This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Johnny B

Re: Canvassing
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2019, 10:03:46 pm »
I have gained a lot of customers through Facebook via the local 'do you know' page. It has 15,000 members (approx 60% of the town's population where I live).  Most have stuck with me and of course whenever someone posts that they're looking for a window cleaner, my name gets put forward every time. It's good advertising because it is personal recommendation, it's local, and it's free!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2019, 04:35:21 am »
James, just get on with it mate and stop caring what other people think. If your struggling at this stage, then you may want to rethink the career.
Your gonna be cleaning one house a d the next thing a group of loud mouth thugs are gonna turn up and clean the neighbours house. The will either be friendly, or complete idiots,  but they may also just put their heads down n crack on!

I had this a Couple of months ago.
Nice area, gang(8 ish) on same road as me.
I'd only been cleaning there a few months.
Ignored each other and got on with the work.
I'm over 6 feet tall and alternately look like a bouncer /policeman, depending on what I'm wearing.
So with my complete disdain for their prescence in my workspace, all was well.
Even I couldn't have fought off 8 weedy lads though, ha ha

jonboywalton75

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2019, 04:38:00 am »
I have gained a lot of customers through Facebook via the local 'do you know' page. It has 15,000 members (approx 60% of the town's population where I live).  Most have stuck with me and of course whenever someone posts that they're looking for a window cleaner, my name gets put forward every time. It's good advertising because it is personal recommendation, it's local, and it's free!

John

Might work in Co. Kerry (this Facebook lark) but I think it would be disastrous in my locality, too many morons/messers around.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2019, 04:51:03 am »
Bang for buck, the best i ever had was :- £3 ad in shop window producing £150.00 monthly within week of ad going in. That was 28 years ago
Now, my website does well.
(Cheshirewindowcleaner.co.uk)
£30 per month, money well spent, i sit on my backside and let people ring me.