Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Thanks Lee Pyror
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2019, 10:18:18 pm »
this is not about what you want to do its about having staff and what they can turnover for you (. this is different from profit )

Lee is defo in a better place then me if I were simply to do windows I would need 14 guys on the glass to break the 1 million turnover mark.

on my current business model a mix of windows and pressure washing I could hit a million with 8 guys ( this assumes the 1 off work rolls in at the same rate as this year )

this is the point of employing staff will and do work 40 hrs on the tools ( well mine do 30 or 35 hr weeks ) I personally don't work on the tools - not because I don't want to - health prevents its  :-[

By the way I will be at the show

Darran

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Lee Pryor

« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2019, 10:27:24 pm »
Looking forward to meeting you Darren
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Smudger

« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2019, 10:41:13 pm »
likewise - your paying for the first beer  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2019, 11:06:41 pm »
this is not about what you want to do its about having staff and what they can turnover for you (. this is different from profit )

Lee is defo in a better place then me if I were simply to do windows I would need 14 guys on the glass to break the 1 million turnover mark.

on my current business model a mix of windows and pressure washing I could hit a million with 8 guys ( this assumes the 1 off work rolls in at the same rate as this year )

this is the point of employing staff will and do work 40 hrs on the tools ( well mine do 30 or 35 hr weeks ) I personally don't work on the tools - not because I don't want to - health prevents its  :-[

By the way I will be at the show

Darran

Darran

So what profit would you have from that one million ? the point I made earlier which you ignored is if you work in an area where one man can do £85k to £95k  a year worth of work how much is it going to cost you in wages to keep him from going out on his own.
Back before Lee had his I'm leaving hissy fit I worked out that because of his reckless spending on advertising and other costs it would take years for him to break even, he couldnt dispute it with anything other than his usual hater reply, that said his guys where only doing £65k a year at that time so I suspect their £20k jump had something to do with my post. lol

Lee Pryor

« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2019, 12:04:39 am »
lol gold.

Truth is we make no money just as you say, Thats why Im on the dole. hmmmmmm?

CleanClear

« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2019, 12:18:57 am »
lol gold.

Truth is we make no money just as you say, Thats why Im on the dole. hmmmmmm?

I'd imagine you'll be entitled to quite a tidy sum in tax credits to keep you going for a while !!    ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

zesty

« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2019, 07:46:43 am »
Lee,

Genuine question - are you concerned by negative reviews on google?

It’s inevitable when cleaning so many houses that you’ll get them, but my concern would be when you have a lot of negative reviews, people may go else where and business would slow?

Clearly that hasn’t happened yet, but I noticed in my area the biggest company got lots of negative reviews and have recently sold the business as it started to implode.

Defo worth keeping an eye on, as more and more people are relying on reviews through google.

Having said that, I suppose you are able to bring in so much work elsewhere, that it’s doesn’t really matter - for the time being...

Hope your enjoying the m4 mate, we hired a 2 series convertible in Majorca a couple of weeks back, and I gotta say, even that was nice! Made me start looking around at BMW’s!

Take it easy mate.

james peters

« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2019, 07:46:59 am »
When it comes to window cleaning money is everything Dazmond, and there's not a guy on here including yourself who wouldn't do a 39 hour week if they could get £85k plus a year for doing it.

this statement is nonsense. like Daz , I have been doing this job for 27 years. I work 24 to 30 hours a week. I am very happy content and comfortable. I am still slowly improving my income by pricing higher on new work.
I have my daughter helping me during those hours  and she is happy too.
my partner also has a good job so we are comfortable.

Dry Clean

« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2019, 08:12:37 am »
When it comes to window cleaning money is everything Dazmond, and there's not a guy on here including yourself who wouldn't do a 39 hour week if they could get £85k plus a year for doing it.

this statement is nonsense. like Daz , I have been doing this job for 27 years. I work 24 to 30 hours a week. I am very happy content and comfortable. I am still slowly improving my income by pricing higher on new work.

I take it you're not doing £500 a day then ? don't be deluded, sitting at home when there's £500 to be had for 7 to 8 hours on the glass might not temp you but most people wouldn't think twice especially if still only means a 39 hour week which is an average working week.

To be fair James my post is more a poke at Dazmond so don't take it too seriously, not joking for him to be where he claims to be now he would have needed to up his prices at least once a week and have dumped about 300 or more customers since getting his hot system. 

dazmond

« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2019, 08:23:07 am »

likewise.....once you reach a certain level of income where you can easily pay your bills/outgoings,save some and afford to go on a few nice holidays a year,decent van and equipment,nice car to drive when your not working then you dont need anymore money....

the extra hours spent working are not worth it once you reach a comfortable level of income IMO.....

sean if you offered me £500 to work a full day window cleaning tomorrow id decline....seriously!i value my time off (more than money)...
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2019, 08:36:44 am »
I wouldn’t, I’d work it then take the next day off!!!

Work smarter Dazmond - remember?

Dry Clean

« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2019, 08:39:33 am »

likewise.....once you reach a certain level of income where you can easily pay your bills/outgoings,save some and afford to go on a few nice holidays a year,decent van and equipment,nice car to drive when your not working then you dont need anymore money....

the extra hours spent working are not worth it once you reach a comfortable level of income IMO.....

sean if you offered me £500 to work a full day window cleaning tomorrow id decline....seriously!i value my time off (more than money)...

Don't talk nonsense, you have said on here many times that you do add on jobs if the price is right, would these not eat into your valuable time ? Dazmond  bit of advice, to be a good BS'er you need a good memory.

dazmond

« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2019, 08:44:00 am »
I wouldn’t, I’d work it then take the next day off!!

after today i will have worked around 24 hours this week mon-fri Dave......thats enough.....im lazy these days and no interest in working longer hours.....

Dry Clean

« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2019, 08:46:27 am »

The joke is that's how most self employed guys or even employed would look at it, make money/work while you can so that one day you wont have to, the problem is because of need and greed that day when you don't have to never seems to arrive.

dazmond

« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2019, 08:49:53 am »

Don't talk nonsense, you have said on here many times that you do add on jobs if the price is right, would these not eat into your valuable time ? Dazmond  bit of advice, to be a good BS'er you need a good memory.

i dont do many add ons these days sean,most customers wont accept the price even though i dont consider myself to be mega expensive.....if i do i usually fit them in on my window cleaning days.....

Dry Clean

« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2019, 08:54:20 am »

i dont do many add ons these days sean,most customers wont accept the price even though i dont consider myself to be mega expensive.....if i do i usually fit them in on my window cleaning days.....

But you would still do them if the customers would accept your price, do you see where I'm going with this.

Jonny 87

« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2019, 09:05:22 am »

after today i will have worked around 24 hours this week mon-fri Dave......thats enough.....im lazy these days and no interest in working longer hours.....

Mate I really don’t understand that way of working. I know a few others who do the same kind of thing as you though. I’m 32 this year so still (relatively ) young, but I’m Monday to Friday 8-5 ish, I always have weekends off though. If I was you, and doing say 24 hours a week, why not fit that into 3 full working days, and take two full Days off a week?

A 4 day weekend, and still a great income. Rather than spreading your work out through the whole week.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dry Clean

« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2019, 09:16:32 am »

Mate I really don’t understand that way of working. I know a few others who do the same kind you. I’m 32 this year so still (relatively ) young, but I’m Monday to Friday 8-5 ish, I always have weekends off though. If I was you, and doing say 24 hours a week, why not fit that into 3 full working days, and take two full Days off a week?

A 5 day weekend, and still a great income. Rather than spreading your work out through the whole week.

Jonny take it with a pinch of salt, when I was doing part time hours it was because I couldn't stand to go out and clean, hated the job, Dazmond has made it very clear on here that he loves window cleaning, I would say he's is doing the same hours he has always done its just a better brag to say you make x doing part time work.

Dave Willis

« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2019, 09:22:06 am »
Thing is, this forum has more pork pies flying around than a food fight in a Sainsburys pie isle.

Dazmond only counts hours on the glass. His earnings climb every post and yet in real terms he hasn’t had a pay rise in a number of years - the last one was for customers to pay for the van and hot system. Cleaners local to me ‘live the lifestyle’ mostly because they are crap and don’t have enough work.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #139 on: July 05, 2019, 10:33:06 am »
Lee,

Genuine question - are you concerned by negative reviews on google?

It’s inevitable when cleaning so many houses that you’ll get them, but my concern would be when you have a lot of negative reviews, people may go else where and business would slow?

Clearly that hasn’t happened yet, but I noticed in my area the biggest company got lots of negative reviews and have recently sold the business as it started to implode.

Defo worth keeping an eye on, as more and more people are relying on reviews through google.

Having said that, I suppose you are able to bring in so much work elsewhere, that it’s doesn’t really matter - for the time being...

Hope your enjoying the m4 mate, we hired a 2 series convertible in Majorca a couple of weeks back, and I gotta say, even that was nice! Made me start looking around at BMW’s!

Take it easy mate.

I have answered this a few times, but fair question.

We actually dont have loads and loads of bad reviews, its a handful from messers and time wasters that messed us around and we stood up to them so that's what they then go and do.

I call it the trip advisor effect. You go to the most amazing hotel and have a great time but theres always someone on trip advisor giving a terrible review. Come on people we all deal with the public here we should all know how that can be.

Look at it this way, We are doing 50,000 cleans a year for a customer base of 6000 homes. We are the largest non franchised residential window cleaners in the south. A few d..k heads that tried not to pay, or turned us away at a door or screamed and shouted down the phone to us wont worry me. Most people with a brain can read between lines and realise theres always another side. I mean for god sake all were doing is cleaning peoples windows for a trivial amount of money and if they are not happy we re do it free. What more can you do?