Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Trapani

Re: Lee Pryor Q&A
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2019, 01:59:44 pm »
I doubt it. Most employees just wanna do their job & go home.  Hence why they’re employees. Self employment or being an employer is not for everyone.

p1w1

« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2019, 02:10:37 pm »
I have a question...

Are any of your employees aware of your online persona?

Are any of them on CIU?
What about yours?
They probably already know he's a miserable git  ;D

Ooooooog

« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2019, 04:38:57 pm »
Yo Lee.

How do risk assess hoses crossing pavements etc, how do your guys ‘manage’ the risk?

Thanks.

Just a wild guess here😂😂😂😂

CONES maybe!!!!!

From what I’ve seen, most window cleaners can’t even be arsed with that!😀

dazmond

« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2019, 06:08:17 pm »
Yo Lee.

How do risk assess hoses crossing pavements etc, how do your guys ‘manage’ the risk?

Thanks.

Just a wild guess here😂😂😂😂

CONES maybe!!!!!

From what I’ve seen, most window cleaners can’t even be arsed with that!😀

im one of them!i dont bother with cones anymore......a few times ive had people nearly falling over them in the past,they clutter up the van and ive left them on jobs before now so i dont bother..... ;)

price higher/work harder!

TomCrowther

« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2019, 06:18:08 pm »
Cones/signs are the only thing anyone has ever fallen over when I have been working and the only items ever nicked {bar one pole}.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2019, 06:35:11 pm »
hi lee

why dont you buy rounds ? theirs a guy near us with over 19  vans out and hes not only as door knockers and put leafless out  like yourself  but will buy up rounds  for the right price

he  as the money to buy not only small company's but the bigger ones as well  ? hes very switched on and there no moving him on the deal he wants all in his favor of coarse

Yes you mention him often I know the company and to be honest number of vans means nothing to me. How much do his guys do every day per head? Not much population density in his area I think. i could have 20 vans on the road if I gave out half as much every day to each guy.

To answer your question I never buy rounds because theres no telling how many might just cancel if they dont like the change. More than that though is we only take on work thats on direct debit nothing else. Most customers are not on dd with other companies. I would go as far to say we have more customers on dd than any other uk company (over 5000 now) Next I want jobs at my price not someone elses. I want customers that chose to use us of their own accord. Lastly people who sell rounds always want 3,4,5 times the monthly value. I always feel I can spend less than that on my own marketing and get the same amount of customers or often quite a lot more and without the downsides of the points mentioned above

Indeed, I've bought work in the past and the results have been mixed.  Too mixed for my liking.  I even took work where a few of the customers had cancelled months before.  I bet I've only retained half of bought work over the years, and some of that needed a price revision.  Better to seek out your own work is my experience.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2019, 06:43:03 pm »
hi lee

why dont you buy rounds ? theirs a guy near us with over 19  vans out and hes not only as door knockers and put leafless out  like yourself  but will buy up rounds  for the right price

he  as the money to buy not only small company's but the bigger ones as well  ? hes very switched on and there no moving him on the deal he wants all in his favor of coarse

Yes you mention him often I know the company and to be honest number of vans means nothing to me. How much do his guys do every day per head? Not much population density in his area I think. i could have 20 vans on the road if I gave out half as much every day to each guy.

To answer your question I never buy rounds because theres no telling how many might just cancel if they dont like the change. More than that though is we only take on work thats on direct debit nothing else. Most customers are not on dd with other companies. I would go as far to say we have more customers on dd than any other uk company (over 5000 now) Next I want jobs at my price not someone elses. I want customers that chose to use us of their own accord. Lastly people who sell rounds always want 3,4,5 times the monthly value. I always feel I can spend less than that on my own marketing and get the same amount of customers or often quite a lot more and without the downsides of the points mentioned above

Indeed, I've bought work in the past and the results have been mixed.  Too mixed for my liking.  I even took work where a few of the customers had cancelled months before.  I bet I've only retained half of bought work over the years, and some of that needed a price revision.  Better to seek out your own work is my experience.

I've bought 4 rounds in the past, great value for money.
I've sold 5, I hope the buyers have been happy, I think they were.
Only had minor hiccups buying and selling
Just don't deal with con men, that's my advice 😊

AuRavelling79

« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2019, 07:16:27 pm »
Cones/signs are the only thing anyone has ever fallen over when I have been working and the only items ever nicked {bar one pole}.

I infamously tripped over my own trip hazard sign and fell into a customer's fishpond.   :-[
It's a game of three halves!

cleaniac

« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2019, 07:19:45 pm »
hi lee

If you do your due diligence, and look for proof of revenue from the rounds, it's a great way to expand your business.

Never buy a list..

Check to see buisness accounts, and proof of revenue. If they can't show you, then it's not worth buying.

John Mart

« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2019, 08:17:54 pm »
hi lee

If you do your due diligence, and look for proof of revenue from the rounds, it's a great way to expand your business.

Never buy a list..

Check to see buisness accounts, and proof of revenue. If they can't show you, then it's not worth buying.
It’s expensive. Much cheaper to get customers from a leaflet campaign. And very likely better prices too.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2019, 11:12:39 pm »
re the cones. Yes we only carry them to cover our own arse. We’re often tripping over our own cones or getting hose caught round them. Don’t think I’ve ever tripped over the actual hose though!

Klean07

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2019, 11:22:42 am »
Good post Lee lots of good feedback here. What's happened to Mark Stock? I loved reading his posts too but haven't seen him on here for a while!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2019, 11:32:13 am »
re the cones. Yes we only carry them to cover our own arse.
Do you work in Brighton?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2019, 11:33:30 am »
Good post Lee lots of good feedback here. What's happened to Mark Stock? I loved reading his posts too but haven't seen him on here for a while!
cleaniac?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Simon Trapani

« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2019, 12:49:33 pm »
re the cones. Yes we only carry them to cover our own arse.
Do you work in Brighton?
No

Simon Trapani

« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2019, 12:49:45 pm »
cleaniac?
Yes

cleaniac

« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2019, 01:51:26 pm »
Yep that's me.

CleanClear

« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2019, 06:25:27 pm »
Good to see you've waived your consultancy fees (sort of ) here Lee. I'd like to know if you have a social media policy for your employees ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

John Mart

« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2019, 06:33:35 pm »
Good to see you've waived your consultancy fees (sort of ) here Lee. I'd like to know if you have a social media policy for your employees ?
Talking of consultancy fees did you see the nutty wc on Facebook that’s setting himself up as a mindfulness guru? He always struck me as a bit nutty.

Slacky

« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2019, 07:05:51 pm »
Talking of consultancy fees did you see the nutty wc on Facebook that’s setting himself up as a mindfulness guru? He always struck me as a bit nutty.

Let’s be honest, being a sole trader window cleaner on your C.V. isn’t exactly likely to inspire anyone into believing you can achieve a huge amount.