This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dry Clean

Re: Grippatank 9kw Hydroheat 🔥
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2018, 02:01:25 pm »
Looking good Jonny!

This is where a video would genuinely be helpful, I’m on the fence with forking out for one of these.

Jonny could you do a walk round video of the heater showing it working etc? Also can you use a separate diesel tank? I wouldn’t want to be drawing from the van tank if possible....

Show us a video of it making a difference ? the same was asked when he was wibbling about Vision, it never appeared so I doubt that will change with this latest nonsense.

Your a real ray of sunshine aren’t you Sean?  ;D

Not really sure how additives and hot water systems are nonsense? I use both now.  :)

Why not add PPB to your mix, you know you want to, lol

NWH

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2018, 02:56:06 pm »
That’s why I think Daz keeps going on about getting 25-30 at the brush he’s taking his reading from the gauge on the machine lol,that gauge reads half the real temp out the brush.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2018, 04:12:14 pm »
That’s why I think Daz keeps going on about getting 25-30 at the brush he’s taking his reading from the gauge on the machine lol,that gauge reads half the real temp out the brush.

im not stupid nigel!i know the temperature reading on the controller is the reading for the tank probe(monitoring for the frost stat).....im getting 45-60c at the brush head(i have a hand held temperature meter) depending on hose out and ambient air temperature BUT on a freezing cold day with 100m off my reel it drops to 25-30c at brush end because i lose A LOT of heat from my hose......
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2018, 04:16:34 pm »
I didn’t know you had a hot water system Dazmond. You’ve kept that quiet. Tell me more.

Smudger

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2018, 04:22:29 pm »
I didn’t know you had a hot water system Dazmond. You’ve kept that quiet. Tell me more.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

He needs to put in his tag line at the bottom of each post - save typing it every time

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2018, 04:22:50 pm »

hows it going dave? :)

apart from a few sarcastic replies i dont hear much from you on here these days mate......tired of the job?tired of life? ;D

Smudger

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2018, 04:25:07 pm »
Dave has a great sense of humour and is very witty - shame some on here don’t see the funny side

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2018, 04:45:40 pm »
Dave has a great sense of humour and is very witty - shame some on here don’t see the funny side

Darran

i do!but your getting sarcasm and being witty mixed up smudger! ;D ;D ;D

you cant beat g.griffin......now he should of been a comedian!....he s wasted as a WC! ;D

zesty

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2018, 06:18:01 pm »
Looking good Jonny!

This is where a video would genuinely be helpful, I’m on the fence with forking out for one of these.

Jonny could you do a walk round video of the heater showing it working etc? Also can you use a separate diesel tank? I wouldn’t want to be drawing from the van tank if possible....

I’ll do that. 👍 I’m havung to finish work earlier these days with the dark nights so I’ve a spare bit of time.

Yeah you can have a separate diesel tank no problem.

nice one.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2018, 06:28:44 pm »
Looking good Jonny!

I’ll do that. 👍 I’m havung to finish work earlier these days with the dark nights so I’ve a spare bit of time.

nice one.

why do you want a separate tank?you cant run these heaters on RED DIESEL so you might as well have it plumbed into your van tank for ease of use....

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2018, 06:45:12 pm »
i bet your well happy with that set up jonny!it certainly helps the day along and makes it more comfortable and easier....

yes....initial costs are high but that system should last you many years now......

like you ive  spent a few years with DIY hot systems and trying to do things on the cheap........

That’s it daz. 👍

It’s a big purchase, but it’s going to last me many many years.

I’m at the stage where I want the easiest work day as possible. Nice hot water definitely helps you in those dark, cold and miserable days we have to sometimes work in.

too right! ;D

BUT!how many other trades spend a lot of money on tools,vans etc?,much more than us window cleaners so a few thousand in the grand scheme of things is nothing long term esp if you have the heater installed in a new(or nearly new)van that your gonna keep for years and years......

Wasting money just because you have it is different to spending money on needed tools, plus why would you get to the new  van stage just to end up driving  an old one again ? as per usual your comments make little sense.

its always sour grapes with you isnt it sean? ::)roll

ive drove the old vans and cars with over 100,000 miles on the clock for years(and all the hassle,breakdowns and garage bills),made do with a cold system,barrels,backpack,trolleys,diy hot systems and messing about with gas bottles,etc,etc........

you cant beat a fresh new van and a professionally fitted hot system..... even if i keep the van for 10-15 years itll get nowhere near the 100,000+ miles on the clock of the battered vans i used to drive around in......plus i dont want to be changing my vans and systems every few years because their knackered....

NWH

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2018, 06:55:08 pm »
Don’t worry DaZ green eyes and all that m8

Dry Clean

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2018, 07:05:06 pm »
Don’t worry DaZ green eyes and all that m8

Iv more than enough stupidity to be jealous of other peoples NWH.

NWH

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2018, 07:48:57 pm »
Yeah it sounds like it you only ever comment with sarcasm and what very much appears to be jealousy,you seem to pop up when someone’s doing well with a put down or 2.

Smudger

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2018, 08:00:45 pm »
Yeah it sounds like it you only ever comment with sarcasm and what very much appears to be jealousy,you seem to pop up when someone’s doing well with a put down or 2.

Sorry, I thought that was you ? - your quick to brag that you only do  £300 quid houses and everyone else are mugs for doing 20 to 25 quid properties

Basically for me and IMO - the diesel is a great item for delivering hot water - however the outlay and then running costs fr outweigh the marginal benefit it has - immersion heater provides 30 to 40 deg hot water for £30 quid - this gives the same benefit in supple hoses etc as the 4k heater - and basically if it gets to lower than minus 3 with ice and snow all around we won't be going out anyway - too much risk with vans and leaving paths to ice over after cleaning

when you buy a hot box for pressure washing from 750 quid I do wonder how much extra grippatank et al have lumped on for professional fitting

I think if it takes off then will we start to see systems in the 1k region - this may then be worth using

Darran

Dry Clean

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2018, 08:11:36 pm »

You keep telling yourself that, it all helps. lol

zesty

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2018, 08:15:05 pm »
Looking good Jonny!

nice one.

why do you want a separate tank?you cant run these heaters on RED DIESEL so you might as well have it plumbed into your van tank for ease of use....

Daz what on earth is your Mancunian brain on about?

Red diesel?

It’s purely because i change my van around every 3 years so always do as little messing about with it as possible.

Why would you make such an assumption? Good job your a window cleaner mate, cos there ain’t much going on upstairs.  😘

Dave Willis

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2018, 08:52:17 pm »
Soooo ........ why can’t they run off red diesel then?  ‘Cos the funny thing is I own a canal boat and the central heating system runs off a Webasto unit. The only fuel being red diesel??  Nobody on a boat would use white diesel at petrol station prices. They must have warranties too.

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2018, 09:55:09 pm »
Ran my heater on red for the first 5 years of it’s life only down side is the smell if you spill, I prefer it connected to the tank of the van

It’s 15 yeas old now been retired to work part time in a friends van

I’ve use the  grippa one as it’s really compact and so much quiter than the old heater

Splash & dash

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2018, 10:18:16 pm »
Soooo ........ why can’t they run off red diesel then?  ‘Cos the funny thing is I own a canal boat and the central heating system runs off a Webasto unit. The only fuel being red diesel??  Nobody on a boat would use white diesel at petrol station prices. They must have warranties too.

Red diesel voids the warrante, a friend of mine installs theses heaters in boats and said that there is two types or grades of red diesel used in the marine environment both cause premature failing in the wabasto heater and they recomend using white diesel not red , it seams to depend where the red diesel has come from some is far worse than others , Grippatank state that using red will void the warrante and they can easily tell if it has been run on it , most wabasto dealers - installers will tell you the same thing I phoned several before having my heater put in all said don’t use red as it won’t last long