This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2018, 10:37:24 pm »
Looking good Jonny!

This is where a video would genuinely be helpful, I’m on the fence with forking out for one of these.

Jonny could you do a walk round video of the heater showing it working etc? Also can you use a separate diesel tank? I wouldn’t want to be drawing from the van tank if possible....

I’ll do that. 👍 I’m havung to finish work earlier these days with the dark nights so I’ve a spare bit of time.

Yeah you can have a separate diesel tank no problem.

nice one.

why do you want a separate tank?you cant run these heaters on RED DIESEL so you might as well have it plumbed into your van tank for ease of use....

Daz what on earth is your Mancunian brain on about?

Red diesel?

It’s purely because i change my van around every 3 years so always do as little messing about with it as possible.

Why would you make such an assumption? Good job your a window cleaner mate, cos there ain’t much going on upstairs.  😘

because most window cleaners that ask that question is cos they want to run their heaters on red diesel......

keep your hair on you southern softie! ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2018, 10:43:50 pm »
Yeah it sounds like it you only ever comment with sarcasm and what very much appears to be jealousy,you seem to pop up when someone’s doing well with a put down or 2.

Sorry, I thought that was you ? - your quick to brag that you only do  £300 quid houses and everyone else are mugs for doing 20 to 25 quid properties

Basically for me and IMO - the diesel is a great item for delivering hot water - however the outlay and then running costs fr outweigh the marginal benefit it has - immersion heater provides 30 to 40 deg hot water for £30 quid - this gives the same benefit in supple hoses etc as the 4k heater - and basically if it gets to lower than minus 3 with ice and snow all around we won't be going out anyway - too much risk with vans and leaving paths to ice over after cleaning

when you buy a hot box for pressure washing from 750 quid I do wonder how much extra grippatank et al have lumped on for professional fitting

I think if it takes off then will we start to see systems in the 1k region - this may then be worth using

Darran

it wouldnt be worth their while to fit heaters for 1k IMO.....i cant see it happening anytime soon.....you can go back years on here and find window cleaners saying the same thing.......they ve just gone up and up in price not down.....

Jonny 87

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2018, 11:35:42 pm »
The webasto 9kw heater on its own costs about £1500. That’s before any fitting, heat exchangers, pipework, cabinets etc.

There expensive, but they work very very well.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2018, 11:02:01 am »
Well worth the money.

Smudger

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2018, 01:35:14 pm »
The webasto 9kw heater on its own costs about £1500. That’s before any fitting, heat exchangers, pipework, cabinets etc.

thats my point - £1500 for the boiler. ( thats retail so trade its probably £800 ) -  so your paying £2500 for a few bits of pipework and a bit of folded sheet metal and a 'fitter' to screw/bolt things in place

im not knocking that the company wants to make money thats. what were all here for, however somewhere if there becomes a real demand then the boilers will drop in price and people will set up and fit for less money.
currently as I said its not a profitable move to install for the benefits you get in return

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2018, 03:09:22 pm »
If you see what goes into putting it together in the cabinet I think you’d have a different opinion,I’ve had a 5kw old style wenasto heater kit turn up in bits,it’s not as easy as you may think and you need a purpose built cabinet for it all to go into correctly

NWH

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2018, 03:12:20 pm »
I cleaned a first clean this week the place was covered in bee spots that are very difficult to remove even traditionally from the summer,hot water WFP made very short work of it came off with ease.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2018, 03:17:13 pm »
Reminds me of the trad guys agurment many years ago when the expense of wfp came out  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Smudger

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2018, 03:35:15 pm »
Big difference between trad and setting up wfp where you instantly double your turn over a day to spending 4K for maybe a 2 to 3% increase in productivity the main advantage seems to be “comfort” - I get that via immersion heating water over night

I used to be in that trade so I know exactly what it takes to knock out a cabinet etc

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2018, 03:58:40 pm »
Big difference between trad and setting up wfp where you instantly double your turn over a day to spending 4K for maybe a 2 to 3% increase in productivity the main advantage seems to be “comfort” - I get that via immersion heating water over night

I used to be in that trade so I know exactly what it takes to knock out a cabinet etc

Darran

How do you even measure or notice a 2% to 3% increase, answer is you cant which is why all we get are silly over the top claims, lets be honest all we have here is a must have gadget for guys who want must have gadgets, its nothing to do with business or making money,

Dry Clean

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2018, 03:59:11 pm »
Reminds me of the trad guys agurment many years ago when the expense of wfp came out  ;D

You don't get the irony do you, lol

Dry Clean

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2018, 04:02:50 pm »
The biggest difference in trad and WFP is safety, the fact that it is slightly quicker is a bonus, if made no difference to earnings  I would still be using it.

dazmond

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2018, 04:26:15 pm »

thats my point - £1500 for the boiler. ( thats retail so trade its probably £800 ) -  so your paying £2500 for a few bits of pipework and a bit of folded sheet metal and a 'fitter' to screw/bolt things in place

im not knocking that the company wants to make money thats. what were all here for, however somewhere if there becomes a real demand then the boilers will drop in price and people will set up and fit for less money.
currently as I said its not a profitable move to install for the benefits you get in return

Darran

dont forget 2 x numax batteries and the smart split charge relay that grippa fit with these systems,also £750 was VAT out of the £4500 i paid for mine,also the controllers,cabinet,etc are part of the system.....plus theres the labour,drilling 2 holes through the floor for the air inlet pipe and exhaust....not just anyone can fit these systems......

if you have a fleet of vans like you smudger its probably not financially viable but for the sole trader with a decent round and a new van then its a good investment IMO.......

dazmond

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2018, 04:32:09 pm »
The biggest difference in trad and WFP is safety, the fact that it is slightly quicker is a bonus, if made no difference to earnings  I would still be using it.

SLIGHTLY QUICKER? ::)roll  i still have jobs that used to take me 2 hours on ladders.....i can clean some of them in 40 mins WFP these days so my hourly rate on these jobs is £60-£80 an hour..happy days! 8)

NWH

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2018, 04:36:44 pm »
The main thing is safety 😂 WHAT?,no it ain’t it’s the fact you’ll earn far more money that’s a fact.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2018, 04:37:24 pm »

SLIGHTLY QUICKER? ::)roll  i still have jobs that used to take me 2 hours on ladders.....i can clean some of them in 40 mins WFP these days so my hourly rate on these jobs is £60-£80 an hour..happy days! 8)

I agree with Daz😱
It's not slightly quicker for me it's a heck of a lot quicker

NWH

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2018, 04:41:01 pm »
As far as the cabinets go it makes no sense to say I know how much they pay for them,we can’t all go and buy a cabinet I tried to buy 1 off of a supplier once and they refused to sell 1 to me for obvious reasons. As far as 3-4% goes on extra work done I know for a fact that’s nonsense,hot water knocks far more time off jobs than you think regular jobs are silly quick and it makes 3 monthly’s seem like monthly’s time wise.

dazmond

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2018, 04:46:29 pm »
after work today i tested the temperature of my water at brush end while i was washing the van.....62c!i couldnt hold my hand under it for more than 2 seconds! ;D

NWH

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2018, 04:48:55 pm »
What flow was that Daz I tested mine yesterday similar temp  at the brush not the frost stat 😂

NWH

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2018, 04:50:28 pm »
Get the van washed at the hand wash Daz I get a receipt I claim 5-600 back for getting it washed every week lol.