want you there in the first place some, undoubtedly may,  but you may get shunned  and slated from other people put on social media  then that is your reputation ruined. i have always put money aside just in case no matter what. that,s the way i was brought up.any its every ones choice. stay safe .

harleyman

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2020, 11:14:41 am »
shes trump in a frock   has far as im concerned. ;D

Missing Link

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2020, 11:16:08 am »
its alright saying go to work but at the end of the  day its your customers choice to want you there in the first place some, undoubtedly may,  but you may get shunned  and slated from other people put on social media  then that is your reputation ruined. i have always put money aside just in case no matter what. that,s the way i was brought up.any its every ones choice. stay safe .

Yes, so why did you get hysterical and try to shame people in not working?

You also didn't mention that you can live off your wife's wage too.