Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spotfree

Re: Hot water again
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2019, 06:19:36 pm »
My tariff with N power is 15p day and night it is 7.5p. That's from midnight till 7 am.

Thats a big difference, economy 7 tarrif is that?

Cheers

nathankaye

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2019, 09:45:24 pm »
My tariff with N power is 15p day and night it is 7.5p. That's from midnight till 7 am.

Thats a big difference, economy 7 tarrif is that?

Cheers

Possibly lol, I'll have to have a check on its name. I just remember the prices
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2019, 07:43:01 am »
Looking around online I would need another 1kw to make 4 kw and run that for roughly 12 hours to reach around 60 degrees.

My average pence per kilowatt price is 15p, so that equates to £7.20 per night for 60 degrees hot water.

Not sure I want to pay that.

it costs me around £5 a day to run my diesel heater for 5-6 hours a day.once the initial cost of the heater is paid for then your laughing......i think your mad not to have a decent hot water system working on the coast,itll make your working day easier for sure......

if its true that your in the £60-£65k a year turnover bracket you should be easily able to afford a professionally fitted 9kw diesel heater,plus its tax deductible too....
price higher/work harder!

Spotfree

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2019, 08:52:25 am »
Looking around online I would need another 1kw to make 4 kw and run that for roughly 12 hours to reach around 60 degrees.

My average pence per kilowatt price is 15p, so that equates to £7.20 per night for 60 degrees hot water.

it costs me around £5 a day to run my diesel heater for 5-6 hours a day.once the initial cost of the heater is paid for then your laughing......i think your mad not to have a decent hot water system working on the coast,itll make your working day easier for sure......

if its true that your in the £60-£65k a year turnover bracket you should be easily able to afford a professionally fitted 9kw diesel heater,plus its tax deductible too....

I could buy one outright today, but the price for hot water is high that way. I'm going to speak to my energy provider today and see if I cant get the economy 7 tariff.

If I upgrade my immersion heater for £50 or less, I can have a tank of steaming hot water for around £3.50-£4.00 including frost protection with only pennies spent.

Your system looks great Daz, I do want one of them but Its simply overpriced for what it is and I can't bring myself to do it. I work hard to bring home the dough, but 2 kids and a mortgage etc...

P @ F

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2019, 09:36:42 am »
I have one and I’m on my arse !
Although mine doesn’t have the posh badge on it  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Spotfree

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2019, 03:08:14 pm »
I have one and I’m on my arse !
Although mine doesn’t have the posh badge on it  ;D

Ah yes, but you figured out how to make one yourself. I don't think I have the capacity for that.

P @ F

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2019, 04:55:42 pm »
Just been shopping for parts for an easier build and more compact design , supplying these may not be too far away  ;D

Shrek

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2019, 05:15:39 pm »
Just been shopping for parts for an easier build and more compact design , supplying these may not be too far away  ;D

Put me on the waiting list  :D

Spotfree

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2019, 05:17:48 pm »
x2

Dry Clean

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2019, 05:26:46 pm »

I could buy one outright today, but the price for hot water is high that way. I'm going to speak to my energy provider today and see if I cant get the economy 7 tariff.

If I upgrade my immersion heater for £50 or less, I can have a tank of steaming hot water for around £3.50-£4.00 including frost protection with only pennies spent.

Your system looks great Daz, I do want one of them but Its simply overpriced for what it is and I can't bring myself to do it. I work hard to bring home the dough, but 2 kids and a mortgage etc...

As the standing charge and day rates are a lot higher on economy 7 it can be a false economy, unless using large amounts it can actually cost more than a normal tariff, you also need to remember if you claim business expenses on this electric then you need to pay the full 20% vat on it.

Dry Clean

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2019, 05:38:20 pm »

Its because deep down you know its a folly that wont pay its way, if it did Grippa would have a waiting list as long as your arm and most names on here on here including my own would be on it.
As business people if somethings going to make us more money for less work we find a way to fund it.

dazmond

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2019, 06:40:55 pm »

if you go for the 2 man grippa hot system with 2 pumps you would be able to turn off the heater at lunchtime as the water will be piping hot in your 650L tank....

but its up to you mate....yes its an expensive bit of kit but its quality.....dont forget you dont just get the 9kw heater,it comes with the controller,smart split charge relay,2 x heavy duty 105ah  numax batteries,frost stat feature and of course fitting......if you go vat registered in the future you can claim the vat back(£750 of the price of the heater was vat).....
price higher/work harder!

Spotfree

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2019, 07:30:29 pm »

Its because deep down you know its a folly that wont pay its way, if it did Grippa would have a waiting list as long as your arm and most names on here on here including my own would be on it.
As business people if somethings going to make us more money for less work we find a way to fund it.

Well this hot water debate has been making me think, I see it like this, it's not whether it's effective or not but more like is it necessary for us?

It's obvious we all have different beliefs, and hot water is more relevant in some areas than others. I'm wondering if it might make my work a little easier here and there as I'm coastal and rural. Some parts are a real pain even on a 4 weekly basis. Snail trails, seagull muck, bug spots, spider webs, and all that nice stuff are more the rule than the exception.

I do want to try some 60-degree water on the bad parts of my round and see if makes it even slightly easier, some areas I won't even bother as it couldn't get any easier than it already is.

The way I see it is I'm 41 this week on Saturday, Friday night I'm going to the physio for knee pain this time. I'm no slouch or wimp but I do believe I need to think about the next 20 years of work (if it gets that far) and look after my body, I've 2 younguns.

The easier the better I say, life gives us enough challenges, keep some energy for something else.

Dry Clean

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2019, 09:10:27 pm »

Well this hot water debate has been making me think, I see it like this, it's not whether it's effective or not but more like is it necessary for us?

It's obvious we all have different beliefs, and hot water is more relevant in some areas than others. I'm wondering if it might make my work a little easier here and there as I'm coastal and rural. Some parts are a real pain even on a 4 weekly basis. Snail trails, seagull muck, bug spots, spider webs, and all that nice stuff are more the rule than the exception.

I do want to try some 60-degree water on the bad parts of my round and see if makes it even slightly easier, some areas I won't even bother as it couldn't get any easier than it already is.

The way I see it is I'm 41 this week on Saturday, Friday night I'm going to the physio for knee pain this time. I'm no slouch or wimp but I do believe I need to think about the next 20 years of work (if it gets that far) and look after my body, I've 2 younguns.

The easier the better I say, life gives us enough challenges, keep some energy for something else.
Beliefs have nothing to do with it, I tried hot and found it made no difference to my quality or working day, you work on the coast so will have conditions that I didnt and dont have to deal with so cant say if it will benefit you or not.
To be fair when it comes to these nonsense threads I just like winding up Dazmond yes it does no it doesnt work, Jonny Vision is a game changer and NWH the only thing that beats parts per billion water in a free conny roof clean, only in window cleaning lol.

P @ F

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2019, 10:22:50 pm »
I must be the only diesel user that didn’t get slated there  ;D

Dry clean , you say you used hot , did you not even see a benefit on first cleans , you know , the grotty green ones ?

Jonny 87

« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2019, 07:34:53 am »

Dry clean , you say you used hot , did you not even see a benefit on first cleans , you know , the grotty green ones ?

Course not!

Sean only needs 100 litres of pure water a day, out the back of a car, cold water, one brush to do everything, and a fibreglass pole to reach perfect standards of cleaning, he has 5 star reviews and his customers give him cups of tea at the start, middle, and end of each job he does.

He’s what we all aspire to be. We just haven’t realised it yet.

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dry Clean

« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2019, 08:23:53 am »

Course not!

Sean only needs 100 litres of pure water a day, out the back of a car, cold water, one brush to do everything, and a fibreglass pole to reach perfect standards of cleaning, he has 5 star reviews and his customers give him cups of tea at the start, middle, and end of each job he does.

;D

Iv had a new van and ready build system from day one,  I could have done it a lot cheaper but for me it was mony well spent, like you Iv also wasted money on nonsense, a Dragonfly indoor kit and an overpriced  £2k gutter vac complete with 48feet worth of alloy poles to name but a few, but unlike you I learn from my mistakes.
Explain again, if Vision was doing what hot can do why do you now need hot ?

Dry Clean

« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2019, 08:32:07 am »

I used a 9kw gas heater, there was a slight difference in speed on grotty gutters/fascias but I still needed to spray them with a chemical or the hot on its own would have been slower. there was no difference in removing ingrained stains and so on.

Dry Clean

« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2019, 08:40:20 am »
That's because you know that there are plenty of fools with money to burn and want to line your pockets with some of it, It the same with Vision, you can slate the product and the fools who buy it  but you have to take your hat off to Kempy for realising he could make money from it.

Jonny 87

« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2019, 10:42:19 am »

Course not!

;D

Iv had a new van and ready build system from day one,  I could have done it a lot cheaper but for me it was mony well spent, like you Iv also wasted money on nonsense, a Dragonfly indoor kit and an overpriced  £2k gutter vac complete with 48feet worth of alloy poles to name but a few, but unlike you I learn from my mistakes.
Explain again, if Vision was doing what hot can do why do you now need hot ?

You say that.........but I’ve never seen a picture of your set up, or a picture/video of you working like many of us on here have shown. You offer nothing of any contribution or help on here.  Care to prove me wrong?

Your just a troll Sean, who likes to constantly try to prove that your way is the best way, and your working at maximum efficiency and anyone else who tries to make improvements are stupid because they do things different to you.

Have you seen how many hot water setups grippatank are doing these days? They can hardly keep up with the demand. that should say it all
Really. Having hot water isn’t some kind of elite setup, it’s very affordable, when you consider it’s going to last you 10 plus years if you look after it.

When did I say vision additive replaced hot water use? I still Use Vision additive to this day, I just use a tweaked version that suits my needs better and to work along with the hot water. I’ve no invested interest  in vision anymore, Kempy took it all on, and is doing very well from it with many happy customers.

Sorry for the “rant” sounding post, but from
Time to time all the other newbies on the forum need to see you for what you are.

Its a shame you push many away from
this forum with your constant need for drama though.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher