This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chrissyman

21 lpm jetmac pressure washer
« on: July 29, 2015, 04:30:07 pm »
Received new jetmac pressure washer today.  Keeps cutting out after a short length of time.  Wondering if anyone had any advice.

Putting the fuel on closing the choke putting it on the on switch.  Put unleaded in.  Cant think of what i m doing wrong.  Seems to start fine but then cuts out shortly after.  Or if i go to open the choke or change the revss

Wonder if oils needed.  Just received it today.  The oil levels seem to be fine

Any help appreciated.

samson

Re: 21 lpm jetmac pressure washer
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 04:39:25 pm »
Are you pulling the revs lever out to increase the revs slightly before starting ?

chrissyman

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 04:48:07 pm »
Cheers for reply mate.  Pulling it out?  As in moving revs lever to the left? 

Matt.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 05:29:00 pm »
Everyone's seen the advert - .... Should of gone to spec savers ........... Should of gone to Rutland pumps  ;D

davids3511

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 06:30:08 pm »
Is it unloading properly, will it run OK if the triggers pulled?

davids3511

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 06:31:52 pm »
Everyone's seen the advert - .... Should of gone to spec savers ........... Should of gone to Rutland pumps  ;D
Ben's not interested if you're on a budget.

chrissyman

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 06:39:30 pm »
Cheers for reply david.  It has been starting up got most of the back garden cleaned then cut out.  Now it cuts out after a minute or two.  Also problems starting it now.  Put 15w40 oil in the pump.  The engine looks like theres plenty of oil in already.  Put a good bit of unleaded petrol in.  And submerged the two hose things the outer bypass and the suction hose in a bucket of water.  Connected the hose to the trigger put the yellow tip in.

Can anyone confirm the starting position.

Revs at about half.  Fuel switched to on position.  Choke closed when engines cold.  Machine on.  Then pull the coil starter.  When the machine gets started do i move the choke to the open position. Then adjust revs after its been going a while.  Tried every combination available without much luck.  Any help appreciated.

Matt.

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 06:48:21 pm »

Oh, right. I was on a budget and I got what I wanted  ??? Strange coz I reckon it's cost the op the best part of £1250 new

I can't help with your problem mate coz I don't know much about them other than it starts every time for me and does the job.

davids3511

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 07:14:04 pm »

Oh, right. I was on a budget and I got what I wanted  ??? Strange coz I reckon it's cost the op the best part of £1250 new

I can't help with your problem mate coz I don't know much about them other than it starts every time for me and does the job.
Yeah, I was on a budget and he couldn't be arsed to call me back.  I was assuming it wasn't new, otherwise he'd be on to Jetmac I would have thought.

Ben Marriott

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 07:18:44 pm »
Yeah, I was on a budget and he couldn't be arsed to call me back.  I was assuming it wasn't new, otherwise he'd be on to Jetmac I would have thought.
[/quote]

Evening, don't quite think that is fair, I've never knowingly not gotten back to anyone regardless of budget!
I don't recall ever having spoken to you? If I did forget I apologise I am only human and forget things occasionally as I'm sure you do.
Rutland Pumps Limited - 01572 729412- sales@rutlandpumps.co.uk

Ben Marriott

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 07:23:02 pm »
Ref the problem with the machine - is it a Honda or Loncin engine?
Does it start and run fine with the fuel cap off?
Is the engine oil alert?

Ben :)

davids3511

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 07:30:05 pm »

Evening, don't quite think that is fair, I've never knowingly not gotten back to anyone regardless of budget!
I don't recall ever having spoken to you? If I did forget I apologise I am only human and forget things occasionally as I'm sure you do.
[/quote]

It was a throw away comment really Ben, made out of a lingering annoyance with your (lack of) service when I spoke to you. Remember when Chris Scott had to prompt you to even call me back?

chrissyman

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 07:40:47 pm »
Ref the problem with the machine - is it a Honda or Loncin engine?
Does it start and run fine with the fuel cap off?
Is the engine oil alert?

Ben :)

Cheers ben for reply.  Loncin engine.  Tried it with the cap unscrewed but still no joy.  The cap was still over the fuel tank tho just unscrewed.

Put oil in the pump as i thought that could be the problem.  However the engine oil looks like its at a good level as far as i can see mate.

Is it maybe the case of starting at 3/4 revs.  Starting it.  Moving to full revs then opening the choke.

Matt.

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 07:40:56 pm »
I think Ben is all day  ;D

Propa helped me out good style when it came to getting started, I suppose no one is perfect but Ben ........ Your very good at what you do and anyone would be happy with 9/10  ;D

Ben Marriott

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 07:46:47 pm »
Ref the machine - you shouldn't need the choke whilst running and the engine should start at just about any rpm in this weather. Have you tried popping the spark plug out and checking that? Other than that there is the possibility that you have a blocked main jet? Happens occasionally with new Honda engines but I'm not sure on the loncin - also try with lid off of air cleaner? On a Honda engine the oil should be half way up the dipstick or touching the lower threads on the casting which equates to about the same thing.

Ref David
I apologise I think I remember speaking to Chris about what spec machine you were looking for whist in hospital and that he had recommended something similar to what he uses and then speaking to you about it and you mentioned Chris had struggled to break one in however many years he's been using them as he had expected them to be a more disposable machine, I remember you wanting to discuss it with Chris, I never heard anything and can't remember following it up beyond that - there may be a quote logged on the phone system somewhere. Never the less I apologise.

davids3511

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 08:47:26 pm »
Ref the machine - you shouldn't need the choke whilst running and the engine should start at just about any rpm in this weather. Have you tried popping the spark plug out and checking that? Other than that there is the possibility that you have a blocked main jet? Happens occasionally with new Honda engines but I'm not sure on the loncin - also try with lid off of air cleaner? On a Honda engine the oil should be half way up the dipstick or touching the lower threads on the casting which equates to about the same thing.

Ref David
I apologise I think I remember speaking to Chris about what spec machine you were looking for whist in hospital and that he had recommended something similar to what he uses and then speaking to you about it and you mentioned Chris had struggled to break one in however many years he's been using them as he had expected them to be a more disposable machine, I remember you wanting to discuss it with Chris, I never heard anything and can't remember following it up beyond that - there may be a quote logged on the phone system somewhere. Never the less I apologise.
We decided on a Briggs engine and you said you needed to price it all up and would come back to me. I'm sure you were just very busy. I don't remember a hospital, you were driving about when I spoke to you.

Cleanbright UK

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 09:20:18 pm »
We had a similar problem on our Honda engine, Cut out every now and again, Always started but would die after a few minutes, Turned out to be a blocked filter in the petrol tank, Removed tank, Cleaned it out and has been problem free every since.

Not saying thats your problem as its a new machine but worth a suggestion :)
Cleanbright Solutions Uk - Home of the UKs Most Powerful Truckmount!!

www.cleanbright.co.uk

Ben Marriott

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 09:23:06 pm »
We had a similar problem on our Honda engine, Cut out every now and again, Always started but would die after a few minutes, Turned out to be a blocked filter in the petrol tank, Removed tank, Cleaned it out and has been problem free every since.

In a used machine that's usually the problem! :) bit odd in a new one but you need know what may have been in the fuel it was tested with by whoever made it? China not so good on fuel quality so worth a try :) filter may not even have been made properly, I have had one in sold by EP Barrus with no mesh in the filter just solid plastic!

samson

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 09:31:16 pm »
Cheers for reply mate.  Pulling it out?  As in moving revs lever to the left?
On the Honda machine the rev lever is pulled towards you to increase !

chrissyman

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 09:35:35 pm »

Cheers for suggesting mate.  Will have a look if i have no joy.  Advice appreciated.