This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lippy

WASTE OF MONEY
« on: April 14, 2006, 12:27:32 am »
IS WFP JUST A FAD AND A WASTE OF MONEY ??? ???

gaza

Re: WASTE OF MONEY
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 12:36:18 am »
ITS COMING TO A PLACE NEAR YOU SHORTLY,wake up smell the coffee,look at all those new buildings shooting up 3 high picked up 3 new building sites in as many months. youve got to in it to win it
gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

brett walker

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 12:37:09 am »
Hope not

just sold my traditional round changed a lot over to wfp

bought a round thats already wfp

sold 2 pairs of my ladders

invested a lot of money and time

and spend half my time on this site so if it all goes pear shape i'll be going to squeaky for a job

can anyone reassure me

worried Brett.

gaza

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 12:45:34 am »
brett get to bed,how many more times?
half your work load and make the same money
what you worried about?

gaza
theres always Lenton abbey to buy off me ;D
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

spotless2000

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 08:07:54 am »
Brett

just sold my traditional round

That didn't take you long!

Maybe you should start a new business - building up rounds and selling them on!

At least now you can concentrate on building your WFP round and not worry about looking after the old round and worrying if you're ever going to get a buyer. :)

Hope you got what you wanted for it.

Onwards & Upwards! (without ladders) ;)

Steve

Archy136

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 09:34:31 am »
No. Next question..

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 12:04:43 pm »
Yes. Next question. ;D

Morph

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 12:15:36 pm »
Are clean windows important?

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 12:30:20 pm »
Once you've tried it you'll never go back!! ;D ;D I begrudge going up my ladder for anything!!

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 01:40:00 pm »
the days of the flatcap boys on push bikes carrying an a frame ladder are well into the past

we now live in a society of modern technology so open your eyes and move on from and out of the caves
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

John Conroy

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 02:28:13 pm »
Its a changing industry, in any industry if you don’t move with the times you get left behind

WFP is the future of window cleaning

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 02:38:02 pm »
Jay, not so long ago I helped a guy from Coventry build a WFP system into his  push bike - he couldnt drive.

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 02:52:05 pm »
WFP isn't a waste of money.  I've never heard of anyone transferring to WFP, then going back to ladders.

However, there is a local WFP guy who lives near me who has had some 'doubts' about it; but he seems to have got the knack and embraced the technology.

I find I'm taking on jobs that I would've refused pre-WFP.  This morning I cleaned a large farmhouse, with veluxes and dormers in the attic and a large Georgian windowed conservatory (including roof; every month).

That job would've been rotten to do traditional; extremely hard work and quite a few awkward windows would've had to have been missed.

But it's a breeze with a WFP and it pays an excellent hourly rate.

matt

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 03:21:15 pm »
what is a waste of money with WFP is when people go and buy a 4 K system when they could build something the same for a 1/4 of the price and it would take then a few hours to order the bits and a weekend to put it togther ;)

steve k

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 03:28:21 pm »
matt...agree totally...what the manufacturers seem to use as a unique selling point is "after sales service"...you can get that here for free ;D

By the way...I am only able to have this opinion after buying a system and then dismantling the van based RO to set up as a static system in my shed. I then realised how easy and uncomplicated the set up is...looks almost scientific in the van...I now know how simple it really is!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2006, 03:47:52 pm »
Yeah it's rubbish.  That job I used to do in 3 and a half hours now takes 2 hours 10 minutes.  Another one that was 2 hours 5 minutes is now one hour and 10 minutes - both of them without my feet leaving the ground (the times for the first cleans with WFP were rather longer but that's only once).  In all honesty though, the smaller jobs have less time advantage but I intend to adjust my round to the equipment I use in time.  The only reason I have not already made the big leap into getting new, larger work is due to the probability of a drought order in the area.  I need to leave the option of ladders (whether legal or not) open to me as reverting to ladders is better than no income at all.

dustycorner

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 03:51:26 pm »
Hi all,

I'm in the process of switching to wfp and i definately hope this is the future. I hope that within the next 5 to 10 years wfp is the recognised method for window cleaners because in my view it will do the folowing

1. Make our jobs safer
2. With increased customer awareness of HSE regulations they more likely to use a wc using wfp.
3. If point 2 is correct then it surely follows it will make it harder for the cowboys who appear in springtime with a ladder, rag and sponge "do your windows for a couple quid missus" brigade.
4. Also i think it will help with cost i.e. insurance and hopefully get better priced work.

If all the reports are true that wfp can increase productivity then surely thats good, personally i would want the maximum income from minimum timespan.

Cheers Mark.

ps i'm only on here today cos i can't find my easter egg.

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2006, 04:26:52 pm »
Jay, not so long ago I helped a guy from Coventry build a WFP system into his  push bike - he couldnt drive.
well jeff i stand corrected on the push bike bit

i would have loved to seen a pic of it
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 04:30:31 pm »
Yeah it's rubbish.  That job I used to do in 3 and a half hours now takes 2 hours 10 minutes.  Another one that was 2 hours 5 minutes is now one hour and 10 minutes - both of them without my feet leaving the ground (the times for the first cleans with WFP were rather longer but that's only once).  In all honesty though, the smaller jobs have less time advantage but I intend to adjust my round to the equipment I use in time.  The only reason I have not already made the big leap into getting new, larger work is due to the probability of a drought order in the area.  I need to leave the option of ladders (whether legal or not) open to me as reverting to ladders is better than no income at all.
totally agree with you on this one

i do several rest homes for the council
1 of them used to take 2 of us 3 hours to complete

i can now do the same in 1 hour 45mins using wfp (ON MY OWN)
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2006, 04:52:09 pm »

ps i'm only on here today cos i can't find my easter egg.

This is why (sorry mate):