This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleaniac

Re: Fed up with job
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2019, 06:51:38 pm »
OMG

A REALISTIC THREAD FOR A CHANGE!

I absolutely hate this job.

;D

i pity you......i really do....... ;D

I pity me too... ;D

Naah actually its been quite a good few weeks recently. But yeah I have had enough of this job.. never mind..its a job i suppose. Im trying to not dwell too much on it, and just get on with it and do a good job..

Its nice to see a thread sum up window cleaning, as a true real thing. It is boring, i have been doing it for 17 years now and hit soo many walls of pain through the years, there is nothing wrong with admitting that its dull.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2019, 06:56:15 pm »
Are you an expert in one job or a jack of all trades..

Well how about this as an add on job.  We all have a something to use to knock on windows hehe

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2019, 07:07:52 pm »
OMG

A REALISTIC THREAD FOR A CHANGE!

I absolutely hate this job.

;D

i pity you......i really do....... ;D

I pity me too... ;D

Naah actually its been quite a good few weeks recently. But yeah I have had enough of this job.. never mind..its a job i suppose. Im trying to not dwell too much on it, and just get on with it and do a good job..

Its nice to see a thread sum up window cleaning, as a true real thing. It is boring, i have been doing it for 17 years now and hit soo many walls of pain through the years, there is nothing wrong with admitting that its dull.

pain?........what pain?there was a time my life was a living hell but it was so many years ago now ive forgot what it was like....... ;D

ah....i remember!i was a TRAD WINDOW CLEANER(with a drink problem) ;D
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2019, 07:23:00 pm »
I accept window cleaning isn’t a very exciting job but being your own boss , start when you want finish when you want , if you don’t want to do a job you don’t have to take it on , minimal outlay on kit compared to many jobs , regular repeat customers , easiest job you are likely to find and earn between £200- 500 per day and you are all complaining , cleaniac you say you are earning around 60 k and you are unhappy , I know a lot of people who would love to work 4 days a week for that , I don’t think you realise just how lucky you are , money wise this is the best job I’ve ever done , not the most exciting I admit but Ime quite happy doing what I do more than pays the bills , and no stress, some of you on hear haven’t got a clue ,

Stoots

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2019, 07:57:04 pm »
I accept window cleaning isn’t a very exciting job but being your own boss , start when you want finish when you want , if you don’t want to do a job you don’t have to take it on , minimal outlay on kit compared to many jobs , regular repeat customers , easiest job you are likely to find and earn between £200- 500 per day and you are all complaining , cleaniac you say you are earning around 60 k and you are unhappy , I know a lot of people who would love to work 4 days a week for that , I don’t think you realise just how lucky you are , money wise this is the best job I’ve ever done , not the most exciting I admit but Ime quite happy doing what I do more than pays the bills , and no stress, some of you on hear haven’t got a clue ,

You cant really start and finish when you want though, you need to keep up to your round so you become a slave to it.

How much you earn is irrelevant if you hate getting out of bed on a morning

As for stress i find it has a level of stress to it, customers are a pain in the arse, skipping cleans, complaining, not paying etc.

Its not the worst job in the world but its not all sunshine and roses either.

Its ok, best job ive done but that not saying much ive always had pretty crappy jobs

dazmond

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2019, 08:03:12 pm »

i think some will probably be not earning enough.....some will  just about be scratching a living together if they have high bills, a stay at home wife,a few kids and a high rent/mortgage to pay every month....couple that with  few bad weeks of stormy weather and sacking a few days off here and there and things can look a bit bleak.......

nathankaye

« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2019, 08:27:19 pm »
Its not always easy keeping a positive attitude tho with this job but I think we dont help ourselves either.

We have it so easy, that yes it can be a mind numbing, tedious job. But its a job!  A very easy job that pays alot of money / or can pay alot of money.  Its the easiest time ever for our trade.  No ladders, No collecting, very little overheads compared to a lot of self employment.  Software packages to help organise rounds and routes.

Im heading 42 very soon and even though toying with the idea of moving and starting back again, it fills me with dread the thought of being employed again.  £10 or whatever per hour for this or that! When after ten minutes ive cleaned a basic house for that amount  :o

So yes,  its brain numbing and boring as anything, but i can listen to music etc and work around that. So when i have those down times, i think of that.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jonboywalton75

« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2019, 09:04:16 pm »
Not quite the easiest time for windies, 10 or so years ago some wfp windies were getting 2 or 3 times the rates we get now on commercials.
Also the amount of polers can tend to push prices down.

nathankaye

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2019, 09:58:30 pm »
Not quite the easiest time for windies, 10 or so years ago some wfp windies were getting 2 or 3 times the rates we get now on commercials.
Also the amount of polers can tend to push prices down.

Commercial has always been cut throat though.
Sadly as you say, because it is easier now, many are trying to get into window cleaning. However you cant change that and things you cant change arent worth worrying about, other than making sure your happy with what your achieving.  We all know a window cleaner in the same area as oneself who is happy to charge half of what you are.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2019, 10:00:56 pm »
Many are trying to get into window cleaning because of the idiots making YouTube videos explaining exactly what you need and how to do it  ::)roll

johnny bravo

« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2019, 10:08:34 pm »
never looked back from changing to WFP cleaning around 5 years ago.    .  I just think when cleaning a house in 10 / 15 minutes earning £10 / £15    what people in good jobs earn in an hour.      if you haven't had other jobs in the past you cant compare.     ive done lots , including taxi driving.       Boring      earning  peanuts.     
the freedom we have is unreal.       yes we keep looking at the weather.     hoping it pes down for a excuse  to stay at home.   not feeling guilty if we can blame it on the weather.

problems are showing now with slight lower back ache now and again.   not enough to not work.     55 now.    got to look after yourself physically   for future working years.
this is one area that can ruin your happy days.

but atm  ill keep on enjoying the fact I earn more per hour than people earn as tradesmen .
have a  holliday when I want
lie in after a night out when I want
wear what i want
and best of all no one telling me what to do or where to go.
clean whose houses i want to clean , and get rid of customers who get on my titties.
Weather looks s..t   tomorrow   haha

nathankaye

« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2019, 10:09:43 pm »
Many are trying to get into window cleaning because of the idiots making YouTube videos explaining exactly what you need and how to do it  ::)roll

;D ;D perhaps a little true  ;D

Yet come on, its not hard to figure out though is it? with or without social media/you tube etc
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2019, 10:41:48 pm »
I doubt many of use would be in the position we are currently if it wasn't for social media.

I see numptys being fleeced over like a couple of muppets when I go down to the local window cleaning suppliers, simply because they haven't been educated and they're mugged over by guys who've been in the game a long time.

£400 to fit a split charge relay. What sort of muppets are these people, yet the fitters are busy day in day out with fresh fodder straight off the 'boat'.

RPCCS

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2019, 07:54:08 am »
What happened to storm Gareth? It’s very cloudy here this morning, and been raining overnight, but no storm. Wish it would hurry up, I don’t want to have to go out and clean windows today.
Cheers Rich

dazmond

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2019, 09:04:24 am »
What happened to storm Gareth? It’s very cloudy here this morning, and been raining overnight, but no storm. Wish it would hurry up, I don’t want to have to go out and clean windows today.

its coming overnight tonight.....its absolutely peeing it down(and cold)here.......BUT its forecast to brighten up by late morning so ill be out and will get my scheduled work cleaned.....

im raring to go.....i cant remember the last time i didnt want to go out and get my work cleaned.......what are you gonna do if you dont work?sit at home moaning about the weather on here losing money?ill guarantee you ll feel WORSE than just going out and cracking on with it.....

unless of course your health is suffering?how do you feel physically?worn out?frazzled?if you do then maybe a days rest will do you good......

have a good day mate..... :)

Shrek

« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2019, 09:14:10 am »
It’s light cold rain here , iv only booked in a little bit of work today then if the weather gets better il go and do some jobs that don’t need notifying

Dry Clean

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2019, 09:24:35 am »
I never worry or care about getting up in the morning, if you want to make this job easy invest in the right equipment.

cleaniac

« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2019, 09:46:22 am »
I never worry or care about getting up in the morning, if you want to make this job easy invest in the right equipment.

Now...one of those would make me drag myself to a cleaning show...preferably with a scantily clad model trying it out..

😁😂😂😂

cleaniac

« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2019, 09:48:54 am »
I doubt many of use would be in the position we are currently if it wasn't for social media.

I see numptys being fleeced over like a couple of muppets when I go down to the local window cleaning suppliers, simply because they haven't been educated and they're mugged over by guys who've been in the game a long time.

£400 to fit a split charge relay. What sort of muppets are these people, yet the fitters are busy day in day out with fresh fodder straight off the 'boat'.

I suppose the only saving grace is numpties like that are clearly not good business people, and wont last.

RPCCS

« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2019, 10:03:37 am »

its coming overnight tonight.....its absolutely peeing it down(and cold)here.......BUT its forecast to brighten up by late morning so ill be out and will get my scheduled work cleaned.....

im raring to go.....i cant remember the last time i didnt want to go out and get my work cleaned.......what are you gonna do if you dont work?sit at home moaning about the weather on here losing money?ill guarantee you ll feel WORSE than just going out and cracking on with it.....

unless of course your health is suffering?how do you feel physically?worn out?frazzled?if you do then maybe a days rest will do you good......

have a good day mate..... :)
You hit the nail on the head there. Yes I am burned out , tbh it wouldn't matter if I was making 200 quid a day, as someone said earlier if your heart's not in it any longer, money doesn't come in to the equation.😒
Cheers Rich