Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CARPET KNIGHTS

Re: jaguar
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2011, 10:54:37 pm »
negatives

need a big van with at least 1800kg capacity
extra strain on van suspension, breaks and over mechanical parts
van needs tyres replaced more often and they are more expensive
higher fuel costs not only for the tm but for the van carrying extra weight
tm parts are super expensive as already discussed in another topic
Dog/cat poop on hoses
high water usage from home
Noisy
if the van breaks down your shut
if the tm breaks down your shut
if you can't park at or on the same side of the road of the property you can't do the job

the list could just go on and on.

I run two vans one tm and one porty, the tm is obviously quicker but not by as much as everybody is saying.

Don't get me wrong i love my TM but many people just don't want one for whatever reason and the Jaguar is an excellent machine for those that want to go porty.

Cheers Goron

Colin Day

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2011, 07:36:59 am »
Goron...

You had me at cat/dog poop ;D

Cheers, Col...

dek

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2011, 08:24:27 am »
So much for the TM/Porty debate which could go on for ever.But in reference to the original question does any one own a Jaguar and just how good are they?

cheers
Derrick.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2011, 10:22:52 am »
from what i can gather and hopefully someone will correct me if Im wrong but not a lot( if any) have been sold, no one has come forward to say they are an owner...... but not everyone frequents this forum.

some might have been put out on loan to evaluate them which would be a good idea

lots of people have said how good they are and how they will  buy one in the future.... but words are cheap when you are not actually putting your hand in your pocket.

we can all speculate about it with opinions for & against but the only real judge is the carpet cleaner who have the cash ready and are in the market to buy a replacement portable. I say replacement portable because all this hype about any new machine is to lure in the new starter who will believe anything that is said to them.

an experienced C/C will see the hype for what it is.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dennis

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2011, 10:33:40 am »

Colin Day

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2011, 11:25:31 am »
So much for the TM/Porty debate which could go on for ever.But in reference to the original question does any one own a Jaguar and just how good are they?

cheers
Derrick.

You'll find that there are a few people who have bought it and are in receipt of the "Beast of Bodmin" and have given it a write up on the other channel. I haven't actually used it as such, but I have had the pleasure of putting my hand over the 2" vacuum inlet while it is switched on. I appreciate that this is the equivalent of tyre kicking, but it did seem very powerful... ;D

I guess the guys who frequent the other forum could be seen to be biased in their opinions, but I find that they don't mind speaking their minds if there is something they aren't happy with, which I know Nick always addresses with swift and lively action.

I should hopefully be running one from the van at the end of the month, I might even start advertising the fact that I run a "van mounted" system ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2011, 12:09:03 pm »
Hi Guys

Is it correct that the Jaguar is replacing the Scorpian and if so is it better?

Cheers

Doug

Darren O

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2011, 12:45:43 pm »
is it true they got shot of the 3 vacs so they could fit a preasure gauge

Colin Day

« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2011, 01:11:53 pm »
Hi Guys

Is it correct that the Jaguar is replacing the Scorpian and if so is it better?

Cheers

Doug

I haven't heard anyone say that it's better than the Scorp yet, but I read someone measured it up against their other triple vac (of which I'm not at liberty to name) and the Jag was a lot more powerful in their opinion...

john martin

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2011, 01:41:54 pm »
"I haven't heard anyone say that it's better than the Scorp yet, but I read someone measured it up against their other triple vac (of which I'm not at liberty to name) and the Jag was a lot more powerful in their opinion..."

They're 'opinion' means nothing ... without testing with gauges and providing data .

The 6.6 motor has the same or less output than a higher watt three stage ...

It is not as powerfull as a scorpion ...

If the triplevac has three high watt three stages  , it is more powerfull .

Which is' better' is subjective ...

Colin Day

« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2011, 01:52:20 pm »
"I haven't heard anyone say that it's better than the Scorp yet, but I read someone measured it up against their other triple vac (of which I'm not at liberty to name) and the Jag was a lot more powerful in their opinion..."

They're 'opinion' means nothing ... without testing with gauges and providing data .

The 6.6 motor has the same or less output than a higher watt three stage ...

It is not as powerfull as a scorpion ...

If the triplevac has three high watt three stages  , it is more powerfull .

Which is' better' is subjective ...

I thought that someone wanted to know what someone's opinion of the Jag were and I have relayed what I have read. They did not test the Jaguar against the Scorpion, but another triple vac... Someone else suggested that they now need a glide due to the lock down of the wand. Again, this isn't MY opinion, it's what someone else has found by using the New Jag....

Billy Russell

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2011, 02:39:59 pm »
It was the airflex turbo it was tested againest!!! I kow the guy that tested it and he disliked the scorpion thats why he had a airflex! so he's not biased what so ever, if he didn't like it he would say, he told me it seems very powerful compared to the airflex, but like i said in an earlier post, lets give it a few months to establish any reliability issues, because i can remeber on here and other places where the airflex was slated because it was new and not proven and the scorpion had been out a long time and was proven blah blah blah Same as the Jag it's not proven, it seems good right now but still needs time on the market to prove its self, I've owned a scorpion and sold it after 4months for £1500, i just didn't like it, but others rave about them, same with anything really you need to see it in the field in a real working situation before you can really evaluate it!

john martin

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2011, 02:43:57 pm »
Yes ,but vague statements just add to the confusion out there ...
Why not name the triple vac ...  Is it the alltec ?   If you name it , folk can look up the machine spec and deduce why it would be more or less powerfull .

If its some old two stage triple vac , it may not be as powerfull .
If it is the new alltec with three parellel three stages(comparable to the scorpion ) then it is not as powerfull .

Colin Day

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2011, 02:47:58 pm »
Yes ,but vague statements just add to the confusion out there ...
Why not name the triple vac ...  Is it the alltec ?   If you name it , folk can look up the machine spec and deduce why it would be more or less powerfull .

If its some old two stage triple vac , it may not be as powerfull .
If it is the new alltec with three parellel three stages(comparable to the scorpion ) then it is not as powerfull .

Could you possibly elaborate on your findings? I am genuinely interested :)

By the way, I can't say on here as I don't want to upset anyone. Please email me and I'll tell you John :)

john martin

« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2011, 02:58:11 pm »

"Could you possibly elaborate on your findings? I am genuinely interested Smiley"

I would be delighted to ....

But i will be repeating myself and boring lots of folk in the process :)

The cross american website states that the CFM for scorpion is 326  ... Jag is 298
 The water lift is no greater for the 6.6 as a high watt three stage ...

Here is a video of some one using gauges etc to test the two  jag motors against two ( shall we call then alltec )  ametec 5.7 three stages .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KKAzll_-NA

Colin Day

« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2011, 03:04:10 pm »
Yes, but even that video is questionable. What it needs is a test to be carried out with total impartiality.

As you may or may not know, these new motors cannot be accurately measured like the old type, because you cannot measure vacuum lift and airflow at the same time!!!

And because the new ones are far more balanced in this respect, they are deemed more powerful!

john martin

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2011, 03:13:52 pm »
Well at least your getting specific now ...
But can you at least post a link to data supporting your theory ...
Or link to a discussion where the point you make is discussed ..

If not ... it sound like the same ol vagueness ....

Mike Halliday

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2011, 04:03:42 pm »

it would shut up all the non believers if a link was put up to the lamb/amtech website showing the vac motors and the official performance figures. but using make fanciful, believe names like Ultra-Tech Wind Tunnel Vac Motors just fuels the scepticism,
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Colin Day

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2011, 04:11:02 pm »
John, the best I can do try the machine out and tell you of my findings, I currently run an Altec Triple Vac which I am more than pleased with. But I will be in a position to try the Jag and my Alltec side by side at the end of this month. If I knew who you were or what you were about, I could maybe be bothered to research further than I have, but for all we know, you could be Tosh in disguise.... ;D

Colin Day

« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2011, 04:29:00 pm »

it would shut up all the non believers if a link was put up to the lamb/amtech website showing the vac motors and the official performance figures. but using make fanciful, believe names like Ultra-Tech Wind Tunnel Vac Motors just fuels the scepticism,

I think it's a case of "Time will tell!"