Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

going to take savings out of bank
« on: March 26, 2020, 02:26:36 pm »
Asked NatWest if they can freeze my loan for 3 month.    if you have savings you are better using this to keep paying your loan.      in other words not if you have money to pay it.      my savings are to cover me  for hardship.      loan was got to pay mortgage off .   No one knows how long this can go on for  3/12 months   Are they going to ask this if you claim for Self employment  pay now    Any Savings

Missing Link

Re: going to take savings out of bank
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 02:32:23 pm »
The soft lock down will probably last another 2 weeks:  I think it's the 13th April it's getting reviewed by gov.

Some good news here...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/nhs-now-likely-to-cope-with-coronavirus-says-key-scientist-rn5m6nggk

After that - I expect - things will get eased; social distancing will continue, handwashing, etc, but shops will very likely re-open and some normalcy will resume.

I suspect people will be wanting to get out, shop, spend, buy shrubs for their garden and will be desperate to have their windows cleaned and have a normal chat with their window cleaner.

Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 02:37:48 pm »
I also think that those of us with mortgages are the lucky ones; if things get tough we can take mortgage holidays.

I feel most for the people who rent; I don't think enough has been done for them.  So they can't get evicted during the corvid-19 crisis, but so what?  They can after.  Of course they can speak with their landlords and arrange some kind of pay-back scheme if they fall behind in their payments, but again, so what?  And what about other payments they've fallen behind on?

I think Slacky posted that a third of the UK don't have more than £100 in savings.

Tough times ahead for a large part of our population, whilst many others - looking at my facebook feed - are thoroughly enjoying being off work, getting paid, and one is spending the time learning how to do free-standing handstands.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

johnny bravo

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 03:24:25 pm »
This will go on for months until the scientists actually  find a cure  to kill this virus altogeather.  They cannot go to normality .  Maybe with testing kits  it will get better
But you can test ok      and get it after that

jk999

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 05:32:22 pm »
One nurse and one paramedic has been evicted by landlords because they are scared of catching coronovirus, landlords want to be named and shamed for doing that

John Mart

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 05:42:37 pm »
I also think that those of us with mortgages are the lucky ones; if things get tough we can take mortgage holidays.

I feel most for the people who rent; I don't think enough has been done for them.  So they can't get evicted during the corvid-19 crisis, but so what?  They can after.  Of course they can speak with their landlords and arrange some kind of pay-back scheme if they fall behind in their payments, but again, so what?  And what about other payments they've fallen behind on?

I think Slacky posted that a third of the UK don't have more than £100 in savings.

Tough times ahead for a large part of our population, whilst many others - looking at my facebook feed - are thoroughly enjoying being off work, getting paid, and one is spending the time learning how to do free-standing handstands.
It’ll be next year before they are evicted and I expect most landlords will come to an arrangement with tenants if they are good tenants. More worrying for tenants but I reckon it’ll mostly be ok.

davids3511

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 05:47:08 pm »
One nurse and one paramedic has been evicted by landlords because they are scared of catching coronovirus, landlords want to be named and shamed for doing that
I read that, just awful behaviour.