This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

GoCardless are increasing fees from Feb
« on: November 25, 2019, 11:53:04 am »
Just had an email about their fee increases.  They now intend to charge a flat 20p fee per transaction plus the usual rate.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

nathankaye

Re: Go cardles are increasing fees from Feb
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 12:07:26 pm »
Just had an email about their fee increases.  They now intend to charge a flat 20p fee per transaction plus the usual rate.

Same old same old. Get people hooked and then stick a fee on and hope they stay
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 12:15:24 pm »

Yea, bit like window cleaners.

NWH

Re: GoCardless are increasing fees from Feb
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 12:16:27 pm »
Lol massive increase over a whole company’s work or round,saying that if you have a business account you still get charged more than that per cheque though I’m 95% online and that’s 30p per transaction

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 12:21:04 pm »

True!  Perhaps we should all charge a standing fee and then charge for windows on top. As this would be the equivalent of whats happening here!

However, this is done in december to all gocardless customers, hence a fine xmass bonus  ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 12:42:54 pm »
I would ease up on the charging there’s a few people out there twitching about money at the moment,putting prices up as well as the charge for the transaction wouldn’t go down well with most I’d put the cost into the increase and not mention it if I were to increase.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 06:36:54 pm »

i dont see the point in offering gocardless unless your employing......bank transfer is free,paying in cheques is free,standing orders are free,the only charges i get are for card payments and that works out at 17p per £10.....i dont have that many now that pay with card as ive managed to get most to move over to BACS payments.....
price higher/work harder!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 06:55:21 pm »
I’ve just explained it all to my franchisees as I have various guys on various tariffs with GoCardless, including myself.

There are pro’s and con’s for GoCardless but on the whole I’ve been using it for over 5 years and it’s fantastic and completely transformed my business.

Next year I will be looking into centralised banking to make moving customers about even easier.

In reality it’s going to cost my guys maybe £1 to £3 more per day but I’m already thinking of adding on 50p now to GC customers. I did away with 50ps years ago but last year I bought a small company and that had 50ps on the books but with GC it ain’t a faff plus it allows for some easier price increases I think.

On the whole nobody here is fussed and it’s literally a few quid each week, until we compensate for the increase.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 06:57:10 pm »

i dont see the point in offering gocardless unless your employing......bank transfer is free,paying in cheques is free,standing orders are free,the only charges i get are for card payments and that works out at 17p per £10.....i dont have that many now that pay with card as ive managed to get most to move over to BACS payments.....

Getting all customers on go cardless simplifies your business. Means you’ve got more free time. Means you get paid on time. Makes it easier to audit and bookkeeping, makes it easier to raise prices.

Anything that simplifies your business and saves you time is good. Or just makes your life easier.

Just adding it as another payment option does none of those things.

You get the real benefit when you make everyone pay you by DD

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Slacky

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 07:19:20 pm »

True!  Perhaps we should all charge a standing fee and then charge for windows on top. As this would be the equivalent of whats happening here!

However, this is done in december to all gocardless customers, hence a fine xmass bonus  ;D ;D

We all do, or should do if you don't. Don't you have a minimum charge? Then add varying amounts on top? I do.

nathankaye

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 07:40:51 pm »
Yes, but thats not what im refering to.
The min charge etc is for cleaning the windows. I mean a sur charge for simply hiring me. So, since i have to spell it out, ie
£2 for subscribing me on a 4 wkly basis and £15 for cleaning your windows.

Or like most cable companies charging a connection fee plus price of the phone call on top etc.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

hank jr

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 08:47:21 pm »

That's what I do too. Cash, bank transfer, cheque.

I wouldn't pay for that go card less. Another example of corporate greed.

Who's working for who???

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2019, 09:00:24 pm »
It was inevitable.

That's put me off pushing it to be honest.

It's not a massive amount but is worrying you are at the mercy of go card less when they increase again and again.

I think I'll only offer go cardless to slow payers going forward.

Or just factor it in to all new quotes.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2019, 09:45:49 pm »
as a sole trader if your debt list is normally running at  20%-30% of your monthly income(which mine is)and you re financially stable(not living hand to mouth)then there is absolutely no need for gocardless.......the money comes in eventually,no worries....as for sending text reminders for payment,i only have to text a handful every month!(5-10 jobs usually)the rest pay me within a few weeks or i catch them next time....

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2019, 10:00:36 pm »
as a sole trader if your debt list is normally running at  20%-30% of your monthly income(which mine is)and you re financially stable(not living hand to mouth)then there is absolutely no need for gocardless.......the money comes in eventually,no worries....as for sending text reminders for payment,i only have to text a handful every month!(5-10 jobs usually)the rest pay me within a few weeks or i catch them next time....

yeh if you're not wanting to grow, and dont mind spending some time on collecting or bookkeeping there's less value to it.

for me, trying to grow a portable scalable business, its amazing.

each to their own
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2019, 10:33:23 pm »

Sadly carrying debt over is hand n glove with running any business. However, paying a small %age per transaction means you cut down that debt by a considerable amount.  It could also be argued that it isnt a cost but as a saving to some who might hit financial difficulties if they didnt receive payment until much later.

Bacs is all very good, providing the customer sets it up as a standing order (which 80% of the odd few I have, have done so). If not I bet you have to chase these ones back daz, unless your that laid back your almost laying down  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2019, 08:15:13 am »

Sadly carrying debt over is hand n glove with running any business. However, paying a small %age per transaction means you cut down that debt by a considerable amount.  It could also be argued that it isnt a cost but as a saving to some who might hit financial difficulties if they didnt receive payment until much later.

Bacs is all very good, providing the customer sets it up as a standing order (which 80% of the odd few I have, have done so). If not I bet you have to chase these ones back daz, unless your that laid back your almost laying down  ;D

Most BACS paying customers are NOT standing orders and most pay within 14 days(as stipulated on my tickets)without a reminder.its highly unlikely I'll ever be in a position where I need the £500-£1500 outstanding on my debt list right away......even if I did I have a credit card with a £8600 limit... ;D

Scrimble

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2019, 11:12:25 am »
That's the difference between those who are just working it as a job to those who are running a business, time is more valuable,

Dazmond I prob clean 10x more than you and I have a debt amount of a 3rd of yours, its been said time and time again get everyone on gocardless but it falls on deaf ears,

accept bacs and cheques to save a few pennys but it will cost you far more in time wasted chasing debts

Shrek

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2019, 11:38:47 am »
Sending a txt reminder takes the same amount of time as it does logging into your go card less and clicking a few buttons. It’s hardly costing you any more money so I don’t know how you work that one out

Scrimble

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2019, 12:01:57 pm »
Sending a txt reminder takes the same amount of time as it does logging into your go card less and clicking a few buttons. It’s hardly costing you any more money so I don’t know how you work that one out

try sending text reminders and sifting through a bank account to find out who has paid and who hasn't to 3000+ customers vs a couple of clicks and money is collected, like I said its a big difference with being a sole trader vs someone running a business