This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Erithwc

Re: Why pay for training?
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2012, 01:50:47 pm »
You lot don't half take things personal don't you?   :D

Not me just find it funny how people on here react when other members don't agree with them.

They are like old horses with blinkers on and can only see straigh in front and can't see the truck coming from the left  ;) ;)

Paul

James Leet

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2012, 02:06:57 pm »

their response..."mate if you are going to do something...do the training available then do the job right and do it proper"... And my mates are professional soldiers / marines etc..

Now like i said off to that audition 8)

Of course they did  ::)

Did you explain to them you have a van with a hose stuck out of the rear attached to a pump and a brush on a pole, then you push a brush up and down on the glass ?

I bet you didn't did you ?

As you view your job so poorly I would hope this is reflected in the prices you charge.

After all you are not classing your self as a professional cleaner so you should only need to earn a unskilled wage £10-15 per hour should be about right  ;) ;) ;D ;D

Paul

This is and open forum everyone has an opinion it does not mean they are right or wrong live and let live

or go on the Jeremy Kyle show  ;D ;D

Live and let live eh ?

yet you have formed a opinion of me ( that is incorrect by the way )  because i do not buy into the ' do a pointless course just so i can look good '

i guess you thought safety in numbers as i am not in the herd here ?

Erithwc

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2012, 02:26:29 pm »

their response..."mate if you are going to do something...do the training available then do the job right and do it proper"... And my mates are professional soldiers / marines etc..

Now like i said off to that audition 8)

Of course they did  ::)

Did you explain to them you have a van with a hose stuck out of the rear attached to a pump and a brush on a pole, then you push a brush up and down on the glass ?

I bet you didn't did you ?

As you view your job so poorly I would hope this is reflected in the prices you charge.

After all you are not classing your self as a professional cleaner so you should only need to earn a unskilled wage £10-15 per hour should be about right  ;) ;) ;D ;D

Paul

This is and open forum everyone has an opinion it does not mean they are right or wrong live and let live

or go on the Jeremy Kyle show  ;D ;D

Live and let live eh ?

yet you have formed a opinion of me ( that is incorrect by the way )  because i do not buy into the ' do a pointless course just so i can look good '

i guess you thought safety in numbers as i am not in the herd here ?

My opinion was based on the way you speak about your unskilled job

Anyway its sunday and i can't be bothered so im going to have a beer and dinner  :-* :-*

Paul

Also need to make room for my nvq certificates  :-X :-X

DG Cleaning

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2012, 03:32:30 pm »
I think for some window cleaners these qualifications give there ego a boost. Rightly or wrongly a large percentage of the population views us as well down the pecking order when it comes to jobs and as a result look down on us. It seems the ones who've got an NVQ in window cleaning look down on those who haven't hence the Jeremy Kyle comment.

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2012, 04:39:36 pm »
Help! I know I haven't posted many things on here, but why would You pay for a training course when you can book yourself onto a fully funded course.
Are there any particular differences in the course offered here for £185 + vat or the city and guilds version that is fully funded?
 ???

Back to Martins original post comment

Why pay for training?

The focus for me was why is the FWC charging over £300 for two courses which the QCF level 1 and level 2 certificate in window cleaning provides and covers to an industry standard qualification.  My point does the Federation provide value to members when they are not actively promoting the City and Guilds courses.

Concerning Clean It Up, I would like to think this forum is not just for window cleaners who want to come on line with no ID and slag each other off.

Our industry in much bigger than this, as a trainer for the City and Guilds level 1 and 2 we have window cleaners on the courses from new starters, domestic residential to long standing 30 year plus commercial cleaners, this month I have two window cleaners on the Shard building, rope access level 3 operatives, window cleaners who clean the Gherkin sitting together with new starters and residential cleaners, for the commercial window cleaners the training is vital as their clients are specifying it, so commercial clients are seeing the benefit,

The following article outlines my thoughts and views it in more detail

http://www.cleaning43.com/latest-news/latest-news-article.php?latestNewsID=919

robertphil

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2012, 05:00:29 pm »
me n my gang REALLY wanted to go on the Impact course but couldnt cos they are all under 19 yrs ,age limit daft ot what, :( seems theyre gonna have to wait 2 or 3 yrs

Paul H

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2012, 05:06:54 pm »
Help! I know I haven't posted many things on here, but why would You pay for a training course when you can book yourself onto a fully funded course.
Are there any particular differences in the course offered here for £185 + vat or the city and guilds version that is fully funded?
 ???

Back to Martins original post comment

Why pay for training?

The focus for me was why is the FWC charging over £300 for two courses which the QCF level 1 and level 2 certificate in window cleaning provides and covers to an industry standard qualification.  My point does the Federation provide value to members when they are not actively promoting the City and Guilds courses.

Concerning Clean It Up, I would like to think this forum is not just for window cleaners who want to come on line with no ID and slag each other off.

Our industry in much bigger than this, as a trainer for the City and Guilds level 1 and 2 we have window cleaners on the courses from new starters, domestic residential to long standing 30 year plus commercial cleaners, this month I have two window cleaners on the Shard building, rope access level 3 operatives, window cleaners who clean the Gherkin sitting together with new starters and residential cleaners, for the commercial window cleaners the training is vital as their clients are specifying it, so commercial clients are seeing the benefit,

The following article outlines my thoughts and views it in more detail

http://www.cleaning43.com/latest-news/latest-news-article.php?latestNewsID=919

Andy i take it you are not off to the "idiot window cleaner audition"?... ;D

I suspect thats a NO becuase you are a professional and treat this industry like a profession and are trying to make it safe and professional.... for that i commend you...

Can i please have my certificate from that funded course nicely laminated please for my business porfolio i take to potential customers... cos it really does sell the sizzle and seal the deal ;D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2012, 06:36:34 pm »
Take your head out of his arse Paul ;D ;D ;D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2012, 06:40:06 pm »
I think for some window cleaners these qualifications give there ego a boost. Rightly or wrongly a large percentage of the population views us as well down the pecking order when it comes to jobs and as a result look down on us. It seems the ones who've got an NVQ in window cleaning look down on those who haven't hence the Jeremy Kyle comment.

I suppose it might be an ego boost for some.  For others it might tip the balance as to whether or not they get a particular contract.
I see no wrong in taking a freely offered course.  I'm also doing it with Maths GCSE at evening class.  As someone who has only signed on the dole for a few weeks during a 40 year working life and only taken a couple of months sick pay (when I was very ill), I see no harm in taking a little from the system to which I've paid so much.
I do agree that H & S and window cleaning are more about common sense - but with no internet back then, I made a few mistakes that might have been costly.
If you want to make a personal stand against such courses that is your right of course.  However, I reckon that you can only say that something is wrong for you - not for everyone.  I lost a few days work when I did mine.  Any chance of bunging me 50 notes towards the lost time?  :)

Paul if you read back through my posts you'll see I'm not advocating everyone join me in not doing free training and I'm not bothered who does it merely that it's not for me.

James Leet

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2012, 07:40:22 pm »

It is painfull to watch  :-*

James Leet

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2012, 07:42:44 pm »

Can i please have my certificate from that funded course nicely laminated please for my business porfolio i take to potential customers... cos it really does sell the sizzle and seal the deal ;D

If you need a worthless NVQ to sell the sizzle and seal the deal, i feel for you

James Leet

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2012, 07:44:12 pm »

My opinion was based on the way you speak about your unskilled job

Just Being realistic, no need to big up a simple job for me.

James Leet

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2012, 07:47:26 pm »

You could well be right with this post

The people who rave about a NVQ in window cleaning need that extra boost because they feel they need to show they are more than just a window cleaner they are a NVQ qualified window cleaner which might just impress someone somewhere at sometime

Paul H

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2012, 08:32:40 pm »

No way ... its only going deeper... i need that certificate laminated ;D ;D

Paul H

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2012, 08:39:01 pm »

You could well be right with this post

The people who rave about a NVQ in window cleaning need that extra boost because they feel they need to show they are more than just a window cleaner they are a NVQ qualified window cleaner which might just impress someone somewhere at sometime

Is this course not available in Scotland?

DG Cleaning

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2012, 09:07:12 pm »
No the Scots are too switched on to bother with it

James Leet

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2012, 07:08:06 pm »

No way ... its only going deeper... i need that certificate laminated ;D ;D

I guess when the certificate arrives and you win all this prestigious high end work after you show them the NVQ certificate you will be able to pop along to tescos and spend £15.00 on a laminator

Oh what delights that NVQ Will bring you in life

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2012, 09:40:58 am »
Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it's just James and DG's are wrong 8)

DG Cleaning

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2012, 09:53:23 am »
Clever boy Gareth   ;D

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2012, 09:56:26 am »
Not really much of a compliment from a numpty :-*