Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clarkson

jaguar
« on: June 30, 2011, 06:44:34 pm »

Hi All
  Has anyone had a jaguar porty from world of clean?

I am interested in it, looks like a scorpion which i know is highly thought of.

Its only twin vac, but these have very powerful sealed motors for incredible lift, sales speak or is this true?

Everyone you speak to has a different opinion on porty.s. I hear texatherm emv201 is good, and i have texatherm rotary system so would make sense for me.  but not many have them? and 3200 plus vat its a hefty price tag.

might buy harrys ninja if it doesnt sale away on fleabay :)

cheers

john

gwrightson

Re: jaguar
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 06:58:57 pm »

So is this another cpl plastic buckets  ? ;)
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

M.Acorn

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 07:05:20 pm »
Just had a look myself,and it looks like it's been put together in someone's garage,using readily available plastic containers,spec looks pretty impressive though
What goes around comes around

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 07:09:35 pm »

To be fair the spec of the scorpion is pretty good apart from the fact you do have to use cold water, " yes i know heat is an additional add on"   and it does look very cheap and nasty , like i said a cpl of plastic buckets.
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 08:05:30 pm »
Spec might be good, (i've just looked and they are pretty much the same as whats on the market already) but what I dont understand is why dont they make the body of the machine more attractive??

If I was in the market for  a new mchine it would not be the Jag or the scorpian.

markpowell

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 08:52:50 pm »
Cant re-invent the wheel, twin vac machine same power as the scorpion.
Mark

john martin

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 09:33:26 pm »
This again  ;D this is my take on it ..

Think of the new motors as the equivalent of "energy saving lightbulbs" insted of high powered .

They produce almost the same power CFM and lift as the current three stage while drawing a couple of less amps ...  this perhaps a move by the manufacturer to produce  'greener ' motors , and also because amps are precious in the states as they draw twice as many amps per watt at 120v as us at 230v.

The cross american website states the CFM of the scorpion as 326  ... and the Jaguar as 298 . 
Why people think the jaguar with two motors has as much power as scorpion im do not know ... cross america did list the 'combined' cfm and lift ratings for the 6.6 in a confusing way , so perhaps  rumor spread from there ...
That said the Jaguar has lots of features and should work well ...
but the design is Based on the american 120v market to me ...  over here we could get away with three motors or two and heat .

Darren O

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 10:13:04 pm »
Joe Hatton should be along in a minute

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 08:41:20 am »
Joe Hatton should be along in a minute

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 09:07:14 am »
Take and entry level Truck Mount for a test drive before thinking of spending that kind of money on what is at the end of the day a plastic bucket with a few motors attached. >:(

Simon

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 09:13:01 am »
John I think you will find that the motors actually draw more current than the normal 3 stage vacs this is why there can only be 2 fitted.

Where cfms are involved it does have less but it has much higher lift, so where in the past you either had a machine that was vacuum optimised or airflow optimised the jaguar is both.

I have seen and used this new machine and it is good.

As for the looks of the machine they have been discussed time and time again, It is a rather ugly looking machine but it works and looks like it is made to. It is not meant to be a fashion statement.

Cheers Goron

clarkson

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 02:57:54 pm »

hi Guys
 Thanks for comments, although the picture isnt any clearer.

It is ugly, but i always thought that about the scorpion, as said its about what is the best for cleaning carpets.

Someone mentioned a truckmount but the jaguar is 2000 +vat. iam not going to get a truckmount for that.

Also i have noticed most truckmount operators have a porty as well, sometimes you simply cant get the van close enough to the cleaning area however many hoses you have got.

i cant afford both so will search on for the best porty.

cheers

john

fenman

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 03:37:16 pm »
Yawn, yawn.
Customers want clean carpets and are not remotely interested in your nice looking machine.
If you are that bothered by looks rather than performance you can always put some go faster stripes on it.
What we need is a machine that does a good job, is reliable and lasts for years.
I do not know whether the Jaguar is better than any other machine but do not dismiss it because it does not fit your idea of how a machine should look.
There is an old fly fishing saying that bright flashy flies catch more anglers in the shop than they do actual fish.

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 04:05:40 pm »
If I was not finishing ccing as age has crept up on me, I would get a Jaguar.

My customers do not know or care what machine I use or chemicals- all they want is a clean carpet at a reasonable price.

God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Colin Day

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 04:46:19 pm »
Take and entry level Truck Mount for a test drive before thinking of spending that kind of money on what is at the end of the day a plastic bucket with a few motors attached. >:(

Simon

...remembering of course to have a couple of grand spare in the bank for when your TM breaks down >:(

The most expensive fix on a porty is probably the pump... :)

Colin Day

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 04:50:37 pm »
The Jaguar is an industrial carpet cleaning machine, has anyone ever seen a "nice looking" cement mixer on a building site, or a dump truck in the style of a Ferrari ??? I have been lucky enough to get up close and personal with this machine, and I'm having one.... ;)

Colin Day

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 05:20:29 pm »
Yawn, yawn.
Customers want clean carpets and are not remotely interested in your nice looking machine.
If you are that bothered by looks rather than performance you can always put some go faster stripes on it.
What we need is a machine that does a good job, is reliable and lasts for years.
I do not know whether the Jaguar is better than any other machine but do not dismiss it because it does not fit your idea of how a machine should look.
There is an old fly fishing saying that bright flashy flies catch more anglers in the shop than they do actual fish.

;D How true, my choice would be a Hairy Mary and a Greenwell's Glory ;D

clarkson

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 05:49:01 pm »

hi
 what do the people who know think of the two super motors are as good as 3 stage claim?

cheers

john

Mike Halliday

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 06:06:06 pm »
if the machine has the space for 3 vac motors why not fit 3 of these 'new' vac motors instead of just 2, I would think everyone would agree that you can never have too much vacuum.

the actual chassis look that same as the scorpion so 3 motors would fit.... unless they are bigger dimensionally.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

richy27

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 06:09:38 pm »
although many threads seem to turn into truckmount vs portable i happen to agree and disagree with some comments.

firstly yes correct some jobs you cant do with a tm  but generally speaking they tend to be jobs you dont want to do anyway

on the other hand there are jobs you cant do with a portable but these are jobs you def do want because of the £££££.

colin is correct if a truckmount does go down yes it could be expensive but with good maintanance you can touching wood do your bit to help prevent this .  and any ways the main parts of the tm are the most expensive pump, blower , engine . But there are truckmounts about that have done 5-10000 hours because they were maintained well.

each to there own but most people who are vehemently opposed to truckmounts deep down would love one really. i know a chap who used to tell me i was mad for having a tm bla bla bla all the time funny thing was he inherited some money guess what next month he had a tm funny that.

now i speak from experience i started my business with very little money , bought a porty, had no intention of getting tm d at the start because i believed it was out of my league and was not going to borrow to do it . took the chance on a decent used machine 2 years later  and never looked back.

ps to add if the jag looks mingin who cares if it does what it claims i am sure it is a cracking bit of kit . But in the words of dragons den lovely concept great idea but not for me   SO I AM OUT