This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Allways Cleaning

Re: WASTE OF MONEY
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2006, 12:23:14 am »
nope think that is a fair assumption.

jinky230

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2006, 08:28:10 am »
thanks for the support paul

however squeeky might find himself going over when the media brings to the publics notice that they can be sued if their window cleaner is not carrying the job out in a safe manner, and this is when it will hit traditional window cleaners
but hay in 5 years from now squeeky will probably pick up a backpack for about £50 and will still be in business

jinky

jinky230

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2006, 09:04:55 am »
guys just another thought

what if you tell customers that it is unsafe to go up ladders are you restricting your earning potential when the same customer asks for a quote for cleaning internal gutters or painting the outside of their house or is wfp only safe for when you go up to window height

debates acceptable

jinky

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2006, 09:48:21 am »
Jinky

It all depends on the nature of the job to be done so you are not restricting your earning potential. One point.. properly used it is not unsafe to go up ladders.

The WAHR states that working at height should be avoided wherever possible. Ladders may be used but only when all other means have been ruled out. Painting the outside of a house for instance will probably mean that ladders will have to be used, the same will apply to inside gutter cleaning etc. If ladders are to be used a risk assesment should be done along with a method statement. Now.. this does apply to houses and not just commercial. A householder is regarded as a "duty holder" in the same way as any business. Watch this space for the inevitable claim through one of those ambulance chasing companies that advertise the no win-no fee damages claims. It will happen.

I admire Squeaky for defending his corner so well. I am sure he is a real pro and knows his stuff very well. I think that he has taken a decision on the basis of the nature of his workload and he obviously is very concerned about the quality of his work. Good luck to him I say. It isnt the likes of him that will end the use of ladders.. it's the black economy guys that WILL sue and make headlines. For instance I know a guy who works with 2 lads "on the side" I have seen them do very dangerous things. The guy just laughs this off but how many are there like him around? Many i think. It will only take one or two of the type of lads that work for him to sue the householder to get ladder use for window cleaning even more restricted. Then the likes of Squeaky will have to re-assess the whole thing.

Andrew

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2006, 10:11:54 am »
Jinky,(and Andrew too) you've got it spot on.
Finally someone who understands.... ;D

If I'm forced to stop using ladders then I've got no choice, but I'm happy enough until then.
Saying that, I may well start a different business altogether.

I don't really want the bother of water systems, and I'd never hear the end of it on here if I did! ;D

Rog.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2006, 10:54:29 am »
guys I think you have missed the picture where squeeky is concerned

going by his point of views he has ironed out all the hassle jobs and has nice easy jobs that in theory done traditional is probably just as quick.

wfp is good for height or roofs or inaccess areas, which squeeky is not interested in as he has enough customers to do him,and has filtered the bad from the easy  over the years to give him a nice easy customer base.Why should he go into wfp hes not interested in hassle work.Go on squeeky you will
be around for years, because most of your work would probably pass health and safety anyway.For the rest of us who want to increase our workload we may need to chase the harder and higher work and would need wfp,this is ok as well.
come on Guys you cant kick a guy for keeping life simple

I have been doing window cleaning for 30 years i roughly do 6 semi houses  an hour I also use wfp and I dont find it any quicker on domestic, only safer in some areas but a lot quicker on commercial .

The wfp is quicker to start on domestic with but over the day when you take into consideration topping up with containers etc hassle of windows over roofs and you need to change poles it starts to balance  out

hope i have got it right or I will be shot down

jinky

Good point Jinky.  I was about to replace some work where I needed to tile walk until WFP came along.

master cleaner

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2006, 11:30:42 am »
Jinky,(and Andrew too) you've got it spot on.
Finally someone who understands.... ;D

If I'm forced to stop using ladders then I've got no choice, but I'm happy enough until then.
Saying that, I may well start a different business altogether.

I don't really want the bother of water systems, and I'd never hear the end of it on here if I did! ;D

Rog.

hi rog
you would here the last of it we would all help you to set up

i started window cleaning 11ago
 i bought my wfp 6 months ago 2 weeks after i bought the wfp i broke my toe which ment i couldnt go up a ladder anyway so if it wasnt for the wfp i would have been off work for a month as it was i only had 1 day off.

then this week we were working in near gale force winds (no rain) normally if i was using ladders i would have gone home but instead i stayed there and earned £250 which last year at this time i wouldnt

you are obviously good at what you do trad but dont shut out the option of doing the same job with wfp
i am so glad that i changed over and this isnt just because of the money i have spent it is the honest truth .

can i ask rog , have you used a wfp maybe off one of your mates tosh ian ,just for an hour to see what all the fuss is about

anyway rog i wish you all the best in whatever you decide , but just remember that we are only trying to direct you to wfp ( rightly or wrongly) because we care

thanx

gary

jinky230

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2006, 02:23:22 pm »
some good replys guys like andrew mc cann = its spot on

and it is only thru debate of pros and cons that determines if there is a place for any new method

I personnally mix both using common sense when I need to keep myself safe

I have fell of 3 times in 5 years 1st pins in leg off work 2 months
second right arm  and thrid still nursing broken sholder after fall in nov all from roofs all my fals came in nov/dec when the tiles that do not get sunlight  create a moss coating very slippy , now everyone is fitting decking the worse ever for window cleaners This looks like I am totally unsafe, but I can assure you we take every care for safety, we dont jump fences or gates  we use fits for roof work i have 30 years experience and still  manage to have 3 falls in 5 years

I dont know if wfp will replace traditional window cleaning, but we are a lot safer using this method for dangerous areas and it is this reason that no window cleaner can be without this equipment in their kit

your jinky