Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Re: GoCardless are increasing fees from Feb
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2019, 01:20:13 pm »
IF soupy is right, and they are still the cheapest in this area. Then it is very unlikely that they will do a you turn on this.

When i put my older prices up by a considerable amount, i honestly didnt care if I lost half of them as my expansion into new villages with much higher prices, im still making good money and still increasing.   Weve all said it and done it!  This company is doing just that on a different level and lets face it, as annoying as it may be,,,, we would gladly be in their shoes
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2019, 02:28:14 pm »
You’re probably right but I’m still gonna hang fire. Not push it. Gonna keep most on bacs for now. Review it in the spring with price rises. I need to review a few things with my business. Employee has bumped a van & I’ve dumped half a dozen custys this week due to dog poop.

NWH

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2019, 04:32:41 pm »
I asked a customer today of mine what they thought about the prospect of going over to something like gocardless,the first thing she said to me was that the old gardening contractors used to use this process for payment and she would never use it again.
Apparently he was taking money on a monthly basis from there company account the only trouble was he was invoicing them for whatever he fancied,he was billing them for 30 hours a month trouble was a lot of those months he was only there with his lads for 20 of em lol

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2019, 04:47:34 pm »
I asked a customer today of mine what they thought about the prospect of going over to something like gocardless,the first thing she said to me was that the old gardening contractors used to use this process for payment and she would never use it again.
Apparently he was taking money on a monthly basis from there company account the only trouble was he was invoicing them for whatever he fancied,he was billing them for 30 hours a month trouble was a lot of those months he was only there with his lads for 20 of em lol

More fool the customer then as there is a saftey net for that activity.  The customer would have been emailed each time a payment was taken given them the opportunity of cancelling it before it left their account. 
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

NWH

« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2019, 04:52:09 pm »
The customer was emailed yes correct to the office,she told me that we are not here all the time we don’t know that they have definitely done 30 hours we haven’t got time to check up every month and we shouldn’t have to.
She said we pay you online and that’s fine but as far as letting people have control of activating payments it’s not happening again.

Smudger

« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2019, 05:24:11 pm »
if the customer is not always there I doubt the payment method really mattered
The guy sounds like a chancer 🤔

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2019, 05:31:37 pm »
He was doing it for ages she couldn’t say how long,he was invoicing her for bringing separate bits of equipment to the job say £20 for the use of his ladder or a scarifyer etc on top of the hours debited.

nathankaye

« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2019, 06:35:49 pm »
Lools like your just trying to find reasons/excuses not to use it.
If it aint for you, just man up and say it,  its ok, we dont bite
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2019, 06:39:15 pm »
Exactly the same thing will happen with spotless & cleaner planner. Get you hooked so your business depends on it and then slowly start increasing the prices

Martin Lane

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2019, 07:14:40 pm »
Would be happy to  pay more for cleaner planner if asked, used to do everything  with pen and paper, used to spend £100 plus a month on stamps for commercial jobs  and loads of hours folding and putting in envelopes,  now all emailed straight from the planner 

Shrek

« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2019, 09:19:43 pm »
Would be happy to  pay more for cleaner planner if asked, used to do everything  with pen and paper, used to spend £100 plus a month on stamps for commercial jobs  and loads of hours folding and putting in envelopes,  now all emailed straight from the planner

I’m sure email has been around for many years 🤦‍♂️. Iv used an invoice from excel emailed over to commercial for years no issues, no cost, no stamps lol 😂

dazmond

« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2019, 09:52:34 pm »
Exactly the same thing will happen with spotless & cleaner planner. Get you hooked so your business depends on it and then slowly start increasing the prices

mines gone down...it used to be £18 a month for CP .....now its £15.... :)
price higher/work harder!

Sean Dyer

« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2019, 10:27:10 pm »
Sending a txt reminder takes the same amount of time as it does logging into your go card less and clicking a few buttons. It’s hardly costing you any more money so I don’t know how you work that one out

try sending text reminders and sifting through a bank account to find out who has paid and who hasn't to 3000+ customers vs a couple of clicks and money is collected, like I said its a big difference with being a sole trader vs someone running a business

this is why gocardless is charging, they know its  a service the businesses need...

like Dazmond im usually owed somewhere between 4-5 days money , because im always increasing the debt list by going to work !.. if i didnt work for a week or two the list would be alot shorter

im not going to pay 1% plus 20p a customer , which would average around £5 a day for me £100 a month , £1200 a year plus 1% is more like a cost of £1500-1700 a year to me to use gocardless (if everyone was on it)

vs the way i do it now where 90% of people pay straight up the rest come in over a week or two and very occasionally i send a text.

Shrek

« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2019, 10:29:46 pm »
It’s not a no brainer though on a larger scale. It’s cheaper to employ someone or give overtime to chase payments/ look who’s paid etc

nathankaye

« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2019, 11:56:07 pm »
If your fortunate to have customers who pay via BACs and relatively on time, then that's absolutely fantastic and obviously GoCardless is not for you.
However, for the not so fortunate ones, GoCardless was/is a viable option.
For the larger companies, they have to decide whether the extra cost can be absorbed by the business in other ways etc but Im sure theybwould conclude that D/D is a needed part of their business! A necessity even!

Lol, we all have costs which we would sooner not have, especially on facebook with people moaning at the cost of resin or brushes etc etc.  Yet, its a needed part of the business
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2019, 08:02:05 am »
It’s not needed for my business though Nathan,or yours m8 you are inciting costs you don’t need to.
You do it because you know you can activate a payment when you want to,a good enough relationship with the customer with maybe a quick text to remind is all that is needed,be different if you have 1000s of customers

nathankaye

« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2019, 08:27:23 am »
I used to carry over near on 3 - 500 of unpaid bills per month.  Now I dont and at a small cost for me to do so but that cost is far less than the money I didnt receive each month.  Therefore, thats a good thing for me.

Ive tried all sorts of payment options over the years and most require me to chase up payment. Or its checking my paypal account to see whos paid and then my account to tick off all the references. Followed by workingbout who hasnt paid and sending text reminders.   
Yet now, I send my texts out the night before (a pre typed message and just tag in the relevent customers), go clean all the windows without worry of locked gates and no need to post a window cleaned slip. Then before my journey home, jump on phone and process that days payments. Go home to be with family knowing I dont have to chase debts and relax 😁
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2019, 09:01:43 am »

More fool the customer then as there is a saftey net for that activity.  The customer would have been emailed each time a payment was taken given them the opportunity of cancelling it before it left their account.

If that's the case then how does it stop messers ?

nathankaye

« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2019, 09:11:04 am »

If that's the case then how does it stop messers ?

Not everybody checks their emails on a daily basis  ;D  ;D hence the mandatory xmas bonus being applied in december 😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2019, 10:59:18 am »
If you're being serious then I think you’re bang out of order with that one Nathan.