Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

sole traders.....holidays...
« on: February 13, 2019, 07:54:13 am »
so what do you guys do?i just clean my scheduled work as normal until my holidays and start back where i left off when i come back...

ive heard of window cleaners trying to squeeze work in earlier so they dont lose money while their away or skipping jobs out altogether when they come back... ::)roll...i couldnt be arsed with that myself.....keep it simple is my motto....

i normally only go away for a week at a time but booked 10 days this time as im taking my missus to mexico(riviera maya) this year(gourmet all inclusive 5 star hotel)right on the edge of a tropical jungle....... 8)......cant wait..... :)
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

Re: sole traders.....holidays...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 07:58:57 am »
Only 5 star Daz? /smh.

In answer to your question I generally go for long weekends or up to a week and fiddle round the edges by maybe having a couple of longer days by bringing some 8 weekly stuff forward to - say - 7 and a half weeks. But only if it is easy to do.

Generally I do as you do.
It's a game of three halves!

james peters

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 08:09:07 am »
I prefer long weekends .. but I don't change my routine .
when I have done a week away, I just start again where I left off ... it just means I am a week late/
I have had some of my customers over 20 years . they know I am reliable , and understand I need a break.
I put money away every week. this more than covers any time off.
I also take about a fortnight off at Christmas.

Shrek

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 08:11:34 am »
My work is monthly instead of 4 weekly so I have to make sure everything due is done before I go away. I’m not looking to have 100’s of jobs , just plenty of decent priced jobs so , so far iv always completed every month as I usually have the last week of the month ( every month) off .
In fact , every time I get 2 new jobs , I drop the lowest paying job on my round so eventually I’m left with an awesome round

Dry Clean

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 08:17:28 am »
According to 8 weekly you just clean for 46 weeks of the year and the other 6 don't exist, in reality you can either skip the work which means  the customer misses a clean  or make it up by working extra hours before and after the holiday.
I always take my holidays in the winter months/shorter days  (which wouldn't be suitable for everybody) that way missed cleans don't get noticed as much.

John Mart

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 08:41:45 am »
According to 8 weekly you just clean for 46 weeks of the year and the other 6 don't exist, in reality you can either skip the work which means  the customer misses a clean  or make it up by working extra hours before and after the holiday.
I always take my holidays in the winter months/shorter days  (which wouldn't be suitable for everybody) that way missed cleans don't get noticed as much.
Sean, why are you so obsessed? Get a life mate.  ::)roll

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 08:43:36 am »
is this a genuine interest Daz or just a thread to let everyone your off to Mexico ?

out of interest are you taking your grip hot water system with you ?

Darran  ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 08:45:57 am »
I’ve cycled through Mexico - wasn’t that impressed to be honest.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 09:02:26 am »
is this a genuine interest Daz or just a thread to let everyone your off to Mexico ?

Darran  ;D

Watch it Smudger, you might be put on Daz's list of wind up merchants that already includes me and Dry Clean, if you carry on with comments like that😂
Also Daz, why don't you just tell us the dates of your holiday, someone might fancy a trip round to your flat while you're away to scope out your new drumkit😉

Slacky

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 09:04:31 am »

Darran  ;D

Is someone going to Mexico?

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 09:21:31 am »
I found it was full of people who couldn’t afford to go to Dubai, no wonder they are all trying to get out!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 10:00:52 am »
Just start back where you left off.

Dry Clean

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 10:09:50 am »
I’ve cycled through Mexico - wasn’t that impressed to be honest.

It least you seen  a bit of it, most spend all their time in a beach resort that might as well be anywhere .

deeege

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 10:56:53 am »
Going for 3 and a half weeks in one block this summer.

I get all my commercial upto date and get someone to cover just a couple of jobs that are weekly.

My domestic I start where I left off.  I just tell them I’ll be a couple weeks late for the next clean, not a single customer will be bothered by that and if they are well that’s unfortunate.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

zesty

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 11:28:18 am »
so what do you guys do?i just clean my scheduled work as normal until my holidays and start back where i left off when i come back...

ive heard of window cleaners trying to squeeze work in earlier so they dont lose money while their away or skipping jobs out altogether when they come back... ::)roll...i couldnt be arsed with that myself.....keep it simple is my motto....

i normally only go away for a week at a time but booked 10 days this time as im taking my missus to mexico(riviera maya) this year(gourmet all inclusive 5 star hotel)right on the edge of a tropical jungle....... 8)......cant wait..... :)

Already been there and done that daz. It’s a nice place, water was like a bath. Swam with whale sharks and sea turtles. Food was good, we had a choice of 6 restaurants in our all inclusive stay. Take a trip to xcaret. And go to turtle beach (akamul beach)

As for holidays, I don’t worry about being late, so I just clean as normal before and after  8)

zesty

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 11:29:30 am »

Darran  ;D

I’m amazed he didn’t find a way to mention his heated seats and hot water system  ;D

Slacky

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 01:54:51 pm »

Darran  ;D

I’m amazed he didn’t find a way to mention his heated seats and hot water system  ;D

That’ll be the sun-beds and hot-tub he’ll get round to mentioning imminently.

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 02:49:40 pm »
Didn’t he spend most of his last holiday on this forum - how exciting
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 02:55:37 pm »
It’s not the destination for window cleaners really. Lots of carpet fitters though when I was there. All you heard was Underlay! Underlay!

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 03:43:25 pm »

Already been there and done that daz. It’s a nice place, water was like a bath. Swam with whale sharks and sea turtles. Food was good, we had a choice of 6 restaurants in our all inclusive stay. Take a trip to xcaret. And go to turtle beach (akamul beach)

As for holidays, I don’t worry about being late, so I just clean as normal before and after  8)

did you fly on the dreamliner plane?i booked extra leg room seen as though we will be flying for over 10 hours!looking forward to it....most expensive holiday ive ever booked though....just hope she doesnt think im gonna pop the question while we re there(as its a well known honeymoon destination/hotel) we re stayin at..... :o ;D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 03:46:38 pm »
I'm sure she realises that you're not the marrying type Daz.
No woman could put up with you living with her 24/7😱😱😱😱😱

KS Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2019, 05:55:48 pm »
Didn’t he spend most of his last holiday on this forum - how exciting
He did indeed, that was after he had been rumbled, he told everyone he was going to a 5 star hotel.......then had to come clean and admit it was only a 4 star, cheapskate😂

Slacky

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2019, 06:03:11 pm »
Daz, whats the name of this palace youre staying in this time round?

And what resort?

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2019, 06:30:17 pm »
TUI SENSIMAR El dorado seaside suites & spa.......riviera maya.... 8)

John Mart

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 06:41:23 pm »
Isn’t that the one with the gay bar?

chris turner

Re: sole traders.....holidays... New
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2019, 06:49:47 pm »

Mod note: Homophobic language will NOT be tolerated. Your not welcome 8 weekly.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 06:52:55 pm »
so you know it well  ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2019, 06:54:21 pm »
3weeks at xmas
5days cycling trip end of feb
1week training course in london
2 weeks on a curise. and that takes me to june

so i just start where i left off  ;D

colin bird

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2019, 07:44:32 am »
I get in front to cover for holidays,I've been able to do this by factoring in three clear days during my six weekly cycle,this then gives me 27 days a year for holidays,and days to catch up if I've been rained.
To create the three clear days,I had to spread the same work load over less days so I have some big days to  get through all my work
What I've done works for me ,and I still get all nine six weekly cleans done through the year,so no drop in money,and I now get holiday pay,I also don't get behind with my round

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2019, 08:02:05 am »
I get in front to cover for holidays,I've been able to do this by factoring in three clear days during my six weekly cycle,this then gives me 27 days a year for holidays,and days to catch up if I've been rained.
To create the three clear days,I had to spread the same work load over less days so I have some big days to  get through all my work
What I've done works for me ,and I still get all nine six weekly cleans done through the year,so no drop in money,and I now get holiday pay,I also don't get behind with my round

sod that.....no "big" days for me anymore...a brisk steady 5 or 6 hours a day "on the glass" is sufficient....whatever jobs dont get cleaned in these hours,get cleaned the next day(or left until i get back off holiday).....

long days cleaning windows  is just soul destroying....its a recipe for burn out and getting fed up with the job IME so i avoid at all costs....even if i lose money......my general health and well being is more important than earning a few quid more.....

i work more efficiently at a steady measured pace

Dave Willis

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2019, 08:14:13 am »
Strange when you put ‘work harder’ on you signature.  ???

jonboywalton75

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2019, 08:34:43 am »
5 or 6 hours on the glass, 4 days a week.
Wow I couldn't muster up the energy for that much work😱

zesty

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2019, 08:38:12 am »

did you fly on the dreamliner plane?i booked extra leg room seen as though we will be flying for over 10 hours!looking forward to it....most expensive holiday ive ever booked though....just hope she doesnt think im gonna pop the question while we re there(as its a well known honeymoon destination/hotel) we re stayin at..... :o ;D

Yes flew on the Dreamliner, was a lovely plane, big windows, quieter, and less jet lag as the humidity is higher in the cabin. You don’t get a dry throat and feel as ruined as the older planes.

We were on a Thompson Dreamliner from Gatwick. Watch the baggage scams at cancun airport, they try and take your bags and ‘lead’ you to the taxi area, then ask for money.

There are drug checkpoints all the way down the dual carriageway to the rivier maya, they usually search dodgy Mancunian folk, so be careful  ;D

Go whale shark diving, and A’s also said, get a taxi to akumal beach. You can swim with sea turtles freely and that’s a real highlight.

It was boiling hot, and ridiculously humid mind. Still, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

zesty

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2019, 08:39:22 am »

Your joking. That where we stayed. No joke.

Beach was crap, the rest of it was amazing, we stayed in a luxury suite.

Wasn’t really a palace though daz.  ;D

Very nice though 👍🏼

You wanna head to the little hut on the beach, that’s there where you can book the whale shark diving and other bits and bobs.

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2019, 08:43:43 am »
Strange when you put ‘work harder’ on you signature.  ???

i put "price higher/work harder" on my signature as a motivational thing many years ago now and its worked...my prices are higher and i work harder(but in a shorter time frame)....than i used too.....

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2019, 08:54:18 am »

Very nice though 👍🏼

You wanna head to the little hut on the beach, that’s there where you can book the whale shark diving and other bits and bobs.

did you go to chichen itza while you were there?thats where me and the missus fancy visiting,maybe swimming in a cenote too.......not bothered about beaches TBH....as long as theres good food,hot weather,a gym and a few nice pools  im happy! 8)

glad you enjoyed it mate....

Dry Clean

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2019, 08:59:13 am »

Would there be room for Dazmond an extreme pole, a hot water system, electric reel and a woman all in the same bed ?

jonboywalton75

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2019, 09:03:43 am »

Would there be room for Dazmond an extreme pole, a hot water system, electric reel and a woman all in the same bed ?

Please stop joining in with my posts Sean, as  people will think we're doubleteaming😫😫😫😫😂

John Mart

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2019, 09:09:08 am »

He could lose the woman and still be happy as a pig in ......

Slacky

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2019, 09:19:03 am »
Daz show us a pic of the missus, as its Valentines Day....

Dave Willis

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2019, 10:31:46 am »
The sea is 63 degrees at the brush head.               Daz, will you be wearing that glittery posing poutch again this year?                                                      I Irecommend Itchinphallus  for a really good day out.

Stoots

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2019, 11:51:19 am »
3weeks at xmas

Where you going cycling?

I'll be taking my bike to Italy early April for a little blast into the dolomites (piancavallo)

zesty

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2019, 01:41:15 pm »

Very nice though 👍🏼

did you go to chichen itza while you were there?thats where me and the missus fancy visiting,maybe swimming in a cenote too.......not bothered about beaches TBH....as long as theres good food,hot weather,a gym and a few nice pools  im happy! 8)

No didn’t go there mate, there is a good gym and spa on the grounds, a couple of minutes walk from the main hotel area. I was too hot to bother working out! It was too humid!

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2019, 06:00:00 pm »

Very nice though 👍🏼

No didn’t go there mate, there is a good gym and spa on the grounds, a couple of minutes walk from the main hotel area. I was too hot to bother working out! It was too humid!

ill still fit in at least 3 workouts while im there mate,never let it slide..........otherwise before you know it your in the "dreaded gap" zone........ ;D

i occasionally take a week off but its usually when i have a heavy cold or something......certainly not just because im on holiday! ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2019, 06:20:42 pm »
3weeks at xmas

Where you going cycling?

I'll be taking my bike to Italy early April for a little blast into the dolomites (piancavallo)
majorca on a training camp  ;)  and no 5star luxury like dazmond ,this is £40 a night bed and breakfast and eveing meal ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

zesty

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2019, 07:06:52 pm »

Very nice though 👍🏼

ill still fit in at least 3 workouts while im there mate,never let it slide..........otherwise before you know it your in the "dreaded gap" zone........ ;D

i occasionally take a week off but its usually when i have a heavy cold or something......certainly not just because im on holiday! ;D

A week off does me good mate. I’m in good shape, and need a rest week when on holiday  ;D

robbo333

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2019, 07:26:37 pm »
Dreamliner is brilliant, it seriously is a nice way to fly.
When they stop serving the all inclusive drinks, just pop up the back, open the curtain and ask for another drink.
Not that i'm an alchy or nothing.  ;D

Don't worry about the missus thinking you're gonna propose, you're fine there mate!
She knows the only loves in your life are the hot water system and those heated seats... ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Stoots

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2019, 10:20:48 pm »
3weeks at xmas

Where you going cycling?

majorca on a training camp  ;)  and no 5star luxury like dazmond ,this is £40 a night bed and breakfast and eveing meal ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nice, will you be doing sa calobra? Looks an amazing climb that....im not particularly fit, just a weekend warrior, 50 miles is about my limit

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2019, 11:20:01 pm »
When they stop serving the all inclusive drinks, just pop up the back, open the curtain and ask for another drink.

Don't worry about the missus thinking you're gonna propose, you're fine there mate!
She knows the only loves in your life are the hot water system and those heated seats... ;D

The 787 is naff. Totally overrated. Back of the bar on the A380, now that’s great fun.  :D

dazmond

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2019, 07:19:28 am »

i dont drink but im looking forward to having some extra leg room as im 6ft 2in and 18 stone! ;)

as for getting married....why bother?another bandmates marriage has broken up.....the bass players and now the keyboard players....he s not in a good place right now.. :(

your best off on your own with your own place,anything else is a bonus..... :)....thats my motto...ive lived on my own for 20 years and had around 15 girlfriends in that time....perfect..... :D

Stoots

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2019, 07:28:45 am »

i dont drink but im looking forward to having some extra leg room as im 6ft 2in and 18 stone! ;)

as for getting married....why bother?another bandmates marriage has broken up.....the bass players and now the keyboard players....he s not in a good place right now.. :(

your best off on your own with your own place,anything else is a bonus..... :)....thats my motto...ive lived on my own for 20 years and had around 15 girlfriends in that time....perfect..... :D

I would agree with that,I lost the lot after a previous relationship went tits up.

Marriage is a mugs game, you are just signing half of everything over in the event of divorce.

Once bitten twice shy

You can have a partner, family etc without getting married.

John Mart

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2019, 07:32:24 am »

Sounds like it's arse room you need, not leg room!  ;D

John Mart

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2019, 07:35:08 am »
I'm off skiing today. Not sure it competes with Mexico mind.

dazmond

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2019, 07:36:57 am »

Sounds like it's arse room you need, not leg room!  ;D

im not fat mate......im built like a rugby player(even though ive never played rugby in my life!) ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2019, 07:38:32 am »

No need to be married but people in long term relationships tend to be happier,  Iv a friend who's wife passed away a while back after 30 years of marriage, I don't think he will ever be in  a good place again but for him the 30 years he had with his wife where well worth it.

dazmond

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2019, 07:39:50 am »

i never understand why people go skiing...do you enjoy it?or are you only going cos your missus wants to do it?

John Mart

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2019, 07:44:46 am »

i never understand why people go skiing...do you enjoy it?or are you only going cos your missus wants to do it?
First time, but everyone who's done it says it's fantastic. Give it a go. It's certainly reassuringly expensive enough for you. If we like it though, we'll go regularly in the motorhome so should halve the price just about.

dazmond

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2019, 07:47:47 am »

No need to be married but people in long term relationships tend to be happier,  Iv a friend who's wife passed away a while back after 30 years of marriage, I don't think he will ever be in  a good place again but for him the 30 years he had with his wife where well worth it.

you should never get TOO attached to anybody in your life as they all die eventually.......yes remember the good times with them but move on and create a new different life for yourself once the grief subsides.....the problem is some people stay in that grief for many years and dont move on.... ::)roll....which does them no good at all..... :(

Jonny 87

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2019, 07:56:36 am »

you should never get TOO attached to anybody in your life as they all die eventually.......yes remember the good times with them but move on and create a new different life for yourself once the grief subsides.....the problem is some people stay in that grief for many years and dont move on.... ::)roll....which does you no good at all..... :(

I think this is the most depressing comment on CIU I’ve ever read.

Daz....... please never take up motivational speaking.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2019, 08:02:53 am »

you should never get TOO attached to anybody in your life as they all die eventually.......yes remember the good times with them but move on and create a new different life for yourself once the grief subsides.....the problem is some people stay in that grief for many years and dont move on.... ::)roll....which does you no good at all..... :(

its not depressing mate...its a fact of life....we are all gonna die...its what they teach you in buddhism......detach.........so dont be surprised when it happens.......4 lads i grew up with,one was once a very good friend.....all dead now....all in the late 30s/mid 40s.....

Stoots

« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2019, 08:15:57 am »
Actually when you think about it, the fact everyone is going to die and every thing good is going to end eventually is not depressing at all

It's quite liberating.....to realise that nothing really matters. That's what I like about buddhism, everything just "is" they don't judge good or bad or death etc just observe it without judgement, it's actually the opposite of depressing when you think about it....poop just happens don't get emotionally thrown out by it.

Of course in the real world we get so attached to our lives when the van breaks down etc we get so drained by it...when really it doesn't matter at all because we are going to die anyway ..why worry about anything

james peters

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2019, 08:17:59 am »
you can tell daz has no children.  ???
people can and do move on when they lose a spouse be it through death or marriage break down. often to even happier times .
a parent can move on after losing a child ... BUT.  they will NEVER be the same again !

Jonny 87

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2019, 08:51:24 am »

its not depressing mate...its a fact of life....we are all gonna die...its what they teach you in buddhism......detach.........so dont be surprised when it happens.......4 lads i grew up with,one was once a very good friend.....all dead now....all in the late 30s/mid 40s.....

The Dalia Lama goes into to dominoes pizza............after a while looking at the boards and menus he says............ “can you make me one with everything.”
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Slacky

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2019, 09:03:14 am »

Skiing?

Some people need their heads tested. Holidays are meant to be when you go away somewhere hot. Really hot!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2019, 09:22:25 am »
people can and do move on when they lose a spouse be it through death or marriage break down. often to even happier times .
a parent can move on after losing a child ... BUT.  they will NEVER be the same again !

Daz spent his earlier decades drugged and p*ssed up! Daz is now doing what everyone else did in their 20's ;D
Also, Daz will always find a way to publicly justify everything in his life. Daz has virtually zero assets for retirement and no children- he hasn't experienced what many of us have and thus will never know, hence his stupid comments at times!
Comfortably Numb!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2019, 09:30:30 am »

Stan Laurel said when asked by Ollie, "Are you getting married again?"
No, I'll just find a woman I dislike and buy her a house
😂😂😂😂😂😂

jonboywalton75

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2019, 09:33:41 am »

I've been married 42 years, wouldn't be without her
She's saved me from myself😂😂
I was very fortunate when I found my Val😍😍😍😍

jonboywalton75

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2019, 09:40:46 am »

I've been married 42 years, wouldn't be without her
She's saved me from myself😂😂
I was very fortunate when I found my Val😍😍😍😍

Also I have two sons, both in their thirties.
We go to concerts, footy matches and all manner of other things together.
My youngest son is getting 2 tickets for Liverpool (he's a red) versus Spurs (she's a Tottenham fan) and he's taking his mum.
Family life, can't beat it if you ask me

dazmond

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2019, 02:43:13 pm »

Daz spent his earlier decades drugged and p*ssed up! Daz is now doing what everyone else did in their 20's ;D
Also, Daz will always find a way to publicly justify everything in his life. Daz has virtually zero assets for retirement and no children- he hasn't experienced what many of us have and thus will never know, hence his stupid comments at times!

you missed off the clubbing,music gigs, women and wild parties.....i dont regret a thing mate........ ;).....as for assets.....i dont need them as im going to the same place your going.......THE GREAT GIG IN THE SKY......... 8)

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2019, 04:28:18 pm »

you missed off the clubbing,music gigs, women and wild parties.....i dont regret a thing mate........ ;).....as for assets.....i dont need them as im going to the same place your going.......THE GREAT GIG IN THE SKY......... 8)

You have a point. I suspect some of these skint, bored out their minds “family blokes” are secretly envious.  ;)

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2019, 04:40:07 pm »

You have a point. I suspect some of these skint, bored out their minds “family blokes” are secretly envious.  ;)

Of what? Not having the joy of a wife and children?
Or having no assets or pension and having to work till you drop? ;D
Comfortably Numb!

nathankaye

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2019, 05:09:53 pm »

I was married for 11yrs and together for 12 n half and then in 2010 got divorced and moved into a one bed flat. So i went from married with 3 kids and my own house to a very quiet flat. By 2014 was remarried and expecting our first baby together. 

So spent a wee bit of time as a batchelor again. I enjoyed being able to do whatever i wanted and whenever i wanted to do so etc. But i couldnt stay like that, i enjoy the joys of being married and a family.

If someone hasnt had the joy of a family (even with stresses of a family life) dont know what they are missing and therefore it doesnt compute.

A bit like trad guys slagging off wfp and then when they go onto it,  they wish they had done so sooner!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2019, 05:17:53 pm »
Take it you haven't got teenagers yet then Nathan.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2019, 05:26:45 pm »
err...i have got A FAMILY!my missus and 2 grown up kids(19 yr old stepdaughter and 26 year old stepson)and a dog.....i just dont live with them full time lads..... ;)....they all still live at home.....

dazmond

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2019, 05:35:30 pm »

err.....i have got a missus and grown up kids...ill have a state pension and savings of around £200k when i retire(if i live that long).ill also have moved in with the missus by then and the kids will have flown the nest and her house will be paid off.....ill work until i can no longer physically do the job but cut down my hours to suit..... :)

dazmond

« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2019, 05:40:29 pm »
anyway back on topic....any other sole traders going on holiday this year? ;D

Slacky

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2019, 06:03:27 pm »

Yup. Off in 5 weeks.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2019, 06:12:39 pm »
err...i have got A FAMILY!my missus and 2 grown up kids(19 yr old stepdaughter and 26 year old stepson)and a dog.....i just dont live with them full time lads..... ;)....they all still live at home.....

Yeah but judging by the fact you've had 15 or so girlfriends in 20 years you won't have them long😱

dazmond

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2019, 06:14:18 pm »

Yup. Off in 5 weeks.

where to this time matt?i wont be going back to egypt ....my missus really didnt like it and we couldnt go ANYWHERE!no trips to the pyramids/valleys of the kings,etc,etc....too dangerous...... :(

jonboywalton75

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2019, 06:15:39 pm »

Yup. Off in 5 weeks.

Where do you live and will your house be empty while you're away????

Slacky

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2019, 06:16:35 pm »
I really wouldnt want to say Daz, but take it from me,  its luxurious

dazmond

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2019, 06:17:47 pm »

Yeah but judging by the fact you've had 15 or so girlfriends in 20 years you won't have them long😱

ive been with her for nearly 7 years mate....i dont have 3 women on the go at the same time anymore....just the one these days ;D......my last girlfriend before her lasted 4 years before she got cancer.......but the years before that were crazy.......

jonboywalton75

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2019, 06:20:27 pm »
Glad you're in a nice long term relationship now Daz.
Hope things pan out for you.

« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2019, 06:39:41 pm »

Wouldn’t know. I have both  8)

Shouldn’t you be jealously whinging at Lee Pryor?  ;)

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2019, 06:40:32 pm »

Yep. 4 weeks in South Africa. 1 week in Dubai. 2 weeks in Cornwall.

But not altogether sadly.  :'(

KS Cleaning

« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2019, 06:57:06 pm »
Yep, 4 days Krakow in May.    2 weeks Cambrills, Spain, in July.     1 week Nissi Beach, Cyprus, in October

nathankaye

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2019, 07:57:24 pm »
Take it you haven't got teenagers yet then Nathan.  ;D

Yep, my kids from first marriage are 21 (step lad) and my girls are 17 n 18 (13months apart).  One self harming etc etc so they come with plenty of stress and worries that for sure.
Dont know if a good thing or not but they live with their mum (only 20 miles away mind you).
But, couldnt be without them.  Haha just looking forward to em maturing or getting past the teen idiot years n early 20's.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2019, 08:02:17 pm »
Hmmm  not like my break going camping "dads n the boys"   mums arent allowed!
So its a great lads camping away at wales!

Im just hoping the other lads are gonna help as my boys are 9 n 4 so not very helpful putting up a 8 birth tent.
Not quite luxurious 😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Jonny 87

« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2019, 10:19:07 pm »
I’m just back from Iceland.

I think if it’s a game of top trumps, then that place takes the biscuit when it comes to price.

Beautiful place, but a few weeks over there would put a huge dent in the savings.

Glad I only went for 4 days.

John Mart

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2019, 06:33:24 am »
What’s apparent is how expensive any EU country is as a result of sterling crashing.

andyM

« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2019, 06:48:57 am »
What’s apparent is how expensive any EU country is as a result of sterling crashing.

Sterling has been poop for years.
And not just in comparison to the Euro.
One of the Plebs

deeege

« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2019, 07:02:19 am »

The Ski resorts have always been a massive rip off just because they can basically charge what they like, captive audience. How’s the Skiing?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

tlwcs

« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2019, 08:13:54 am »
I’m just back from Iceland.

I think if it’s a game of top trumps, then that place takes the biscuit when it comes to price.

Beautiful place, but a few weeks over there would put a huge dent in the savings.

Glad I only went for 4 days.

I go to Waitrose, it’s quite 5*
Only go once a week though
😁

John Mart

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2019, 06:11:11 am »

The Ski resorts have always been a massive rip off just because they can basically charge what they like, captive audience. How’s the Skiing?
First lesson today. The drive was torturous to be honest. I drove for 9 hours yesterday and 11 hours the day before.

John Mart

« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2019, 06:14:20 am »

It’s dropped by about 15%. Remember francs? 9 francs to the pound. France used to be cheap.

Ooooooog

« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2019, 06:20:43 pm »
Not a sole trader but I’m off to Scotland in May to go panning for gold!

Went to Cozumel Mexico last year. Very overrated.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2019, 06:35:59 pm »
3weeks at xmas

Where you going cycling?

Nice, will you be doing sa calobra? Looks an amazing climb that....im not particularly fit, just a weekend warrior, 50 miles is about my limit
normally we stay in palma and when we do calobra its a 100mile round trip,this year we staying at Pollensa so we can do top of island

Frankybadboy

« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2019, 06:41:04 pm »

It’s dropped by about 15%. Remember francs? 9 francs to the pound. France used to be cheap.
you never ever been to paris then  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Don Kee

« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2019, 09:23:21 pm »
Wish I could take a a holiday, the business runs me though these days!

Steve.a

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2019, 06:06:11 am »

Would that be The Azul Beach, by Karisma.
Went there last year.

dazmond

« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2019, 07:46:16 am »

why?.....its your own business...you can do what you want....if you want a holiday...just take one.....life is short,youll be dead soon....

Shrek

« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2019, 08:04:06 am »

why?.....its your own business...you can do what you want....if you want a holiday...just take one.....life is short,youll be dead soon....

Soon  ???

Don Kee

« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2019, 08:23:33 pm »

Cheers Daz, I’ll keep a look out for the reaper...

No heated system, no drumkit, no Golf GTD...where did life go wrong for me? :'(

dazmond

« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2019, 08:32:20 pm »

Cheers Daz, I’ll keep a look out for the reaper...

No heated system, no drumkit, no Golf GTD...where did life go wrong for me? :'(

everyone deserves a holiday esp if your working hard most of the year mate....time is slipping by....enjoy a few luxuries where you can is my motto....