This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Pryor

Lee Pryor Q&A
« on: February 13, 2019, 03:23:29 pm »
Good idea Simon, ask and it will be told.

So this thread is a bit of fun really as it seems a few would like to ask genuine questions and I am happy to help them.

Few things first though.

I will not be answering ANY questions from

Dry clean
Peavey
Bungle
Johnboywalton

This is because I believe any question from you is actually designed to stir a problem rather than actually help you or others in any way. Im sure one of you will say something on here..... I wont be responding in any way. You clearly don't want advice from me anyway so why bother. I urge anyone talking on this thread to just ignor any and all negative people/posts, just don't respond to them, lets see if it can be done. Negativity will not help you develop your business, only a positive mindset and focus will, I am a strong believer in this.

For others, If I don't answer your question it doesn't mean I cant I just might not want to or I may answer it in up coming youtube videos I am planning.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Robert2k

Re: Lee Pryor Q&A
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 03:37:54 pm »
Hi Lee

Do you feel that having a fixed price list gets you a better response from flyers than the typical call us for a quote type flyer?

Thanks,

Robert

John Mart

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 03:42:04 pm »
Do your guys have a set number of hours to work a day? Or a list of jobs to do?

I ask because I have a theory that if you have set hours, they'll work slower.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 03:49:22 pm »
Do you think you can resist replying to THIS???? 🤔

jonboywalton75

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 03:52:21 pm »
Dry clean
Peavey
Bungle
Johnboywalton

Wow, I am in exalted company aren't I now😳

Oh and its Jon without the H, BTW😉

Lee Pryor

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 04:08:14 pm »
Hi Lee

Do you feel that having a fixed price list gets you a better response from flyers than the typical call us for a quote type flyer?

Thanks,

Robert

A good question Robert and there will be a video on this as theres lots to consider on this point.

Short answer is I dont think it makes the" response" any better or worse. I did this as we cover such a big area it got harder and harder for me to go see every house.

As with lots of things I do they may not be the best option for a single operator. For a smaller business I think it better to see every house and get the price spot on every time. For us it can be hit and miss with prices but being bigger alows us to absorb the difference if that makes sense.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 04:11:09 pm »
Do your guys have a set number of hours to work a day? Or a list of jobs to do?

I ask because I have a theory that if you have set hours, they'll work slower.

They only have a set start time and that varies according to where we are working. That time is 7am earliest and 8am latest to have left the yard by. After that its a jobs list, They are only allowed to return to the yard before 4pm if the list is finished.

Bungle

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 04:37:53 pm »
Can I ask a question? Why can't I ask a question?

#freebungle
We look at them, they look through them.

Dry Clean

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 04:49:46 pm »

So this thread is a bit of fun really as it seems a few would like to ask genuine questions and I am happy to help them.

Few things first though.

Dry clean
Peavey
Bungle
Johnboywalton

This is because I believe any question from you is actually designed to stir a problem rather than actually help you or others in any way. Im sure one of you will say something on here..... I wont be responding in any way. You clearly don't want advice from me anyway so why bother. I urge anyone talking on this thread to just ignor any and all negative people/posts, just don't respond to them, lets see if it can be done. Negativity will not help you develop your business, only a positive mindset and focus will, I am a strong believer in this.

For others, If I don't answer your question it doesn't mean I cant I just might not want to or I may answer it in up coming youtube videos I am planning.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 04:55:49 pm »
How do you source your workers (on the glass) and  do they have any part in collecting payment from customers?

What methods do you use to get new enquiries?
It's a game of three halves!

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 04:58:52 pm »
Why is cleaniacs accounting bill bigger than yours  ;D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 05:01:13 pm »

Few things first though.

Dry clean
Peavey
Bungle
Johnboywalton

Now now Dry clean, you know why you are banned, just can't believe I am😭😭😭

Lee Pryor

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 05:01:55 pm »
How do you source your workers (on the glass) and  do they have any part in collecting payment from customers?

I always use the website Indeed for both cleaners and office staff.

It works on a pay per click basis, the more look at and click on your add the more your charged. I find it costs about £300 on average each time in order to get enough CV in. I might get 20 for this much then I whittle them down based on location and job history. I might then have 5 I would call and do a quick phone interview, current situation, notice period ect. This leaves me with maybe 2/3 I will invite for a face to face interview.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 05:05:47 pm »

I don't know what his is but mine was £2500 last year all in. I expect it may be a bit more this year. I use a chartered firm where several people there do the different aspects of my business such as VAT, PAYE end of year ect.

I strongly recommend them

They are Charles and co Reigate Ask for Tracey Sales who is one of the partners.

+44 (1737) 30 90 90
The Cottage, 2 Castlefield Road, REIGATE, RH2 0SH

cleaniac

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 05:27:38 pm »

;D

That's what I want to know.

They assured me that it won't be anything like last year's this time...it better not be  I said because I'll be asking you for a fixed price this time and will be looking at other quotes.

Might give yours a call Lee actually. Mine is Barnbrook Sinclair. You have been warned..  ;D

tlwcs

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 05:30:40 pm »
Hi Lee,
You seem to have a great business model and have achieved good growth.
However, your on line reviews are quite poor.
What are you doing to address this
Tony

LBWCS

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 05:35:39 pm »
If you had to start from scratch, what would be the top things you would change about getting to where you are now?

Spotfree

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 05:36:59 pm »
Lee,

What do you think of the franchise model? And why do you choose to employ instead?

Thanks

deeege

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 05:49:45 pm »
My question is: When you attended the ‘forum posting for dummys’ course recently, what were your opinions of Solar Steve and why is he your main inspiration when it comes to developing your online persona?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

John Mart

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 05:57:55 pm »
Brilliant!