This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martin clarke

Why pay for training?
« on: October 18, 2012, 07:23:42 pm »
Help! I know I haven't posted many things on here, but why would You pay for a training course when you can book yourself onto a fully funded course.
Are there any particular differences in the course offered here for £185 + vat or the city and guilds version that is fully funded?
 ???

stuart mc

Re: Why pay for training?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 07:26:47 pm »
I think the paid course is mostly practical, and the other is theory and H&S based

just my thoughts haven't done either

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 07:28:41 pm »
3 years ago I paid I think £360 ish for 2 days at Ionics ... 1 day WFP and 1 day trad ........... best money I spend well apart from George systems at £50

plus tax deductable  ;)

Erithwc

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 07:35:50 pm »
why dont you see if impact 43 have any courses near you

i have just finished my city and guilds with them it was a very good overall course  ;D ;D

Paul

bobplum

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 07:35:59 pm »
and he still hasn't got it right ;D

martin clarke

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 07:55:05 pm »
why dont you see if impact 43 have any courses near you

i have just finished my city and guilds with them it was a very good overall course  ;D ;D

Paul
Thanks Paul. I am on the course with Impact 43 was just wondering what the differences where and if no ajor ones, why would you pay for a course.

email me I might have a few contacts Erith Belvedere and Abbey wood. I get asked now and then if I can do some cleaning when I come back down.

Martin

DG Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 07:57:51 pm »
You should pay because if it's fully funded it means someone else has to pay. I suppose it comes down to a question of conscience

martin clarke

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 08:02:59 pm »
But over the course of many years at work, I've paid a fair whack into the pot that the funding will be taken out of. I'm not concerned about the paying for training but are there big enough differences to make me pay for a course that the government are happy to pay for.
Sorry if thats getting a bit deep.

p1w1

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 08:41:36 pm »
You should pay because if it's fully funded it means someone else has to pay. I suppose it comes down to a question of conscience

what utter garbage

Paul H

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 08:45:32 pm »
3 years ago I paid I think £360 ish for 2 days at Ionics ... 1 day WFP and 1 day trad ........... best money I spend well apart from George systems at £50

plus tax deductable  ;)

+1 as above

and just done impact 43

DG Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 09:03:51 pm »
Perhaps it is garbage, next time someone close to you can't get treatment on the NHS or perhaps you've got a son in Afghanistan without the the right life saving kit because if armed forces cutbacks then will it seem like garbage? I'm not judging anyone for taking handouts but its not for me.

edward1

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 10:56:55 pm »
who"s paying for this add ;D ;D ;D

mmm
i wonder who does window cleaning  training coarses

gary999

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 11:09:34 pm »
Perhaps it is garbage, next time someone close to you can't get treatment on the NHS or perhaps you've got a son in Afghanistan without the the right life saving kit because if armed forces cutbacks then will it seem like garbage? I'm not judging anyone for taking handouts but its not for me.

ive been working  for nearly thirty years and have more than paid into the system
like the vast majority..i have never claimed a penny in benefits so you will excuse me if i dont give a monkeys
toss about your opinion if i take or dont take up a offer of a funded course that could benefit me.

hardly a handout far as im concerned...ive more than earned it if i decide i want to take it up

stick to cleaning windows mate...you are making a sweeping generalisation with little
or no imformation on if or how much people have contributed and generally asked for
nothing or little in return.

in other words you are talking b******s ;D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 01:16:46 pm »

ive been working  for nearly thirty years and have more than paid into the system
like the vast majority..i have never claimed a penny in benefits so you will excuse me if i dont give a monkeys
toss about your opinion if i take or dont take up a offer of a funded course that could benefit me.

hardly a handout far as im concerned...ive more than earned it if i decide i want to take it up

stick to cleaning windows mate...you are making a sweeping generalisation with little
or no imformation on if or how much people have contributed and generally asked for
nothing or little in return.

in other words you are talking b******s ;D

Gary, if you want it mate then go for it.
I wouldn't think any less of you for doing so
Just saying why it's not for me.

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 06:03:39 pm »
Help! I know I haven't posted many things on here, but why would You pay for a training course when you can book yourself onto a fully funded course.
Are there any particular differences in the course offered here for £185 + vat or the city and guilds version that is fully funded?
 ???

I have noted that the FWC has listed their training courses
A one-day IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) Accredited Health and Safety Course. 
Risk Assessment for window, gutter & facade cleaning from FWC
£370 in total and I am aware discounted for members

My issue as a member and former committee executive
Is the QCF Level 1 & 2 qualification provides more and is funded.
I have raised my concern several times with the FWC and chairman why don't the FWC advertise the benefits of the QCF to members in an equal presentation, both on its website and window talk
There was a post about the FWC recently and I plan to comment on Bryan Dolby's post

DG Cleaning, I respect your views, however at any time there is a post concerning Impact43 and funded training you vent your anger at there being a waste of tax payers money, quoting armed forces and NHS
I would like to add my comments if I may,

Funded training generates and income, we employ a number of staff, they pay tax, we pay tax
Petrol, we spend around £25,000 in petrol delivering the course across the country, look up how much of that goes to the tax man
VAT on everything we buy for the courses, hotel rooms, they employ staff to cater for functions, those they buy coffee from, etc etc
We pay corporate tax, individual partner tax, we buy and run cars, again tax, the college employs a large workforce, and so on, I can assure you a great deal of the fund goes back to its source.

Second point, My son recently came out of the armed forces, served as an infantry soldier so am more than aware of some of the pressure, lack of kit, etc, are you aware of the MOD budget and spend and the waste and false accounting and loss of equipment that disappears. Also on a personally note I dont feel we should be involved in in the first place in various conflicts we are drawn into.

Lastly we spend millions on industry related NHS bills as a result of industry related accidents and on going treatment   

I would like to add one final point and a question, as someone passionate about not waisting tax payers money you have a statutory obligation if you use ladders or waterfed pole to be trained, can you put copies of your Certs up for us to see, what training have you committed to.

I dont see the course we run as a waste of tax payers money, I see it as vital to bring our industry forward, get people working safely, provide them with information and knowledge so they can make sensibly decisions on a day to day
basis. Give up four days of your time and see for yourself.  Reagrds Andy Willis

Halfadaylee

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 06:08:42 pm »
 ???

A one-day IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) Accredited Health and Safety Course. 

I have raised my concern several times with the FWC and chairman why don't the FWC advertise the benefits of the QCF to members in an equal presentation, both on its website and window talk
There was a post about the FWC recently and I plan to comment on Bryan Dolby's post

DG Cleaning, I respect your views, however at any time there is a post concerning Impact43 and funded training you vent your anger at there being a waste of tax payers money, quoting armed forces and NHS

Funded training generates and income, we employ a number of staff, they pay tax, we pay tax
Petrol, we spend around £25,000 in petrol delivering the course across the country, look up how much of that goes to the tax man
VAT on everything we buy for the courses, hotel rooms, they employ staff to cater for functions, those they buy coffee from, etc etc
We pay corporate tax, individual partner tax, we buy and run cars, again tax, the college employs a large workforce, and so on, I can assure you a great deal of the fund goes back to its source.

Second point, My son recently came out of the armed forces, served as an infantry soldier so am more than aware of some of the pressure, lack of kit, etc, are you aware of the MOD budget and spend and the waste and false accounting and loss of equipment that disappears. Also on a personally note I dont feel we should be involved in in the first place in various conflicts we are drawn into.

Lastly we spend millions on industry related NHS bills as a result of industry related accidents and on going treatment   

I would like to add one final point and a question, as someone passionate about not waisting tax payers money you have a statutory obligation if you use ladders or waterfed pole to be trained, can you put copies of your Certs up for us to see, what training have you committed to.

I dont see the course we run as a waste of tax payers money, I see it as vital to bring our industry forward, get people working safely, provide them with information and knowledge so they can make sensibly decisions on a day to day
basis. Give up four days of your time and see for yourself.  Reagrds Andy Willis

Great post.
Art

Paul H

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 06:11:13 pm »
 ???

well said Andy

Imagine an army, police force, fire brigade etc.. without training and credentials and operating in a gung ho unsafe manner??

As a trade / occupation / profession (which i prefer use).. I know where i want to sit in the market place..

bobplum

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 06:31:55 pm »
 ???

basis. Give up

i luv you :-*

DG Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 08:42:42 pm »
Andrew I respect your opinion and it's nice of you to put it across without insults unlike some posts on here.
I'm sure your training is of some use, but I'm not going to undertake it unless I can pay for it. Foolish you may think, but my choice.
Also I may well have a statutory obligation to be trained and show certification in the use of ladders and water fed pole but I'm not going to take training in the safe use of either.
As I've pointed out previously I'd like to see the UK follow a more common sense approach to life in general, I suppose here is where I make my stand if that puts me outside the law then so be it.
When it boils down to it the safe use of ladder or pole then both are fairly simple things to use, I except the ladder is more dangerous than the pole but I bet if most members of clean it up asked themselves honestly if they need training to use either they'd say no, but are mainly doing it to gain certification.
I'm of the opinion if you can't work out the safe use of either then you really are in the wrong industry and the government is wasting its money providing training for it.

Have a good weekend

Ps let all the slating come my way ah ah  ;D ;D

James Leet

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 09:08:07 pm »

Oh and it also pays you well via the government funding, Shall we not kid ourselves here  ::)