Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Re: Average wage for a window cleaner
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2019, 01:34:43 pm »
Im a pretty laid back type of guy or atleast i try to be.
A mate of mine employed two additional chaps when i left off from helping him. 2 additional chaps to cover the work that me n him did and not due to any additional work as he yet had to gain more work. (Yes we were and still are friends, so this i know).
Ive also employed and trained many up. My mate used to stress about getting the money in inorder to pay the wages etc. Now for me, thats stress i can do without. On one hand you can eventually expand and so your take home becomes bigger but on the other, you gain bigger bills n more stress.  For me, thats not worth it at this point in my life. For others it is and thats absolutely fine and dandy.
For lee, hes got an empire and no doubt well known in his area. So putting income to one side, his marketing and amount of vans on the road, seen by the general public must do his name well.  Obviously the bigger you get, the bigger the bills and stresses increase. HOWEVER,  to balance that out, Lee doesnt have to work very hard at this point and certainly not on the glass and his take home pay is pretty impressive. Now if you put yourself in lees shoes, you trully wouldnt feel that its not worth it so dont offer silly suggestions and counter argue when this is questioned.

As far as the consultation fee is concerned, this makes me laugh more.  The amount of pricing arguements on here is ridiculous  ;D and many have said its not worth getting out of bed for that much bla bla bla 😂 and then we call into question how much money should be charged for information that someone has gained and you can clearly see has worked 😂😂 At the same time as shooting down ones for possibly helping people out who might become a competitor.   Sometimes i dont understand peoples logic sometimes.

Yes there may be better ways in putting some information accross but arent we all big enough to take some knocks on the chin n suck it up.
Haha ive been told to get thicker skin, come on guys, swallow your own advice sometimes hey
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #281 on: February 13, 2019, 01:36:08 pm »
Maybe sometimes Lee does come across as a bit arrogant or bragging. But he says he’s had to be to get where he is. Maybe he could be a bit more humble but then who am I to tell him? He’s been there, done it & worn the t-shirt. I think he’s done great. Very inspiring.  Am I envious? - Hell yes!

Now go ahead & slag me off for being a brown noser! ;D

I would say more gullible and wet behind the ears than a brown noser, would you pay millions for a business that would just about give you a £150k a year return, off course you wouldn't, but when somebody mentions a million pound turnover you drool at the mouth without even looking or questioning  what it actually means.
£150k a year profit on under a million turnover is pretty brilliant. You're talking s4ite Sean.

Simon look a this reply from 8 weekly, on first look you would say it makes sense but when you do a bit of digging its just stupid.
When lee hits the one million mark he will have 12 men on the glass and two office staff all relying on £150k a year profit to keep the company in the black, also remember that Lee has to be paid from this and pay back all the marketing and investments before that £150k actually becomes real profit, like I said its a house of cards.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #282 on: February 13, 2019, 01:39:55 pm »
Maybe sometimes Lee does come across as a bit arrogant or bragging. But he says he’s had to be to get where he is. Maybe he could be a bit more humble but then who am I to tell him? He’s been there, done it & worn the t-shirt. I think he’s done great. Very inspiring.  Am I envious? - Hell yes!

I would say more gullible and wet behind the ears than a brown noser, would you pay millions for a business that would just about give you a £150k a year return, off course you wouldn't, but when somebody mentions a million pound turnover you drool at the mouth without even looking or questioning  what it actually means.
£150k a year profit on under a million turnover is pretty brilliant. You're talking s4ite Sean.

When you put it that way 8 weekly, it made me think.
I've probably earned between 750,00 to 1mill gross, in total from years window cleaning
If my net was 150 grand I'd be gutted😭😭😭

Slacky

« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2019, 01:51:06 pm »
More popcorn anyone?

John Mart

« Reply #284 on: February 13, 2019, 01:52:27 pm »

I've probably earned between 750,00 to 1mill gross, in total from years window cleaning
But you have had to go out and clean windows  for what 10 years for that? Lee's not cleaned a window and earned it in one year!  What is wrong with people?? In your 10 years Lee would pocket £1.5m - £2.0m  profit if he does nothing. Or on the basis a business is worth 5 years profit he could sell it for £1m.

Slacky

« Reply #285 on: February 13, 2019, 01:56:54 pm »
I don’t know why you bother Steve.

Although I’ve flogged shedloads of popcorn. Keep it up, I’m off to Dubai on the mark-up alone.

Dry Clean

« Reply #286 on: February 13, 2019, 02:10:24 pm »

Although I’ve flogged shedloads of popcorn. Keep it up, I’m off to Dubai on the mark-up alone.

He bothers because he like likes to debate, the better question is why do you ?

John Mart

« Reply #287 on: February 13, 2019, 02:14:30 pm »

Say hi to Daz for me.  ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #288 on: February 13, 2019, 02:17:30 pm »

Say hi to Daz for me.  ;D

Daz is in Mexico the Dubai for sole traders. lol

Simon Trapani

« Reply #289 on: February 13, 2019, 02:19:18 pm »

Simon look a this reply from 8 weekly, on first look you would say it makes sense but when you do a bit of digging its just stupid.
When lee hits the one million mark he will have 12 men on the glass and two office staff all relying on £150k a year profit to keep the company in the black, also remember that Lee has to be paid from this and pay back all the marketing and investments before that £150k actually becomes real profit, like I said its a house of cards.
Time will tell I guess...

Lee Pryor

« Reply #290 on: February 13, 2019, 02:36:29 pm »

Ok fine...…. here we go then.

£1millon turnover
£150k vat
£384k 12 cleaners (includes holiday pay NI ect)
£45k 2 office staff
£39k van finance
£30k premises rent and bills
£40k diesel
£12k vehicle maintenance
£12k consumables - poles resin brushes ect ect
£2.5k accountant fees
£30k marketing (to maintain NOT grow)
£255,500.00 gross profit
£48,545 corporation tax at 19%
£206,955.00 Net profit (mine!!!)

Taken as a divided I get a take home pay after tax of £145,304.00 or £12,108.66 a month...……..Almost without needing to work. Anyone thinks that's no good better look at themselves first.

A for the money I invested from my house (nearly 200k) I can take that back without paying any tax as it was a loan to my company from me. I currently only pay myself £50k PAYE to live month to month, The rest is re spent re invested. When I achieve the size I want I will take my loan back and use that for the deposit of the next house.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

G Griffin

« Reply #291 on: February 13, 2019, 02:37:52 pm »

Yes im proud that i was able to load up my small scudo van with an ibc tank all by myself. To pick it up and push like mad to make it fit in the back so I could take it home to set up.
Im proud that i was able to push as well as carry it a fraction into my rear garden. The reason im particular proud of that, is simple, i aint fit enough to do so again now as im no where near as fit as i was 3 or 4 yrs ago. Yet that will drive me to get back to the gym for some escape time and health benefit at the same time.
You should have emptied it first.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

jonboywalton75

« Reply #292 on: February 13, 2019, 02:38:09 pm »

But you have had to go out and clean windows  for what 10 years for that? Lee's not cleaned a window and earned it in one year!  What is wrong with people?? In your 10 years Lee would pocket £1.5m - £2.0m  profit if he does nothing. Or on the basis a business is worth 5 years profit he could sell it for £1m.

Of course I totally get what you say there.
I was being naughty again
It's all down to the type of person you are and what you are prepared to sacrifice for you're business.
Guess I'm just not that sort of person.
Pretty easily satisfied to be honest.
I've got enough, and I'm not prepared to work any harder to get more.
Glad I'm helping with the popcorn business though Slacky.
Surprised this thread hasn't been locked already.
It's been quite good fun while it's lasted hasn't it😊

nathankaye

« Reply #293 on: February 13, 2019, 02:50:43 pm »
Think theres more to be added, reckon theres another 2 more pages of posts to come yet.
Might get some popcorn myself now and just watch from the side lines
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #294 on: February 13, 2019, 03:05:31 pm »
its the green eyed monster with some of you im sure of it......luckily i dont suffer with this as i make a comfortable relatively stress free living and dont need to make any more money to have a contented happy life...my brother is a millionaire and lives a very jet set lifestyle at times but im not jealous/envious one bit....he s worked very hard for it and has lots of worries/hassle running a business employing over 50 people,premises,offices etc

once you reach a certain level of income you become content and happy with your lot......that certainly is the case with me....

i wish lee well in his business,we cant all be alan sugars.......(nor would we want to be when you realise the stress,hassle,sleepless nights and hard work that comes with it).....

Don't be silly Dazmond we all suffer from the green eyed monster, its what drives us, I'm envious of 8 weekly's new motorhome but it doesn't mean I hate him for having it.

no we dont.....speak for yourself sean......i cant think of anything worse than owning a motorhome! :D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #295 on: February 13, 2019, 03:20:54 pm »
Come off it Daz, a motor home is light years better than an electric reel and a diesel heater😂😂😂

John Mart

« Reply #296 on: February 13, 2019, 03:47:45 pm »
its the green eyed monster with some of you im sure of it......luckily i dont suffer with this as i make a comfortable relatively stress free living and dont need to make any more money to have a contented happy life...my brother is a millionaire and lives a very jet set lifestyle at times but im not jealous/envious one bit....he s worked very hard for it and has lots of worries/hassle running a business employing over 50 people,premises,offices etc

once you reach a certain level of income you become content and happy with your lot......that certainly is the case with me....

i wish lee well in his business,we cant all be alan sugars.......(nor would we want to be when you realise the stress,hassle,sleepless nights and hard work that comes with it).....

Don't be silly Dazmond we all suffer from the green eyed monster, its what drives us, I'm envious of 8 weekly's new motorhome but it doesn't mean I hate him for having it.

no we dont.....speak for yourself sean......i cant think of anything worse than owning a motorhome! :D ;D ;D
Needles in your eyes?  ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #297 on: February 13, 2019, 04:46:27 pm »
A couple of points ... three actually.

1. Nathan. Please use paragraph breaks.

2. I can think of something worse than a motorhome.  My caravan.

3. Don't tell Tosh about this thread; if he joins in it will be longer than the Brexit one.
It's a game of three halves!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #298 on: February 13, 2019, 04:54:03 pm »
Funny how the speculating and saying im full of BS and wibble has stoped since my figure breakdown post. Maybe not BS after all then. Strange that I know my numbers better than someone that doesn't even know me. ha!
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Dry Clean

« Reply #299 on: February 13, 2019, 05:06:29 pm »
Funny how the speculating and saying im full of BS and wibble has stoped since my figure breakdown post. Maybe not BS after all then. Strange that I know my numbers better than someone that doesn't even know me. ha!

Nonsense you've left a few things off your list, insurances, water charges, and your VAT and vehicle costs are a bit on the low side, there's easily another £50k on those outgoings, so £150k isn't far off the mark.
Plus I see you have also ignored the money already invested in marketing and so forth to get you to the level you are at now, this also has to be repayed before you can even say you are in profit.