Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

Re: jaguar
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 06:28:38 pm »
...remembering of course to have a couple of grand spare in the bank for when your TM breaks down
Colin,
That is a complete and utter fallacy, usually utter by people who have no expereicne of them and want to use it as an excuse not to have one ::) Unless you buy a pig in a poke, a TM needs very little by way of maintenance and nothing more than waer and tear replacements parts wise.
And then of course there is the massive difference in productivity that you get from a TM and that alone pays for the extra cost of it a thousand times over.

Simon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 07:02:39 pm »
When TM's go down they don't cost £000's to repair the worst thing is not having it repaired straight away, being a tmer of 11 years and a porty owner for 12 or so, a TM will increase productivity considerably and that's why TMers do more work and why I have moved onto them, which ever porty you get you still have to set it up and this takes time and also the refilling and refilling and refilling.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 07:16:07 pm »
And emptying and emptying, oh, and filling and then humping it in an out of the van. >:( All the time the TM guy's are working non-stop.
I did an upholstery job the other day and thought I'd did with my twin vac port (god knows why.) Got it filled and off I went - at a snails pace. Did two chairs and chucked it back in the van and got the TM going and it whistled through the rest of them. Hats off to you porty guy's.

Simon

john martin

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 07:38:03 pm »
John I think you will find that the motors actually draw more current than the normal 3 stage vacs this is why there can only be 2 fitted.

Where cfms are involved it does have less but it has much higher lift, so where in the past you either had a machine that was vacuum optimised or airflow optimised the jaguar is both.

Cheers Goron

Goran , can you post data links to  back up your statment ...
can you explain the results of this test .... two new 6.6 vs two"old"ametek 3 stage ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KKAzll_-NA

richy27

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 07:39:33 pm »
And emptying and emptying, oh, and filling and then humping it in an out of the van. >:( All the time the TM guy's are working non-stop.
I did an upholstery job the other day and thought I'd did with my twin vac port (god knows why.) Got it filled and off I went - at a snails pace. Did two chairs and chucked it back in the van and got the TM going and it whistled through the rest of them. Hats off to you porty guy's.

Simon

simon you forgot    and get home earlier to watch the tennis

Simon Gerrard

Colin Day

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 08:00:52 pm »
No filling/emptying with the Jaguar, it has auto-fill/dump. You can easily set it up so it stays on the van and if access is a problem, you can cap of the auto-fill/dump inlets and outlets respectively and use it as a normal porty... How versatile is that? So the hardest part's going to be plugging the machine in.... Oh bugger, that's going to be so difficult to do...  ;D ;D ;D

Colin Day

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 08:06:16 pm »
...remembering of course to have a couple of grand spare in the bank for when your TM breaks down
Colin,
That is a complete and utter fallacy, usually utter by people who have no expereicne of them and want to use it as an excuse not to have one ::) Unless you buy a pig in a poke, a TM needs very little by way of maintenance and nothing more than waer and tear replacements parts wise.
And then of course there is the massive difference in productivity that you get from a TM and that alone pays for the extra cost of it a thousand times over.

Simon

Also, if your van breaks down, you can't exactly swap the TM over to another vehicle :-*

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2011, 08:16:54 pm »
Colin,
Can't remember being off the road with van problem in the last 30 years.
All these negative waves, not like you ???

Billy Russell

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 08:28:23 pm »
I was in cornwall on weds having a service on my TM, and yes i could of done it myself or got it done closer but i enjoy the drive down there, enjoy talking to John and the team and i'm lucky enough to be in a position to have a day off to do it!!!!( Just thought i would add that in case anyone try's adding that to TM costs  ;D ) While i was there i popped in to see Nick and he was good enough to show me and to explain to me the workings of the Jag and yes it doe's seem to be a good machine but it needs to be on the market a bit longer before you see if it has any reliability issue's but if it doesn't great, not a bad machine!!!!

I've been TM'd since Jan after years of using porty's and i can honestly say if i had to do it all over again i would go with Simon on this one and look for a decent 2nd hand TM first and when the times right i might get a porty as back up for those couple of jobs a year i'd use it on!!!

I don't want to go into a TM v Porty debate, the above is just what i've found!!!!!!! and before anyone asks, yes i owned a scorpion before my TM!!!! and it does not compare to a TM in the slightest same as the Jag doesn't.  I think it was Mike Halliday or Doug Holloway on another post made an interesting point that the closer people try getting a portable to get truckmount performance, well it stops becoming so portable and becomes heavier and heavier!!!!!!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 08:35:01 pm »
Colin you still have to put hoses to a tap not all taps are outside or round the front of a house I know that I wouldn't feel that comfortable thinking that I had a hose attached to a posh tap in the kitchen thinking it would scratch it or pull off wetting the expensive decor, I can see the scenario of a hose coming from the tap to the machine then 2 leads going to 2 sockets all coming potentially through the hallway then there's the vacuum and solution hoses heath and safety would be having kittens.

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2011, 08:54:04 pm »
last time i used a porty was when i was 2 years old, filling was easy but my mum didn't like the emptying,

i'm getting mixed up here aren't i?  ;D

john martin

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2011, 08:58:14 pm »
not to on about it  ;D  but i would like to know where folk get confused  

Figures from the cross-american site ..  jaguar
"One of the highest combined vacuum ratings: 263" lift
A combined motors rating an amazing 298 cfm's

The Jaguar is a two stack parallel machine ..
so the lift will be half the above " combined " figure that you would get in series configuration ...ie about 131"
cfm in parallel will be 298

so based on those figures the jaguar has 131" lift and 298 cfm.

Ie. same or less lift than a good twin 3stage machine ...

Colin Day

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2011, 09:10:41 pm »
Colin,
Can't remember being off the road with van problem in the last 30 years.
All these negative waves, not like you ???

I'm actually just being positive about porty's and counter-acting your claims. I'm not getting a TM, simple as that, I only have a few hours play time in the day being sissy stay at home Dad so-to-speak, so a TM would be a lot of money sitting on my drive... Maybe when the kids have grown up and can walk to school on their own, I'll have a TM!

Don't take anything personally Simon, I have a lot of respect for you fella!!! :)

Colin Day

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2011, 09:17:16 pm »
Colin you still have to put hoses to a tap not all taps are outside or round the front of a house I know that I wouldn't feel that comfortable thinking that I had a hose attached to a posh tap in the kitchen thinking it would scratch it or pull off wetting the expensive decor, I can see the scenario of a hose coming from the tap to the machine then 2 leads going to 2 sockets all coming potentially through the hallway then there's the vacuum and solution hoses heath and safety would be having kittens.

Shaun

You can have the water coming from an on-board water tank, obviously a pump will be required.... But that's how the Yanks manage it...

steven Banks

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2011, 09:19:51 pm »
The Jaguar is an industrial carpet cleaning machine, has anyone ever seen a "nice looking" cement mixer on a building site, or a dump truck in the style of a Ferrari ??? I have been lucky enough to get up close and personal with this machine, and I'm having one.... ;)

Best post ever!  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2011, 09:32:05 pm »
Colin if I were in your position I wouldn't buy one but imagine if you got busier but you still needed to be home intime for the school run how many jobs could you get done with a TM?

Took me 15 years to get a petrol TM it doubles your productivity in most cases also makes people ask about your services more when they see it and they prefer having you back as they perceive a better clean.

Shaun

Colin Day

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2011, 09:38:24 pm »
I'm only 3 years in Shaun and as I've said a few times on CIU, I never say never..... :)

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2011, 09:52:07 pm »
When I buy another van maybe next year I will buy one for the time saved in filling and emptying, but i would always need a portable and rotary as alot of my work could never be done with a van mounted system.   

clarkson

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2011, 10:01:03 pm »

hi
 forgive this question as i have never considered tm. but i have experience with hoses having wfp. i also have a 15 meter  hose  on our guttevac. it is  a nightmare to deal with. i would rather move my old porty than fight with that hose for the same time.

surely dragging a hundred foot plus of 2 or 3 inch vac hose and the same in high pressure hose, across the path, down the garden through the door up the stairs etc. is as hard as wheeling the porty in?

and with 400-800psi plus huge extraction on new porty's where is the massive time saving tm operators claim? surely with both the time is down to the strokes of the operator on the wand.

most are prespraying which is really the cleaning now. the hwe is just a rinse. i just cant see where claims of two and three times productivity are coming from.

not calling tm'ers just trying to understand

cheers

john