Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Average wage for a window cleaner
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2019, 08:29:08 am »
its the green eyed monster with some of you im sure of it......luckily i dont suffer with this as i make a comfortable relatively stress free living and dont need to make any more money to have a contented happy life...my brother is a millionaire and lives a very jet set lifestyle at times but im not jealous/envious one bit....he s worked very hard for it and has lots of worries/hassle running a business employing over 50 people,premises,offices etc

once you reach a certain level of income you become content and happy with your lot......that certainly is the case with me....

i wish lee well in his business,we cant all be alan sugars.......(nor would we want to be when you realise the stress,hassle,sleepless nights and hard work that comes with it).....
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2019, 08:49:36 am »
Its business talk Gold, members keep yapping about the lack of it on here, if Lee doesn't want his business results challenged then why does he post them ? Lee is where he is, the question is, looking at his percentages/ returns would it be worth it for others to do the same, in my opinion ( going by Lees own freely posted figures) there just isn't the return to justify the time and more importantly the money he has invested to do it.

Dry Clean

« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2019, 08:56:27 am »
its the green eyed monster with some of you im sure of it......luckily i dont suffer with this as i make a comfortable relatively stress free living and dont need to make any more money to have a contented happy life...my brother is a millionaire and lives a very jet set lifestyle at times but im not jealous/envious one bit....he s worked very hard for it and has lots of worries/hassle running a business employing over 50 people,premises,offices etc

once you reach a certain level of income you become content and happy with your lot......that certainly is the case with me....

i wish lee well in his business,we cant all be alan sugars.......(nor would we want to be when you realise the stress,hassle,sleepless nights and hard work that comes with it).....

Don't be silly Dazmond we all suffer from the green eyed monster, its what drives us, I'm envious of 8 weekly's new motorhome but it doesn't mean I hate him for having it.

John Mart

« Reply #263 on: February 13, 2019, 08:57:00 am »
Its business talk Gold, members keep yapping about the lack of it on here, if Lee doesn't want his business results challenged then why does he post them ? Lee is where he is, the question is, looking at his percentages/ returns would it be worth it for others to do the same, in my opinion ( going by Lees own freely posted figures) there just isn't the return to justify the time and more importantly the money he has invested to do it.
£150k a year not worth it?  ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #264 on: February 13, 2019, 09:00:20 am »

Look what he's spent on marketing alone to get it, £150k a year is fantastic but if you have spent a few million quid to get it then not so good.

John Mart

« Reply #265 on: February 13, 2019, 09:08:19 am »

Look what he's spent on marketing alone to get it, £150k a year is fantastic but if you have spent a few million quid to get it then not so good.
He hasn't spent a few million and additionally if he wanted he could just sit back. He's got all of the functions covered bar strategy and marketing. I reckon your figures are suspect mind you as he only posted some figures and incomes but let's say it's £150k. Stress free as someone else is dealing with all the cr@p from customers. I do think he could squeeze a bit more out of his workers mind you. I get more from mine but perhaps he gets less complaints on average?

Ooooooog

« Reply #266 on: February 13, 2019, 09:12:05 am »

What sort of return would justify it for you?

I may be wrong but I don’t think it’s necessarily all about the money, for some people. It’s about what it’s possible to achieve. Standing still is uncomfortable for some, where it’s easy for others.
How do you make a dull job interesting? Challenge yourself to grow it as large as you can.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #267 on: February 13, 2019, 09:14:46 am »
There are a lot duller jobs than ours.
I like being outdoors (most of the time)
Headphones on and chill out😎

Dry Clean

« Reply #268 on: February 13, 2019, 09:18:50 am »

He hasn't spent a few million and additionally if he wanted he could just sit back. He's got all of the functions covered bar strategy and marketing. I reckon your figures are suspect mind you as he only posted some figures and incomes but let's say it's £150k. Stress free as someone else is dealing with all the cr@p from customers. I do think he could squeeze a bit more out of his workers mind you. I get more from mine but perhaps he gets less complaints on average?

Look back at his posts and you will find he's well into the second million for marketing alone, I think he said £100k this year  alone,
No such thing as strees free, at the end of the day all the final says are still down to you.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #269 on: February 13, 2019, 09:21:15 am »
You lot need to get out and clean some windows.  Too much time on hands for some  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Dry Clean

« Reply #270 on: February 13, 2019, 09:34:48 am »
Iv a 36 hour commercial job to do over this weekend, so I will be doing very little until Friday. lol

Lee Pryor

« Reply #271 on: February 13, 2019, 09:51:47 am »
Ah I do love getting up to find lots of people talking about me haha. I think we will have some real fun this year with the youtube chanel.

8 weekly. yes its true to get more out of them. we have already started this and I feel our average this year will be 85k per head, certainly above 80k.

Its each to their own on here isnt is, suppose I earn 200k and only have to work lets say 2 days a week or maybe even less, I already dont work full time and when I am there I dont answer the phone or do any of the day to day stuff anymore. Its like the point when you get off the tools cleaning windows and become office based, Ive gone to the next level past that and am now off the office tools so to speak. Its not all about money, I am very lucky to be in a great relationship with my partner, so my work freedom alows me to spend more time with her. Im also a health and fitness fanatic so I have time for that.

frankly if some people here think around 200k and less than part time hours isnt worth it they must be mad but I suppose they are entitled to their opinion.

Im having thoughts about pushing past  that point to be honest. depends how this year goes. I said recently on another thread I was almost done. I may change my mind about that. I think I could get to 20 vans and 1.7 million within 3 years if I really went all in. I wonder if the same people would think that 400-500k a year and less than part time was worth the effort and expense. haha Should make for some interesting videos trying to achieve that. Dont forget im 38 years old, pushing on for another few years to be at that point by 41-42 doesnt sound to bad.

In the mean time I only pay myself enough out of the business to live in my house drive a nice car and go on some nice holidays and weekend breaks with my partner (off to the new forest this weekend). The rest gets re invested and spent so I dont have to pay any corporation tax, why would you when it could be spent on growth. Im playing the long game.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Dave Willis

« Reply #272 on: February 13, 2019, 10:30:26 am »
I don’t answer the phone either these days.

nathankaye

« Reply #273 on: February 13, 2019, 10:54:30 am »
Caught up again 😂😂

Someone mentioned that we all have the human tendency to be green eyed and yes everybody has that ability to do so and be envious at the same time.

A point to remember is that we all have the human tendency to be proud of what weve achieved and perhaps be boastful and why not!  Im proud to say i own my own business and i have grown it to the point of where it is now.  Im proud that ive been able to help ones out and spend time with them switching onto wfp and sharing some knowledge with them.   Im proud that i use hot water for cleaning when others try to shoot you down for doing so.

Yes im proud that i was able to load up my small scudo van with an ibc tank all by myself. To pick it up and push like mad to make it fit in the back so I could take it home to set up.
Im proud that i was able to push as well as carry it a fraction into my rear garden. The reason im particular proud of that, is simple, i aint fit enough to do so again now as im no where near as fit as i was 3 or 4 yrs ago. Yet that will drive me to get back to the gym for some escape time and health benefit at the same time.

So back to Lee, why cant he be proud and yes rub it in your / my face that hes suceeding (not that i am saying he is, as ive said on another post,it depends on your own mind set as to how you take his posts) as many said hes a fool for doing so!  Yet many cant be content with that and as usual have to come in like a bull in a china shop and pick the little points to try n find a weakness. Why??? Its obvious lee aint going to tell you all the information and yet many want to speculate this or that!  Personnally im still learning as i go through life that when i speculate on something, by time im all caught up and at the end of that journey, im no where near the speculated answers i was so fixated at! Im in a completely different place.

So some may try and justify their reasons for being argumentative as do i at times. But really!? Is it worth it when all said n done.   NO we dont need you tontry n point out errors or percieved errors, i believe all on here are fully grown a$$ men/women or non binary or other descript word (incase i aint being politically correct) to make our own mind up on these issues.

Mod note: Gold here! I'm proud to have gone in to your post and put paragraph breaks in so we can read it.
  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #274 on: February 13, 2019, 11:54:58 am »
Maybe sometimes Lee does come across as a bit arrogant or bragging. But he says he’s had to be to get where he is. Maybe he could be a bit more humble but then who am I to tell him? He’s been there, done it & worn the t-shirt. I think he’s done great. Very inspiring.  Am I envious? - Hell yes!

Now go ahead & slag me off for being a brown noser! ;D

Simon Trapani

« Reply #275 on: February 13, 2019, 12:02:32 pm »
Just to add, and I don’t know Lee personally but I wish we had a Lee Pryor q&a thread. I have loads of questions for him regarding which poles, which setups, one or two man etc. Why domestics etc etc. Not earnings questions. Practical help.  Can’t afford £500 for a consultation though! :)

Dry Clean

« Reply #276 on: February 13, 2019, 12:41:54 pm »
Maybe sometimes Lee does come across as a bit arrogant or bragging. But he says he’s had to be to get where he is. Maybe he could be a bit more humble but then who am I to tell him? He’s been there, done it & worn the t-shirt. I think he’s done great. Very inspiring.  Am I envious? - Hell yes!

I would say more gullible and wet behind the ears than a brown noser, would you pay millions for a business that would just about give you a £150k a year return, off course you wouldn't, but when somebody mentions a million pound turnover you drool at the mouth without even looking or questioning  what it actually means.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #277 on: February 13, 2019, 01:00:49 pm »
I’m not gullible pal. I’ve employed one person full time in a separate van for the past 5 years. I’ve been a self employed window cleaner 27 years.

I don’t think anyone has a problem with you or anyone asking questions. Sometimes though you’ve just gotta accept the answers you’re given. Just let it go once you’ve made your point. You may not believe them, that’s up to you. There is a lot of bullpoop in this business, granted. You just seem intent on trying to p people off though.

John Mart

« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2019, 01:11:03 pm »

I would say more gullible and wet behind the ears than a brown noser, would you pay millions for a business that would just about give you a £150k a year return, off course you wouldn't, but when somebody mentions a million pound turnover you drool at the mouth without even looking or questioning  what it actually means.
£150k a year profit on under a million turnover is pretty brilliant. You're talking s4ite Sean.

Dry Clean

« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2019, 01:13:43 pm »
I’m not gullible pal. I’ve employed one person full time in a separate van for the past 5 years. I’ve been a self employed window cleaner 27 years.

I don’t think anyone has a problem with you or anyone asking questions. Sometimes though you’ve just gotta accept the answers you’re given. Just let it go once you’ve made your point. You may not believe them, that’s up to you. There is a lot of bullpoop in this business, granted. You just seem intent on trying to p people off though.

If the answers make sense you have to accept them, there's a lot of bullpoop in this business because when people challenge it they get called haters or trouble makers, you cant have it both ways.
I'm not trying to p you off but if you are going to make bold statements about Lee Pryor or anybody else at least look into what they have actually done and dare to question it.