This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jonboywalton75

Re: sole traders.....holidays...
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 03:46:38 pm »
I'm sure she realises that you're not the marrying type Daz.
No woman could put up with you living with her 24/7😱😱😱😱😱

KS Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2019, 05:55:48 pm »
Didn’t he spend most of his last holiday on this forum - how exciting
He did indeed, that was after he had been rumbled, he told everyone he was going to a 5 star hotel.......then had to come clean and admit it was only a 4 star, cheapskate😂

Slacky

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2019, 06:03:11 pm »
Daz, whats the name of this palace youre staying in this time round?

And what resort?

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2019, 06:30:17 pm »
TUI SENSIMAR El dorado seaside suites & spa.......riviera maya.... 8)
price higher/work harder!

John Mart

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 06:41:23 pm »
Isn’t that the one with the gay bar?

chris turner

Re: sole traders.....holidays... New
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2019, 06:49:47 pm »

Mod note: Homophobic language will NOT be tolerated. Your not welcome 8 weekly.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 06:52:55 pm »
so you know it well  ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2019, 06:54:21 pm »
3weeks at xmas
5days cycling trip end of feb
1week training course in london
2 weeks on a curise. and that takes me to june

so i just start where i left off  ;D

colin bird

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2019, 07:44:32 am »
I get in front to cover for holidays,I've been able to do this by factoring in three clear days during my six weekly cycle,this then gives me 27 days a year for holidays,and days to catch up if I've been rained.
To create the three clear days,I had to spread the same work load over less days so I have some big days to  get through all my work
What I've done works for me ,and I still get all nine six weekly cleans done through the year,so no drop in money,and I now get holiday pay,I also don't get behind with my round

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2019, 08:02:05 am »
I get in front to cover for holidays,I've been able to do this by factoring in three clear days during my six weekly cycle,this then gives me 27 days a year for holidays,and days to catch up if I've been rained.
To create the three clear days,I had to spread the same work load over less days so I have some big days to  get through all my work
What I've done works for me ,and I still get all nine six weekly cleans done through the year,so no drop in money,and I now get holiday pay,I also don't get behind with my round

sod that.....no "big" days for me anymore...a brisk steady 5 or 6 hours a day "on the glass" is sufficient....whatever jobs dont get cleaned in these hours,get cleaned the next day(or left until i get back off holiday).....

long days cleaning windows  is just soul destroying....its a recipe for burn out and getting fed up with the job IME so i avoid at all costs....even if i lose money......my general health and well being is more important than earning a few quid more.....

i work more efficiently at a steady measured pace

Dave Willis

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2019, 08:14:13 am »
Strange when you put ‘work harder’ on you signature.  ???

jonboywalton75

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2019, 08:34:43 am »
5 or 6 hours on the glass, 4 days a week.
Wow I couldn't muster up the energy for that much work😱

zesty

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2019, 08:38:12 am »
so what do you guys do?i just clean my scheduled work as normal until my holidays and start back where i left off when i come back...

ive heard of window cleaners trying to squeeze work in earlier so they dont lose money while their away or skipping jobs out altogether when they come back... ::)roll...i couldnt be arsed with that myself.....keep it simple is my motto....

i normally only go away for a week at a time but booked 10 days this time as im taking my missus to mexico(riviera maya) this year(gourmet all inclusive 5 star hotel)right on the edge of a tropical jungle....... 8)......cant wait..... :)

Already been there and done that daz. It’s a nice place, water was like a bath. Swam with whale sharks and sea turtles. Food was good, we had a choice of 6 restaurants in our all inclusive stay. Take a trip to xcaret. And go to turtle beach (akamul beach)

As for holidays, I don’t worry about being late, so I just clean as normal before and after  8)

did you fly on the dreamliner plane?i booked extra leg room seen as though we will be flying for over 10 hours!looking forward to it....most expensive holiday ive ever booked though....just hope she doesnt think im gonna pop the question while we re there(as its a well known honeymoon destination/hotel) we re stayin at..... :o ;D

Yes flew on the Dreamliner, was a lovely plane, big windows, quieter, and less jet lag as the humidity is higher in the cabin. You don’t get a dry throat and feel as ruined as the older planes.

We were on a Thompson Dreamliner from Gatwick. Watch the baggage scams at cancun airport, they try and take your bags and ‘lead’ you to the taxi area, then ask for money.

There are drug checkpoints all the way down the dual carriageway to the rivier maya, they usually search dodgy Mancunian folk, so be careful  ;D

Go whale shark diving, and A’s also said, get a taxi to akumal beach. You can swim with sea turtles freely and that’s a real highlight.

It was boiling hot, and ridiculously humid mind. Still, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

zesty

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2019, 08:39:22 am »

Your joking. That where we stayed. No joke.

Beach was crap, the rest of it was amazing, we stayed in a luxury suite.

Wasn’t really a palace though daz.  ;D

Very nice though 👍🏼

You wanna head to the little hut on the beach, that’s there where you can book the whale shark diving and other bits and bobs.

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2019, 08:43:43 am »
Strange when you put ‘work harder’ on you signature.  ???

i put "price higher/work harder" on my signature as a motivational thing many years ago now and its worked...my prices are higher and i work harder(but in a shorter time frame)....than i used too.....

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2019, 08:54:18 am »

Your joking. That where we stayed. No joke.

Beach was crap, the rest of it was amazing, we stayed in a luxury suite.

Wasn’t really a palace though daz.  ;D

Very nice though 👍🏼

You wanna head to the little hut on the beach, that’s there where you can book the whale shark diving and other bits and bobs.

did you go to chichen itza while you were there?thats where me and the missus fancy visiting,maybe swimming in a cenote too.......not bothered about beaches TBH....as long as theres good food,hot weather,a gym and a few nice pools  im happy! 8)

glad you enjoyed it mate....

Dry Clean

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2019, 08:59:13 am »

Would there be room for Dazmond an extreme pole, a hot water system, electric reel and a woman all in the same bed ?

jonboywalton75

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2019, 09:03:43 am »

Would there be room for Dazmond an extreme pole, a hot water system, electric reel and a woman all in the same bed ?

Please stop joining in with my posts Sean, as  people will think we're doubleteaming😫😫😫😫😂

John Mart

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2019, 09:09:08 am »

He could lose the woman and still be happy as a pig in ......

Slacky

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2019, 09:19:03 am »
Daz show us a pic of the missus, as its Valentines Day....