This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

sole traders.....holidays...
« on: February 13, 2019, 07:54:13 am »
so what do you guys do?i just clean my scheduled work as normal until my holidays and start back where i left off when i come back...

ive heard of window cleaners trying to squeeze work in earlier so they dont lose money while their away or skipping jobs out altogether when they come back... ::)roll...i couldnt be arsed with that myself.....keep it simple is my motto....

i normally only go away for a week at a time but booked 10 days this time as im taking my missus to mexico(riviera maya) this year(gourmet all inclusive 5 star hotel)right on the edge of a tropical jungle....... 8)......cant wait..... :)
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

Re: sole traders.....holidays...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 07:58:57 am »
Only 5 star Daz? /smh.

In answer to your question I generally go for long weekends or up to a week and fiddle round the edges by maybe having a couple of longer days by bringing some 8 weekly stuff forward to - say - 7 and a half weeks. But only if it is easy to do.

Generally I do as you do.
It's a game of three halves!

james peters

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 08:09:07 am »
I prefer long weekends .. but I don't change my routine .
when I have done a week away, I just start again where I left off ... it just means I am a week late/
I have had some of my customers over 20 years . they know I am reliable , and understand I need a break.
I put money away every week. this more than covers any time off.
I also take about a fortnight off at Christmas.

Shrek

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 08:11:34 am »
My work is monthly instead of 4 weekly so I have to make sure everything due is done before I go away. I’m not looking to have 100’s of jobs , just plenty of decent priced jobs so , so far iv always completed every month as I usually have the last week of the month ( every month) off .
In fact , every time I get 2 new jobs , I drop the lowest paying job on my round so eventually I’m left with an awesome round

Dry Clean

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 08:17:28 am »
According to 8 weekly you just clean for 46 weeks of the year and the other 6 don't exist, in reality you can either skip the work which means  the customer misses a clean  or make it up by working extra hours before and after the holiday.
I always take my holidays in the winter months/shorter days  (which wouldn't be suitable for everybody) that way missed cleans don't get noticed as much.

John Mart

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 08:41:45 am »
According to 8 weekly you just clean for 46 weeks of the year and the other 6 don't exist, in reality you can either skip the work which means  the customer misses a clean  or make it up by working extra hours before and after the holiday.
I always take my holidays in the winter months/shorter days  (which wouldn't be suitable for everybody) that way missed cleans don't get noticed as much.
Sean, why are you so obsessed? Get a life mate.  ::)roll

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 08:43:36 am »
is this a genuine interest Daz or just a thread to let everyone your off to Mexico ?

out of interest are you taking your grip hot water system with you ?

Darran  ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 08:45:57 am »
I’ve cycled through Mexico - wasn’t that impressed to be honest.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 09:02:26 am »
is this a genuine interest Daz or just a thread to let everyone your off to Mexico ?

Darran  ;D

Watch it Smudger, you might be put on Daz's list of wind up merchants that already includes me and Dry Clean, if you carry on with comments like that😂
Also Daz, why don't you just tell us the dates of your holiday, someone might fancy a trip round to your flat while you're away to scope out your new drumkit😉

Slacky

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 09:04:31 am »

Darran  ;D

Is someone going to Mexico?

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 09:21:31 am »
I found it was full of people who couldn’t afford to go to Dubai, no wonder they are all trying to get out!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 10:00:52 am »
Just start back where you left off.

Dry Clean

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 10:09:50 am »
I’ve cycled through Mexico - wasn’t that impressed to be honest.

It least you seen  a bit of it, most spend all their time in a beach resort that might as well be anywhere .

deeege

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 10:56:53 am »
Going for 3 and a half weeks in one block this summer.

I get all my commercial upto date and get someone to cover just a couple of jobs that are weekly.

My domestic I start where I left off.  I just tell them I’ll be a couple weeks late for the next clean, not a single customer will be bothered by that and if they are well that’s unfortunate.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

zesty

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 11:28:18 am »
so what do you guys do?i just clean my scheduled work as normal until my holidays and start back where i left off when i come back...

ive heard of window cleaners trying to squeeze work in earlier so they dont lose money while their away or skipping jobs out altogether when they come back... ::)roll...i couldnt be arsed with that myself.....keep it simple is my motto....

i normally only go away for a week at a time but booked 10 days this time as im taking my missus to mexico(riviera maya) this year(gourmet all inclusive 5 star hotel)right on the edge of a tropical jungle....... 8)......cant wait..... :)

Already been there and done that daz. It’s a nice place, water was like a bath. Swam with whale sharks and sea turtles. Food was good, we had a choice of 6 restaurants in our all inclusive stay. Take a trip to xcaret. And go to turtle beach (akamul beach)

As for holidays, I don’t worry about being late, so I just clean as normal before and after  8)

zesty

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 11:29:30 am »

Darran  ;D

I’m amazed he didn’t find a way to mention his heated seats and hot water system  ;D

Slacky

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 01:54:51 pm »

Darran  ;D

I’m amazed he didn’t find a way to mention his heated seats and hot water system  ;D

That’ll be the sun-beds and hot-tub he’ll get round to mentioning imminently.

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 02:49:40 pm »
Didn’t he spend most of his last holiday on this forum - how exciting
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 02:55:37 pm »
It’s not the destination for window cleaners really. Lots of carpet fitters though when I was there. All you heard was Underlay! Underlay!

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 03:43:25 pm »

Already been there and done that daz. It’s a nice place, water was like a bath. Swam with whale sharks and sea turtles. Food was good, we had a choice of 6 restaurants in our all inclusive stay. Take a trip to xcaret. And go to turtle beach (akamul beach)

As for holidays, I don’t worry about being late, so I just clean as normal before and after  8)

did you fly on the dreamliner plane?i booked extra leg room seen as though we will be flying for over 10 hours!looking forward to it....most expensive holiday ive ever booked though....just hope she doesnt think im gonna pop the question while we re there(as its a well known honeymoon destination/hotel) we re stayin at..... :o ;D
price higher/work harder!