Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: Canvassing
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 08:09:56 pm »
Dont beat yourself up mate.

I hated canvassing, ive forced myself to do it numerous times but i still hate it.

I just paid others to do it and concentrated on the cleaning, yes its more expensive but i would rather stick my testicles in molten lead than knock doors.

A combination of paying canvassers and posting on facebook built my round.

Johnny B

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2019, 09:44:52 pm »
I found canvassing the easiest and quickest way to build a run.

My advice is to keep it very simple. I used to present my pitch by saying something along the lines of "Good morning, my name is John and I am offering a window cleaning service locally. Is that something you may be interested in?"

If the answer was "No" I would simply thank them for their time and move straight on. I would try to treat each door as is was the first, therefore  each presentation was given in an enthusiastic and positive manner, keeping in mind of course that every negative response brought me closer to a 'yes'.

HTH.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Cookie

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2019, 09:50:57 pm »
Have you tried leafleting a street and then canvassing a couple of days later. In this way the householder will at least have gone through the process of thinking "do I want my windows cleaned?" It could make things a bit easier for you.

James Styles

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2019, 07:39:06 pm »
Have any of you guys had issues with window cleaners on the same area’s and how did you deal with it?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2019, 07:47:55 pm »
Have any of you guys had issues with window cleaners on the same area’s and how did you deal with it?

Nope.  Just get on with it and stop worrying about other wc's.  Over the last few years there has been a mad rush of new startups all over the place so it's now impossible to avoid seeing the competition around.

I dont let it bother me.  So many times i have pulled up to my customers house to see another wc next door or opposite working.  I just give them a polite wave and smile and get on with it and I am always rewarded with the same respect and courtesy

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2019, 07:54:13 pm »

my advice.....ALWAYS carry a concealed weapon for your own protection....

Mod note: Assuming this is spoken in jest.
price higher/work harder!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2019, 08:51:38 pm »

;D ;D ffs get a grip  ;D

James Styles

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2019, 08:55:33 pm »

😂😂

Johnny B

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2019, 10:20:05 pm »

I have had a couple of Neanderthals try to tell me that I'm on their 'patch'.  I just tell them that as long as their customers are happy with them, they've got nothing to worry about.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

James Styles

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2019, 11:04:56 pm »

I have had a couple of Neanderthals try to tell me that I'm on their 'patch'.  I just tell them that as long as their customers are happy with them, they've got nothing to worry about.

John

And how did they respond to this

Ian101

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2019, 01:09:58 am »
Canvassing is great it's  money for life and apart from your time it's free.

25 new customers canvassed in a month which is really easy to do at say even a tenner is £3000 turn over a year.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2019, 06:57:19 am »

John

Expect it to happen dude.   They usually grab you from behind ramming a sack over your head.  They then throw you in the back of their van close the doors never to be seen again.   Make sure you have life insurance  ;D ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

Smudger

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2019, 07:39:24 am »

John

Expect it to happen dude.   They usually grab you from behind ramming a sack over your head.  They then throw you in the back of their van close the doors never to be seen again.   Make sure you have life insurance  ;D ;D

now, now, these sort usually travel in a mondeo estate with a big bath towel hanging out the window

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2019, 07:44:19 am »

25 new customers canvassed in a month which is really easy to do at say even a tenner is £3000 turn over a year.

Long time Ian. How’s things? You still window cleaning?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2019, 08:23:50 am »

no....i always carry a weapon.....

its called a scraper.....its razor sharp....... ;D

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2019, 08:36:03 am »
ive twice had phone calls off other window cleaners warning me to stay away from their "patch" years ago....

both times when i bumped into them in person they ran off and ive never seen them again..... ;)

james a word of advice...dont intentionally undercut other window cleaners.....or you will make enemies ...

other than that,crack on....

you have every right to be on this earth just like anybody else and no one "owns" work really......its all customer choice,they can cancel us at any time if they want......

good luck...

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2019, 09:44:01 am »

no....i always carry a weapon.....

its called a scraper.....its razor sharp....... ;D

Makes no difference.  You just make sure you're using a diamond rubber to protect yourself

JackieW

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2019, 03:15:24 pm »
''james a word of advice...dont intentionally undercut other window cleaners.....or you will make enemies ...''

There's a window cleaner covers the same area as me. I've lost customers to him that I know he's gone and undercut me. We still chat amiably whenever we see each other. Some of those customers have come back to me, some haven't. It's the customers choice who they go with.

It would be easy to get worked up at the poaching cleaner and the customer for not staying with me, but I don't think it's worth it.

I still have enough work.

Ian101

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2019, 05:16:28 pm »

Long time Ian. How’s things? You still window cleaning?

Hi mate .... not anymore ... sold it all off and went back to motor trade as was bored basically... however I will be back at some point !!

Just like to lurk and post very occasionally  :) :)

Johnny B

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2019, 07:04:35 pm »

John

They weren't best pleased but it's my choice where to work, (as is the competition's) and the customers' choice whose services they use.

John