This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Taberner

Re: Thanks Lee Pyror
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2019, 02:24:33 pm »

Wow!

Who knew that this forum was not only window cleaners but psychologists to! Making very insulting mental health diagnosis of someone they have never met.

Gentlemen can we please try to get passed the moving in with parents thing, that was over 3 years ago and was for just 1 month until I got my own house again. I did that to speed up the sale of my house by being the end of the chain so I could get my money out quicker. Anyone that thinks what ive done is easy just because I sold a house and threw in a load of money is a special kind of stupid. You have no idea what it has taken and money is just 1 piece of a big picture. its been very hard work and very difficult from many angles.

I do spend hours on the phone helping people and do not charge anyone for that, They are like minded people that contaact me. Its very hard to help anyone on here because the moment I say anything the usual people are all over it.

I will welcome anyone that wants to talk to me at the show and I will respect anyone on here that wants to insult me to my face.

As I have said before... Dont like me? Stay away then. Problem solved.

For those that do want to achieve more, I welcome converstaions that might help them passed a hurdle. Those people can feel free to call my office anytime or see me at the show. 

Visit our site for contact details www.pryors-uk.com I will always make time for like minded people.

Hey Lee,

I’ve not been active on here for a while and I’ve just spent a short while catching up on all of this hating,

I think you’ve done really well mate. Well done.

Dean

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2019, 03:18:12 pm »
I think you will find purple rhino turn over about 3.5 million with 10 guys , I accept they are doing building cleaning rather than windows but that’s not a bad return

Smudger

« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2019, 03:51:05 pm »
Turnover is vanity

Profit is sanity

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2019, 04:05:54 pm »
Turnover is vanity

Profit is sanity

Darran

Totally agree with you but the profit margins Darren makes I think you will find are very high , 😂😂

Smudger

« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2019, 04:38:41 pm »
You could be right - however pr is not a window cleaning company

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Slacky

« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2019, 05:15:54 pm »
One wise business decision based on it being an easy option doesn't make you an expert/Guru, like I said its his delusions that we knock, nothing more.

So what would Mr Pryor have to have done in a business sense for him to gain your approval Ewan?
Firstly the fact that you feel the need to tar me with the reputation of another member must mean my that my actual reputation mustn't be that bad so thanks for the compliment, that said I do suspect that Ewan was just another guy who didn't fall for your lies and BS so not actually that bad either.

But you are Ewan.

Dry Clean

« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2019, 05:41:33 pm »
One wise business decision based on it being an easy option doesn't make you an expert/Guru, like I said its his delusions that we knock, nothing more.

So what would Mr Pryor have to have done in a business sense for him to gain your approval Ewan?
Firstly the fact that you feel the need to tar me with the reputation of another member must mean my that my actual reputation mustn't be that bad so thanks for the compliment, that said I do suspect that Ewan was just another guy who didn't fall for your lies and BS so not actually that bad either.

But you are Ewan.

Yawn,

Crystal-clear

« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2019, 05:45:18 pm »
Turnover is vanity

Profit is sanity

Darran
Definitely in fact he himself has never said how much money is actually making. And mentions he pays himself a normal salary probably up to the higher End threshold which is 50000 a year. Obviously he will pay himself more sometimes if you needs to and can which is the option.
The turnover is just one side meaning hes in demand it's all about profit

Ooooooog

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2019, 06:59:14 pm »
Turnover is vanity

Profit is sanity

Darran

Boom.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2019, 08:00:17 pm »
I would like to say  a big thanks to Lee for doing a talk at this year show

20 min Talk - 10 min Q &A

Pryor’s Window Cleaning was started by Lee Pryor after being made redundant for the second time in 2 years. The business was literally started with a bucket, ladder, £99 roof rack from Halfords and a Honda Civic his Nan very kindly gave him for free. Lee went out day after day knocking on doors and delivering homemade leaflets offering his service
   http://www.cleaningexpouk.co.uk/seminars

Pryor. Not Pyror.  ::)roll ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Dave Willis

« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2019, 10:04:03 pm »
Oh Lordy! Lee cleans widows according to his website. Guess that’s a dying trade.
Mind you I quite fancy that Scottish Widow that floats around on the advert in the black cape.

Dry Clean

« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2019, 12:04:27 pm »
I doubt anyone would make your life difficult - I was trying to get a handle on whether or not you could hit a million turnover with 12 guys

I'd have to number crunch on what I currently have - not straightforward as we do so many other services and I e just had a kidney biopsy so stuck lying on me  back  with just the mobile

Darran
I dont see why you need to number crunch, to hit the one million mark with twelve guys they would each need to be knocking out over £80k a year, that would mean I would need to working in an area where I could knock out £90k or more on my own, how many nationwide would get close to that ?
The bigger question would be in an area where you could make £90k a year cleaning windows on your own what would it take in employee wages to keep them onboard ? I suspect that this would be the main reason why a lot of the guys in these sort of areas tend to go down the franchise route.

Smudger

« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2019, 12:14:29 pm »
I would need to number crunch - because Lee's figures are predominantly window cleaning - glass licking is now only 60% of what we do - other cleaning ( just like purple Rhino ) has far more earning per hour and per man

I would need to sit down and find several days for windows only and see what the turnover is then scale it up - looking at Lee's set prices we are similar but overall slightly lower on the smaller to mid size properties but more on larger stuff - also we are more rural, however Norwich is in easy reach which would provide higher yield once one got groups of compact work

in relation to Lee's set prices would you hit a million or not with 12 guys ?  - generally are your prices higher or lower ?

I think its a fair point for debate ...

Darran

Dean Taberner

« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2019, 02:18:18 pm »
It’s worth pointing out that 12 guys employed would amount to a total of at least 60 weeks paid holiday for the staff. Which in turn amounts to 1 of those guys always being off the tools with pay. Which means that 12 guys is only like having 11 guys working but you pay for 12. Which is a bit of a scary way of looking at it. That’s why I’m out of that game, because it only gets worse. Pensions, bad payers, bad staff, genuine illness, vehicle repair costs etc.

Dry Clean

« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2019, 02:28:23 pm »
It’s worth pointing out that 12 guys employed would amount to a total of at least 60 weeks paid holiday for the staff. Which in turn amounts to 1 of those guys always being off the tools with pay. Which means that 12 guys is only like having 11 guys working but you pay for 12. Which is a bit of a scary way of looking at it. That’s why I’m out of that game, because it only gets worse. Pensions, bad payers, bad staff, genuine illness, vehicle repair costs etc.
That's a good point, it also means that each employee then has to knock out over £90k worth of work for a one million turnover.

Dry Clean

« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2019, 02:50:52 pm »
I would need to number crunch - because Lee's figures are predominantly window cleaning - glass licking is now only 60% of what we do - other cleaning ( just like purple Rhino ) has far more earning per hour and per man

I would need to sit down and find several days for windows only and see what the turnover is then scale it up - looking at Lee's set prices we are similar but overall slightly lower on the smaller to mid size properties but more on larger stuff - also we are more rural, however Norwich is in easy reach which would provide higher yield once one got groups of compact work

in relation to Lee's set prices would you hit a million or not with 12 guys ?  - generally are your prices higher or lower ?

I think its a fair point for debate ...

Darran
No my prices must be lower but the biggest factor for me would be with the area being saturated I spend a lot more time than I would like to setting/packing up and traveling between jobs.

Smudger

« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2019, 03:09:23 pm »
So you would need what 14 guys ? As you grow you would get more compact work but base it on what you can currently achieve

Not sure they now need to do 90k turnover is the over the only adjustment on 80k would be the weekly target

Dean ; how long you been at jv price

Darran

Dean Taberner

« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2019, 03:30:37 pm »

2.5 years as an employee but I’ve been involved with the company for around 10 years mate.

Dry Clean

« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2019, 03:39:29 pm »
So you would need what 14 guys ? As you grow you would get more compact work but base it on what you can currently achieve

Not sure they now need to do 90k turnover is the over the only adjustment on 80k would be the weekly target

Darran

Seriously do you actually think that the majority of shiners are on anywhere near that sort of money/turnover ? Dazmond never stops bragging because he's on around £40k, what does that tell you ?

Smudger

« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2019, 03:58:26 pm »
As he points out on a regular basis he's part time - starts late finishes early - in theory he just has to times his a stage hourly rate by 7.5 x 5 X 48 = potential yearly turnover - I don't see a problem with this because that's what you need to do if you have an employee - are you saying Lee is t getting a million turnover with 12 staff on the tools ? I've sort of lost the point of this conversation - sorry

Darran