Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

harleyman

Priceing
« on: March 20, 2019, 06:18:00 pm »
Been ou t doing a bit of canvassing  to day and the difference is  amazing  only a couple  if streets apart identical house  can you belive  nearly a fiver differance  only found out  when a potential customer.had said what.she.pays and then another had told me  just hose to show what you can get a way with

Cookie

Re: Priceing
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 08:26:28 pm »
A fiver difference isn't that much IMO.

Over the past 2 or 3 years I have taken on some customers that a trad guy used to clean. I found out from one customer that I have been charging 40% to 50% more than he did. I don't consider that "I'm getting away with it" (as you put it) it's just a fair price for a good job.

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 09:12:08 pm »
What it does show is the mindset of the window cleaner. Too many times donwe hear or i hear that ones keep the price down to keep competition away or i want the whole street so its this price. Or the best one, it only takes me x minutes to do so its this price!   False thinking as your thread shows.   A cleaner could have several houses on a street at atleast a min price difference of a + fiver per house more than those with that type of mindset. So they limit their earning potential which is the purpose of running a business. Its crazy thinking!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jonboywalton75

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 09:35:55 pm »
I took a large house on once and charged £60
Previously they were paying £25
I carried on cleaning until they moved out
I'm still cleaning their new small house for £40