This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Thanks Lee Pyror
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2019, 04:00:26 pm »
Dean - I always thought you were more up north - JV price are Watford based or have I got this hopelessly wrong ?
Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2019, 04:16:42 pm »
So you would need what 14 guys ? As you grow you would get more compact work but base it on what you can currently achieve

Not sure they now need to do 90k turnover is the over the only adjustment on 80k would be the weekly target

Dean ; how long you been at jv price

Darran

Seriously do you actually think that the majority of shiners are on anywhere near that sort of money/turnover ? Dazmond never stops bragging because he's on around £40k, what does that tell you ?

its actually around £45k a year turnover sean,soon to be around £50k (within a few years) with a few price rises.....i only work 20-25 hours a week though so realistically you could probably earn £80k a year if you worked full time hours....but whos got the stomach for 40 hour weeks window cleaning?i certainly havent (not at 47 years of age).....

i dont know any window cleaners that do......most of the window cleaners i know are part time these days.....
price higher/work harder!

Dean Taberner

« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2019, 04:34:28 pm »
Dean - I always thought you were more up north - JV price are Watford based or have I got this hopelessly wrong ?
Darran

No you’re right Darran. Our HQ is based in Watford but we bought a company in Birmingham a few years ago that has now been rebranded as JVP. I’m based in Stoke but operate from Birmingham upwards.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

tlwcs

« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2019, 05:34:22 pm »
Darran

No you’re right Darran. Our HQ is based in Watford but we bought a company in Birmingham a few years ago that has now been rebranded as JVP. I’m based in Stoke but operate from Birmingham upwards.

Who did they buy, Roger Needle has 8 vans on the road and wanted 2 million. Haven’t heard if he’s sold
Tony

Dry Clean

« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2019, 06:12:35 pm »
As he points out on a regular basis he's part time - starts late finishes early - in theory he just has to times his a stage hourly rate by 7.5 x 5 X 48 = potential yearly turnover - I don't see a problem with this because that's what you need to do if you have an employee - are you saying Lee is t getting a million turnover with 12 staff on the tools ? I've sort of lost the point of this conversation - sorry

Darran
Off course he does and yet at the same time he still needs to work in all sorts of weather, him and NK could have come out of the same egg, lol, no I'm not saying that Lee isn't getting a one million turnover with 12 guys, sort of lost  the point myself.

dazmond

« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2019, 06:46:10 pm »
As he points out on a regular basis he's part time - starts late finishes early - in theory he just has to times his a stage hourly rate by 7.5 x 5 X 48 = potential yearly turnover - I don't see a problem with this because that's what you need to do if you have an employee - are you saying Lee is t getting a million turnover with 12 staff on the tools ? I've sort of lost the point of this conversation - sorry

Darran
Off course he does and yet at the same time he still needs to work in all sorts of weather, him and NK could have come out of the same egg, lol, no I'm not saying that Lee isn't getting a one million turnover with 12 guys, sort of lost  the point myself.

i dont need to work in any bad weather sean........i choose to so i can keep on schedule and have the days off I WANT off(eg not working weekends,early finishes friday and monday)......i like routine and very little disruption to my normal workload

errrr.............me and nathan are  worlds apart in so many ways...... :-*

Dean Taberner

« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2019, 07:07:00 pm »
Darran

Who did they buy, Roger Needle has 8 vans on the road and wanted 2 million. Haven’t heard if he’s sold
Tony

Hi Tony,

A company in Stirchley called PWC. £2 million seems a bit of a high price lol.

Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2019, 07:15:58 pm »

Darran

i dont need to work in any bad weather sean........i choose to so i can keep on schedule and have the days off I WANT off(eg not working weekends,early finishes friday and monday)......i like routine and very little disruption to my normal workload

Sorry Dazmond but just like Nathan your posts have more holes in them than a Swiss cheese, for a start why would a guy at 47 who claims to be focused and driven turn his back on £40k plus a year for the sake of doing another 10 to 15 hours which would then bring your total hours to between 35 and 39 a week ? plus when did you dump all this work you where doing when critising me and others for doing part times hours ?

dazmond

« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2019, 07:29:02 pm »

Darran

Sorry Dazmond but just like Nathan your posts have more holes in them than a Swiss cheese, for start why would a guy at 47 who claims to be focused and driven turn his back on £40k plus a year for the sake of doing another 10 to 15 hours bring your total hours to between 35 and 39 a week ? plus when did you dump all this work you where doing when critising me and others for doing part times hours ?

money is not everything sean.....im happy with my income and workload......my work/life balance is great......i couldnt stomach any more working hours window cleaning TBH mate....not after 26 years of it.....

ive not dumped lots of work(i have got rid of some but not loads),ive just compacted and condensed my work even more and become more efficient when working.....

once i reached a certain level of income i became comfortable financially so took my foot of the gas,now im just happy plodding along refining a bit here and there.......

Dry Clean

« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2019, 07:45:30 pm »
When it comes to window cleaning money is everything Dazmond, and there's not a guy on here including yourself who wouldn't do a 39 hour week if they could get £85k plus a year for doing it.

dazmond

« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2019, 08:08:00 pm »
When it comes to window cleaning money is everything Dazmond, and there's not a guy on here including yourself who wouldn't do a 39 hour week if they could get £85k plus a year for doing it.

i could probably get to 60k-65k if i put more effort and hours in but honestly sean im not arsed.....i like an easy life and im happy and contented with my lot......... :)

p1w1

« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2019, 08:13:22 pm »
Why is money everything?

Dry Clean

« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2019, 08:18:02 pm »
Why is money everything?

Would you do it for nothing ?

nathankaye

« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2019, 08:19:55 pm »

😂 😂 Just to add my two peneths worth in, Sean if you want to be a money focused machine then that's fine and your business n right to do so. 
Yet, it isn't the main drive for every body. So give it a rest, as this thread has gone way of topic with trying to number crunch something which isn't in your league to do anyway, so why waste the energy discussing it.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

p1w1

« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2019, 08:46:23 pm »
Why is money everything?

Of course not but I certainly dont do it just for money.

Dry Clean

« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2019, 08:49:32 pm »

😂 😂 Just to add my two peneths worth in, Sean if you want to be a money focused machine then that's fine and your business n right to do so. 
Yet, it isn't the main drive for every body. So give it a rest, as this thread has gone way of topic with trying to number crunch something which isn't in your league to do anyway, so why waste the energy discussing it.

Nathan what's your address ? will send you this sticker to put on your forehead.

Dry Clean

« Reply #116 on: July 04, 2019, 09:03:09 pm »
Why is money everything?

No that's just like ugly people saying that beauty is on the inside or fat people saying they are happy with their shape, sorry but I'm not buying it.

p1w1

« Reply #117 on: July 04, 2019, 09:05:19 pm »
Why is money everything?

No that's just like ugly people saying that beauty is on the inside or fat people saying they are happy with their shape, sorry but I'm not buying it.

No worries

Smudger

« Reply #118 on: July 04, 2019, 09:22:39 pm »
Dean - Good on ya !

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Lee Pryor

« Reply #119 on: July 04, 2019, 10:08:44 pm »
This is a good thread.

The best way to predict the future is to create it.