Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spotfree

Re: Hot water again
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2019, 11:35:10 am »
itll soon be winter lads...... ;D

another point about hot water....customers are really impressed with it esp in the colder months when the steam is coming off your brush,it looks great......and adds a bit of warm comfort on a cold dull working day.....

A bit like this:
https://youtu.be/v0CeiiO5qoM

But also lads, as Sean keeps harping about, yes you can do just as good with cold water but how much effort does it require?  We've all had that stubborn bird poop that you need to soak and come back to. Or the pollen/tree sap/insect poop which needs a good scrub to come off and yes it eventually does. Yet guess what, no such effort is needed when you use hot water, just a couple of passes and it's off.
What kind of temps are you getting Nathan? In the tank and at the brush?

I have a 3kw in 650 ltr but would look to add more kw's, what temp do you need to be to make a difference mate?

Stoots

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2019, 11:44:43 am »

Sure hot might clean a bit faster on certain marks but the running costs far out weight the benefits.

As for keeping the van an hoses frost free that can be done with a simple immersion at a fraction of the cost of a diesel heater

Stoots

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2019, 11:48:40 am »

another point about hot water....customers are really impressed with it esp in the colder months when the steam is coming off your brush,it looks great......and adds a bit of warm comfort on a cold dull working day.....

A bit like this:

But also lads, as Sean keeps harping about, yes you can do just as good with cold water but how much effort does it require?  We've all had that stubborn bird poop that you need to soak and come back to. Or the pollen/tree sap/insect poop which needs a good scrub to come off and yes it eventually does. Yet guess what, no such effort is needed when you use hot water, just a couple of passes and it's off.

Again though, how many marks or stubborn stains per week do you come across and how much time do you save per bird poo ?

Let's say it's 20 bird poos/marks a week at 10 seconds per poo so 3 mins 20 seconds saved a week.

And hot water costs how much a week even using just an immersion?

I could save 3 mins by cleaning windows and not posting this whilst eating my lunch.

NWH

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2019, 11:53:28 am »
It’s not just that Nathan if you go inside and see some of the windows you’ll see the difference between the 2,from the ground they look spotless but with some dirty windows and they all get dirtier than they once did these days due to pollution and more traffic around with cold sometimes you can see bits or sections of the window that get missed.
It’s the 🐝 spots and spiders in the corners that clean up easier and better as well as frames,it’s not a debate it’s fact.

P @ F

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2019, 12:11:53 pm »
My diesel heater costs about £2 a day to run , it’s so little I don’t worry about it and run it full time .
I don’t think that I would buy a Grippa or PF one to be honest , don’t think I could justify the outlay and running cost , for me it’s a comfort thing that gets rid of snail trails quicker and that’s it !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

nathankaye

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2019, 12:25:09 pm »
This is the point though isn't it, being able to justify the running cost of hot water in relation to the profit being made.
Granted, I wouldn't want to spend a couple of grand on a hot water system, but that's because I'm not in a position to justify such a spend with everything else going on in my life.  However, if these circumstances were different, then perhaps I would. Its save and you have the option to run it or not, being job specific.

I wouldn't use the gas option, just for the variable things that could change an explosion, which is more realistic.

I've gone the immersion heater route, lol which is well documented on here (for ones to search, if they have any questions, I'm sure it's been covered).  The cost is very small, if you alter your tariff etc, as I have done so. (Again previously mentioned)   so it can be a cheap way of using hot water and if trying to justify a small expense, then you are even a tight fisted Yorkshire or a Scot 😁

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2019, 12:25:52 pm »

[/quote

What are they ? idiots, theres no way you would be putting hot water on my cold windows risking fractures and possibly reducing their lifespan, especially when I know  it isnt needed, thing is if I was your competition I would also be pointing that out to your customers.

Sean you really are a proper saddo arent you? ;D
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2019, 02:42:17 pm »
At 55-60 degrees you will see a big difference in drying times and cleaning results.

Dry Clean

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2019, 03:29:31 pm »

A bit like this:

What kind of temps are you getting Nathan? In the tank and at the brush?

I have a 3kw in 650 ltr but would look to add more kw's, what temp do you need to be to make a difference mate?

Not trying to rude Spot but Nathan K makes it up as he goes along and nothing he ever comes out with adds up, if your looking for decent immersion advice then Gold, Smudger and others are the ones to ask and listen to.

Dry Clean

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2019, 03:38:45 pm »
At 55-60 degrees you will see a big difference in drying times and cleaning results.

I don't get any quality complaints from customers infect the opposite or care about drying times, do I need hot ?

Dry Clean

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2019, 03:41:30 pm »

[/quote

What are they ? idiots, theres no way you would be putting hot water on my cold windows risking fractures and possibly reducing their lifespan, especially when I know  it isnt needed, thing is if I was your competition I would also be pointing that out to your customers.

Dazmond Iv no problem taking customers from shiners who haven't a clue what they're doing,  ruthless yes but sad no.

dazmond

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2019, 03:46:45 pm »

[/quote

Dazmond Iv no problem taking customers from shiners who haven't a clue what they're doing,  ruthless yes but sad no.

ive informed all my customers that you ll be on the way round sean to warn them about my hot water!......... ;D

your just like the trad shiners who try to convince all their customers wfp does a bad job! :P ;D
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2019, 04:06:51 pm »

[/quote

ive informed all my customers that you ll be on the way round sean to warn them about my hot water!......... ;D

your just like the trad shiners who try to convince all their customers wfp does a bad job! :P ;D
You dont get irony do you Dazmond. lol

Spotfree

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2019, 04:30:59 pm »
Looking around online I would need another 1kw to make 4 kw and run that for roughly 12 hours to reach around 60 degrees.

My average pence per kilowatt price is 15p, so that equates to £7.20 per night for 60 degrees hot water.

Not sure I want to pay that.

Spotfree

Dry Clean

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2019, 05:08:25 pm »
Looking around online I would need another 1kw to make 4 kw and run that for roughly 12 hours to reach around 60 degrees.

My average pence per kilowatt price is 15p, so that equates to £7.20 per night for 60 degrees hot water.

Running  a 4kw immersion for 12 hours non stop would even put upgraded home electrics under strain, it would certainly take a fairly heavy extension lead.

P @ F

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2019, 05:29:56 pm »

Blimey , £7.20 would do me 3.5 days with my diesel !

Spotfree

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2019, 05:40:32 pm »

Running  a 4kw immersion for 12 hours non stop would even put upgraded home electrics under strain, it would certainly take a fairly heavy extension lead.

The 3 kw I have has been done on a full 16a rig, the other 1 kw would be separate. Not sure I want to pay that in electric though.
 I can get to 45 degrees in around 10 hours on my 3kw set up as it is, not sure by the time it gets to the brush head its going to be any more than frost protection.

nathankaye

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2019, 06:10:43 pm »
My tariff with N power is 15p day and night it is 7.5p. That's from midnight till 7 am. 
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2019, 06:11:30 pm »
I have found that in general I lose 1*c for each 10m of hose out .