This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sir Squeaky

Re: WASTE OF MONEY
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2006, 05:23:48 pm »
we now live in a society of modern technology so open your eyes and move on from and out of the caves
So come on then Mr.Grafter(or not now if that's the case).....
How am I going to be "left behind?"

Is my business going to fold because I do the job properly?

Is it essential to spend hours a week setting things up and fixing problems?

Is it wrong of me to have small overheads? Will that make me bankrupt? ::)

Am I in danger of being forced out of the market because I can put my feet up when I get home while you're stressing about DI units and resin pumps(or whatever it is).

I do my work just a quick as you, and that's fact.
...oh, and without spots and streaks. ;)

Perhaps a few people should take these points on board before making such silly statements because they've spent masses of cash to do the same job. ::)

Franky2020

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2006, 05:30:15 pm »
Well said squeaky clean

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2006, 05:42:07 pm »
Well i look at it from this point of view window cleaning is a means to earn a decent amount of cash in a short period of time !! by ladder or pole though i use pole mostly purely because i want to be sure i am 100% safe not much good to anyone injured or worse as i am sure you will agree so why their is always this competion as which is best is beyond me i personnally think using a pole is quicker but hey its a free country  ::) ::)

brett walker

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2006, 05:50:08 pm »
I am wfp for a number of reasons

Rog, squeeky puts some good points accross i have the upmost respect for him as he stands up for what he believes in.

Brett

brett walker

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2006, 05:56:01 pm »
Brett

just sold my traditional round

That didn't take you long!

Maybe you should start a new business - building up rounds and selling them on!

At least now you can concentrate on building your WFP round and not worry about looking after the old round and worrying if you're ever going to get a buyer. :)

Hope you got what you wanted for it.

Onwards & Upwards! (without ladders) ;)

Steve

Hi Steve,

I have built some good rounds up over the years and sold them on im on 4 building sites at the moment and another ones just going up, got a few irons in fires so its onwards and upwards ;)

cheers

Brett

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2006, 05:59:54 pm »
I am wfp for a number of reasons

Rog, squeeky puts some good points accross i have the upmost respect for him as he stands up for what he believes in.

Brett

I respect his views as well Brett.  I was working all my jobs the traditional way until October 2005.  I had less problems doing it that way as he says, and I do use trad on a few smaller jobs where WFP would be a nightmare.  I have no problem with how others want to work.  I just keep the focus on how I work.  OK there's no harm in giving and receiving a bit of a ribbing but that's just banter.  Generally, I prefer WFP for safety reasons and, on larger jobs with decent access, for time reasons too.

Archy136

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2006, 06:03:33 pm »
I make that 22-2 so far.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2006, 06:21:21 pm »
Is that Proverbs 22 v 2 Arch 136?
It's a game of three halves!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006, 06:21:31 pm »
Well i look at it from this point of view window cleaning is a means to earn a decent amount of cash in a short period of time !! by ladder or pole though i use pole mostly purely because i want to be sure i am 100% safe not much good to anyone injured or worse as i am sure you will agree so why their is always this competion as which is best is beyond me i personnally think using a pole is quicker but hey its a free country  ::) ::)

I totally agreed with your post until the last four words   :)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2006, 06:24:19 pm »
Cheers Brett and Shiner. ;)

I didn't want to get into this sort of rant mode again.
Each to one's own, and I respect your decisions too.
I'm sure you like it, and you ARE safer. :)

It's just every now and again I read something stupid like "you'll be left behind" or "you're in the dark ages" and it just annoys me.
I don't go making silly comments for no reason.

Sorry, but there's no need for it, and I have to prove that sort of remark innacurate.

Rog.

Majestic

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 06:33:29 pm »
I clean using both  WFP and Trditional , WFP is just another tool

AuRavelling79

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 06:38:34 pm »
Squeaky - me ole fruit - can I make a suggestion?

I've just got a back-pack from cleantech - why don't you go for one?

Hear me out please....

I went wfp in March 2005 with a trolley from Peter Fogwill and since then I got a tank and hose two months ago and last week I got a back pack.

If you get a backpack you can use it to increase your safety by doing jobs over porch roofs, conservatories, rooflights, going thru houses where even a ladder can't always go and anywhere else you feel unsafe or is simply inaccessible to a ladder.

You will likely live longer and earn more money.

This way you get the best of both worlds - safety, opportunity and simplicity.

You and your family will rest easier knowing that you are not going to use a ladder in dodgy circumstances because you have a choice.

Please mate, do it - Tosh knows all about backpacks and after over a year of wfp I've finally realised that the backpack increases your opportunity on residential like no other piece of kit.

Malc

Archy136

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2006, 06:59:43 pm »
Not this time Malc. But I do think ladders went out with Noahs Arc!

The Fox

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2006, 07:01:20 pm »
All this Trad verses WFP is a load of c---

WFP has giving the customers a choice of which way they want there windows cleaned.
Some are happy with it some are not and some just don’t care.

I have lost customers because I use WFP but I have also gained because of it. You just build a round to suit the way you work.

Window cleaners also have a choice, climb ladders or keep your feet on the ground which ever suits you best.

Both methods have pro’s and con’s for using them. It is up to the individual to make that choice.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2006, 07:11:34 pm »
Squeaky - me ole fruit - can I make a suggestion?

I've just got a back-pack from cleantech - why don't you go for one?

Hear me out please....

I went wfp in March 2005 with a trolley from Peter Fogwill and since then I got a tank and hose two months ago and last week I got a back pack.

If you get a backpack you can use it to increase your safety by doing jobs over porch roofs, conservatories, rooflights, going thru houses where even a ladder can't always go and anywhere else you feel unsafe or is simply inaccessible to a ladder.

You will likely live longer and earn more money.

This way you get the best of both worlds - safety, opportunity and simplicity.

You and your family will rest easier knowing that you are not going to use a ladder in dodgy circumstances because you have a choice.

Please mate, do it - Tosh knows all about backpacks and after over a year of wfp I've finally realised that the backpack increases your opportunity on residential like no other piece of kit.

Malc
I know what you're saying Malc, but I can't simply just buy a backpack. ???
What would I fill it with?
I'd still have all the bother of wfp systems.

Besides, I don't do anything over first floor now, and nothing awkward.
I've cut them out. :)

Why will I earn more money?
I'll spend more!

dustycorner

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2006, 07:45:39 pm »
Very very funny Tosh lol

Cheers Mark.

AuRavelling79

Re: WASTE OF MONEY New
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2006, 09:17:40 pm »
I know what you're saying Malc, but I can't simply just buy a backpack. ???
What would I fill it with?
I'd still have all the bother of wfp systems.

Besides, I don't do anything over first floor now, and nothing awkward.
I've cut them out. :)

Why will I earn more money?
I'll spend more!

Because you can do work you cannot reach now - awkward windows - third floor etc. and if you only use a small amount of pure water you could produce it from resin (cuz chepstow is a relatively soft water area or even buy it from Tosh or Ian  - cheap cheap!) and cost it in to all those new better paying jobs you no longer have to turn down.

Don't chuck your ladders if you don't want to; just see - a backpack will open opportunities for you - not reduce them.

craig jwc

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2006, 09:30:33 pm »
I had a phone call last month to price on a job as their window cleaner won't do their windows anymore as it takes too long with ladders was unreliable and won't do the frames.

He was charging them £12 per house and took him around 5 hours to do (6 Houses - they are fairly big)

I quoted them £20 per house & one at £25, and it took me just over 3 hours today to do them.

I've just picked up some more work from a Housing Association because the results the wfp give.

WFP is definately NOT a waste of money.

It's another tool for us to use which gives good results if used correctly and for me a far SAFER way to work.

Craig

janitaz

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2006, 10:20:59 pm »
i would like to ask you a question, i am female window cleaner 4ft 10 and i have trouble reaching some of the top windows ,  i was interested in the wfp system , is there any body in the Newbury Area who would be willing to show me how it works etc. I have a lot of work but i do find ladder work very tiring now. can any one help me PLEASE!!!!!!! ::)

jinky230

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2006, 10:51:26 pm »
guys I think you have missed the picture where squeeky is concerned

going by his point of views he has ironed out all the hassle jobs and has nice easy jobs that in theory done traditional is probably just as quick.

wfp is good for height or roofs or inaccess areas, which squeeky is not interested in as he has enough customers to do him,and has filtered the bad from the easy  over the years to give him a nice easy customer base.Why should he go into wfp hes not interested in hassle work.Go on squeeky you will
be around for years, because most of your work would probably pass health and safety anyway.For the rest of us who want to increase our workload we may need to chase the harder and higher work and would need wfp,this is ok as well.
come on Guys you cant kick a guy for keeping life simple

I have been doing window cleaning for 30 years i roughly do 6 semi houses  an hour I also use wfp and I dont find it any quicker on domestic, only safer in some areas but a lot quicker on commercial .

The wfp is quicker to start on domestic with but over the day when you take into consideration topping up with containers etc hassle of windows over roofs and you need to change poles it starts to balance  out

hope i have got it right or I will be shot down

jinky