This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zesty

Average wage for a window cleaner
« on: February 02, 2019, 08:14:46 am »
£21,470 on a quick google search.

Looks like window cleaners are either poor, or cash is still king.

No way could I live off that wage!

deeege

Re: Average wage for a window cleaner
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 08:25:07 am »
£21,470 on a quick google search.

Looks like window cleaners are either poor, or cash is still king.

No way could I live off that wage!

That will be for employed Window Cleaners. Btw employed window cleaners in my area earn nowhere near that much. £50 /per day (cash) is still the going rate up here.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 09:33:33 am »
A guy near me  pays £35 a day cash in hand to his helpers....tradders....
price higher/work harder!

Slacky

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 09:35:14 am »
The repayments on the motor are £20,000 a year.

zesty

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 01:00:18 pm »

That’s ridiculous!

I remember when I was 18 working with a family friend I was on £42 a day. That was 10 years ago, and even then that was a poor wage for down here.

It forced me to start my own round though, never looked back.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 01:23:06 pm »

That’s ridiculous!

I remember when I was 18 working with a family friend I was on £42 a day. That was 10 years ago, and even then that was a poor wage for down here.

It forced me to start my own round though, never looked back.

the same guy used to pay me £20 a day back in 1992! ;D

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 02:17:08 pm »
I pay myself quite a bit less than that to be fair.

I don't really find it a problem as used to live on about 16k a year before being a window cleaner.

The rest is staying in my company for growth.

To be honest I wouldn't know what to do with 40-50k a year, just not used to having money I would just waste it on crap.

zesty

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 02:21:46 pm »

I don't really find it a problem as used to live on about 16k a year before being a window cleaner.

To be honest I wouldn't know what to do with 40-50k a year, just not used to having money I would just waste it on crap.

It’s amazing how you end up spending it mate, I survived on next to nothing when I went solo at 22 years old. Then again I was living at home with with my mum

My wage is much much bigger now, yet still find ways to spend it. Mortgage, bills, home improvements, holidays, gym, sports, meals, out with friends etc.

I think we live to our means. Take lee, he’s got a nice wage, a big company, but it’s all relevant, he’s got the expensive car etc to pay for.

If I lived like I did when living at home with my mum now, I’d be rolling in it 😎

Instead, there always seems to be something to spend it on!

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 02:39:02 pm »

It’s amazing how you end up spending it mate, I survived on next to nothing when I went solo at 22 years old. Then again I was living at home with with my mum

My wage is much much bigger now, yet still find ways to spend it. Mortgage, bills, home improvements, holidays, gym, sports, meals, out with friends etc.

I think we live to our means. Take lee, he’s got a nice wage, a big company, but it’s all relevant, he’s got the expensive car etc to pay for.

If I lived like I did when living at home with my mum now, I’d be rolling in it 😎

f**k it......just spend it if you ve got it.....buy(or lease) a nice new car,go on exotic holidays and stay in luxury hotels and dine in the finest restaurants,have a professionally fitted diesel heater if you want one and an expensive electric reel.....you only live once....we ll all be dead in a few years anyway....you cant take it with you...... ;D

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 02:59:28 pm »
this is AFTER you ve got a solid round/business and have a healthy emergency fund built up of at least 3 months outgoings(preferably 6 months)......this can take a few years to achieve but all the best things in life take time to build.......

just like our personal relationships.....nearly 7 years with my missus now....

playing drums(honing my craft)33 years now off and on.....(started playing at 14 yrs of age)

bodybuilding(3 years going regularly after a 20 year break! ;D)

window cleaning(26 years in the business,started in 1993)

jonboywalton75

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 03:14:18 pm »

f**k it......just spend it if you ve got it.....buy(or lease) a nice new car,go on exotic holidays and stay in luxury hotels and dine in the finest restaurants,have a professionally fitted diesel heater if you want one and an expensive electric reel.....you only live once....we ll all be dead in a few years anyway....you cant take it with you...... ;D

I love it Daz, when you put luxury holidays in the same sentence as a diesel heater, as if they are BOTH worth spending you're hard earned on.

I would shell out on one of those things but wouldn't put both down as sensible ways of spending my money 😅 😅😅😅

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 03:20:13 pm »
each to their own mate but i dont regret splashing out on the grippa heater one bit.....its a quality piece of kit and comes into its own during this biting cold weather..... :)

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 03:49:57 pm »
Ita all relevant isnt it, pending where you live and the cost of living. For instance i would love to charge all my customers london prices but thats never going to happen.
Back in the day when i worked for other shiners in my late teens (18/19) i was only getting between 20 - 30 a day.
Yes theres plenty of work for everyone and im trying to expand into affluent areas but i find they can be more tight than areas less off.  But many have targeted these areas and still charge relatively low prices to keep competition out. Whichbis fair enough to them, but i would rather charge a good price and be kept because they dont want to loose a good cleaner.
So peoples yearly net or gross is pending where they are.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

swanson

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 03:51:59 pm »
Have want you want in life
As long as you can afford it

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 06:52:12 pm »

I think it's best to invest some and spend some. If you spend it all you are not growing your income and if you invest it all you are not enjoying the money you make.

A balance is best I think.

If I want something I buy it and i go on holiday 2-3 times a year. Want for nothing really just not an extravagant person.

zesty

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2019, 08:42:57 am »

Daz, I do all that. Except for the leased van. I bought my custom out right  ;D

Last year went to:

Oxford for a long weekend in April (4 star)

Corfu in May (4star)

Zakynthos very end of August (4 star)

Budapest for a long weekend in December.

That why I was telling Gomo, as my wage increased so did my spending  :o

Also my vans better than yours daz, it’s a transit custom limited  8) ;D

I don’t stay 5 star, but then my mortgage and bills are much much higher than your rent, swings and roundabouts mate  ;)

I always remember where I’ve come from though. I started my round with a ladder, squeegees cloths and applicator. Used to walk round my estate cleaning 4 houses. That’s where it started. Didn’t even have a car with a roof rack, so had to walk!

Amazing how far I’ve come, I’m not rich, but live very comfortably, and feel blessed to be where I am. Never ever would have  dreamed I’d be in this position as a window cleaner. 👍🏼

It’s good to see where your at these days too Daz. I know your past has been rocky. Les be thankful!

Must say though, if I lived in Manchester, I’d need atleast 8 holidays to get away from the weather 😜

RPCCS

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2019, 11:03:38 am »
21k?  That’s a laugh! I don’t get anywhere near that, after 30 years, and yes it’s my own business.
Cheers Rich

Shrek

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2019, 11:25:58 am »
21k?  That’s a laugh! I don’t get anywhere near that, after 30 years, and yes it’s my own business.

Same here  :'(

Lee Pryor

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2019, 12:03:42 pm »

How is this possible even up north? This cant be right can it?

All my employees are earning over £30k a year working for me (cleaners) my office staff both earn over £25k

The lowest I would expect a one man band who works for himself has to be £150 a day??
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2019, 12:34:11 pm »

Clearly not charging enough.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3