This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

James Leet

Re: Why pay for training?
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 09:12:31 pm »

Imagine an army, police force, fire brigade etc.. without training and credentials and operating in a gung ho unsafe manner??

As a trade / occupation / profession (which i prefer use).. I know where i want to sit in the market place..

Hardly the same is it ?

Army , Police, Fire brigade , Window Cleaner

Spot the Difference

gung ho unsafe manner  ;D ;D ;D

You are using a brush on a pole, that is it  ::)

I feel for you if you class your work in the same class at the Army ( putting life at risk on tour ) Police ( reasons speak for themselves ) Fire Brigade ( Putting life at risk on shouts )

DG Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 09:20:03 pm »
James, glad you showed up mate I was beginning To think I was the sole voice of common sense   :D

mark311069

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2012, 09:51:39 pm »
make that three who think it is a total waste of time.

gary999

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2012, 10:27:31 pm »
Perhaps it is garbage, next time someone close to you can't get treatment on the NHS or perhaps you've got a son in Afghanistan without the the right life saving kit because if armed forces cutbacks then will it seem like garbage? I'm not judging anyone for taking handouts but its not for me.

ive been working  for nearly thirty years and have more than paid into the system
like the vast majority..i have never claimed a penny in benefits so you will excuse me if i dont give a monkeys
toss about your opinion if i take or dont take up a offer of a funded course that could benefit me.

hardly a handout far as im concerned...ive more than earned it if i decide i want to take it up

stick to cleaning windows mate...you are making a sweeping generalisation with little
or no imformation on if or how much people have contributed and generally asked for
nothing or little in return.

in other words you are talking b******s ;D

Gary, if you want it mate then go for it.
I wouldn't think any less of you for doing so
Just saying why it's not for me.

im not doing the course actually not really interested,just making the point that i
would feel fully entitled to take up if i so wished.

you wasnt just explaining why it wasnt for you...you were passing judgement
on people.

back peddaling is the only thing worse in my book...than talking b******s ;D

gary999

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2012, 10:28:55 pm »
James, glad you showed up mate I was beginning To think I was the sole voice of common sense   :D

back to passing judgement again....cmon make your mind up :D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2012, 10:45:52 pm »
Yawn   ;D

gary999

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2012, 11:02:20 pm »
Yawn   ;D

tired im not surprised with the stressing you do  ;D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2012, 11:29:24 pm »
I'm probably one of the least stressed people your likely to meet. It comes from having a clear conscience unlike some on here.  Off to bed now mate enjoy the rest of your weekend  mate ;D

James Leet

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 12:16:40 am »

It is a Joke, We have someone who sells training telling us all how important and great it is  ::) ::) who falls for that  ???

Then to make is even Funnier, someone saying that we need training just as much as the Army, Police and Fire do  ;D ;D

If I did not know better i would say it is someone making silly posts and then being on a spoof TV program ' A Idiot Window Cleaner '

Paul H

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 06:56:27 am »

It is a Joke, We have someone who sells training telling us all how important and great it is  ::) ::) who falls for that  ???

Then to make is even Funnier, someone saying that we need training just as much as the Army, Police and Fire do  ;D ;D

If I did not know better i would say it is someone making silly posts and then being on a spoof TV program ' A Idiot Window Cleaner '

dont knock it till youve tried it ... you might actually learn something and change the way you operate...for the best by the sound of you

or i suspect you know its all... or think you do..

Now run along and audition for that tv programme you mentioned ;D ;D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 07:35:03 am »
Has the "idiot window cleaner" just turned up James?

gary999

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 09:10:10 am »

still judging i see ;D

Erithwc

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 09:20:14 am »
The course that impact 43 do is very good, some people that go on there like me want to grow their business but don't know enough about H&S to gain bigger jobs, i had to turn down a £300 per month job as i wasn't sure about what was expected of me H&S Method statement wise.

Now that i have done the course i have the informaton and foundations i needed to do ra & ms for the bigger jobs.

So if i did the course earlier i would have got the £300 per month contract which would be an extra £60 in tax paid to hmrc in long run the goverment would get the cost of the course back.

The way i see it is i have paid in since i left school never claimed job seekers or benifits so if i can get a free course why not the thing is a few hundered window cleaners are not going to cost the goverment a fortune.

If these courses STOP one person from failing off a ladder or STOPS a member of the public being hurt it could save the goverment a fortune in disabilty payments or unemployment payments.

Paul  ;D ;D ;D to much writing for a sunday mornning

James Leet

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 09:41:25 am »

No, it appears he was already here spouting rubbish about how important a worthless " training course " is to Window Cleaners & the industry

James Leet

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 09:45:46 am »

Now run along and audition for that tv programme you mentioned ;D ;D

No need, they have enough with people using Quotes like this

Imagine an army, police force, fire brigade etc.. without training and credentials and operating in a gung ho unsafe manner??

As a trade / occupation / profession (which i prefer use).. I know where i want to sit in the market place..

I have sent This Message to a buddy who has just returned from Afghanistan, At lease he will have a laugh this morning

Paul H

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 12:16:08 pm »
The course that impact 43 do is very good, some people that go on there like me want to grow their business but don't know enough about H&S to gain bigger jobs, i had to turn down a £300 per month job as i wasn't sure about what was expected of me H&S Method statement wise.

Now that i have done the course i have the informaton and foundations i needed to do ra & ms for the bigger jobs.

So if i did the course earlier i would have got the £300 per month contract which would be an extra £60 in tax paid to hmrc in long run the goverment would get the cost of the course back.

The way i see it is i have paid in since i left school never claimed job seekers or benifits so if i can get a free course why not the thing is a few hundered window cleaners are not going to cost the goverment a fortune.

If these courses STOP one person from failing off a ladder or STOPS a member of the public being hurt it could save the goverment a fortune in disabilty payments or unemployment payments.

Paul  ;D ;D ;D to much writing for a sunday mornning

Agree....FREE training to be able to source and gain the better priced professional work... professional organistions and businesses want professional accountable safe & reliable window cleaning set ups... and will pay for their services....

They dont want idiots ;D ;D ;D....

And for the record i was in the armed forces and so have many a chum who has served not only afghan but many other zones...well before afghan came on the scene...   

their response..."mate if you are going to do something...do the training available then do the job right and do it proper"... And my mates are professional soldiers / marines etc..

Now like i said off to that audition 8)

James Leet

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 12:29:20 pm »

their response..."mate if you are going to do something...do the training available then do the job right and do it proper"... And my mates are professional soldiers / marines etc..

Of course they did  ::)

Did you explain to them you have a van with a hose stuck out of the rear attached to a pump and a brush on a pole, then you push a brush up and down on the glass ?

I bet you didn't did you ?

James Leet

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2012, 12:30:22 pm »
oh and as i said " No need, they have enough with people like you "

Erithwc

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2012, 01:26:05 pm »

Of course they did  ::)

Did you explain to them you have a van with a hose stuck out of the rear attached to a pump and a brush on a pole, then you push a brush up and down on the glass ?

I bet you didn't did you ?

As you view your job so poorly I would hope this is reflected in the prices you charge.

After all you are not classing your self as a professional cleaner so you should only need to earn a unskilled wage £10-15 per hour should be about right  ;) ;) ;D ;D

Paul

This is and open forum everyone has an opinion it does not mean they are right or wrong live and let live

or go on the Jeremy Kyle show  ;D ;D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2012, 01:38:40 pm »
You lot don't half take things personal don't you?   :D